What to do for a phone in London?

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:26 pm

i agree your mobile phone provider should give you package deals for calling and texting from the UK i would be surprised if they didnt. i am glad you are coming and am looking forward to meeting you at this venue. Image
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:47 pm

I checked with Verizon, when I was planning to go to Ukraine. They said I could get a new phone that would work with either network and that I could get it set up to have both a Ukrainian phone number and my US number, so that anyone calling from either place would only be making a local call. I think it was gonna cost about 4 bills for the phone, though. Might be cheaper now.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Sounds like Shully was right, then. I guess there really IS a first time for everything. Image

$20 for a throwaway at the airport. You can still use your palm for an address book.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Postby lover » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:38 pm

[quote author=Dustpuppy link=board=elp&num=1255470437&start=13#0 date=1257099766]Sounds like Shully was right, then. I guess there really IS a first time for everything. Image

I'm always right, it's a shame people don't realise that. And that's Doctor Shully for you Image.
lover

Postby Dianna » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:04 pm

You can get a cheap pay as you go phone in the UK for about £20.

But the best way to call the US is to forget mobile phones and buy an international phone card and use it on a pay phone. You can get a card for £5 and it will have 4 hours of talk time on it.
Dianna
Site Admin

Postby littlemissbad » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:02 pm

thats what i did when i went to the states last year.
xx
littlemissbad

Previous

Return to Need Help?