[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - I'm desperate!!

I'm desperate!!

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

I'm desperate!!

Postby thorn » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Okay, this is sort of a sad subject but I'm at the end of my rope and I need advice. I have great experience in dealing with depression...including going thru it for three years myself, a suicide attempt and helping others get thru it but I don't know what to say now. My boyfriend of four months is severely depressed and fights me tooth and nail anytime I try to inject a positive thought into his head. He tried to tell me I can't help him and I said that I once helped someone who attempted suicide several times daily. He lied to me and said that he does the same...yet he doesn't have a mark on him anywhere. I got thru to him for a little bit last night but then his depressed side realized it and shut me out. Can ANYONE whose good at giving advice HELP ME!! I love him and everything in me is screaming for me to help somehow.
thorn
Very Important Shannen Fan

I'm desperate!!

Postby thorn » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:41 am

Ah, and that's something that I've overlooked that I should have realized. I was the same way. lol. I thank you for your advice Chuckles.
thorn

I'm desperate!!

Postby thorn » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:05 am

Well, the advice worked and he seems at least a little happier with just my support already. Image
thorn

I'm desperate!!

Postby shannenzbitch » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:09 am

shannenzbitch

I'm desperate!!

Postby thorn » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:16 am

You know I've been known as a wise one myself but I can only take so much.lol. anywho, thank you both. Image
thorn

I'm desperate!!

Postby littlemissbad » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:28 pm

i have delt with depresstion in my family before now. and the best thing you can to hun, is to give him space.

keep close to him from a distance if that makes sence. and als there are lots of advice sites on the web that i hope you can use.

take care and be strong. xoox Image
littlemissbad

I'm desperate!!

Postby thorn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:51 am

yes, it does make sense...and thank you too for your thoughts and advice. Image
thorn

I'm desperate!!

Postby thorn » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:47 am

Well bad news. Image My bf's uncle died and he went over the edge after that. I found out a few minutes ago that he tried to kill himself for real this time. He's in the hospital on life support. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
thorn

Next

Return to Need Help?