Should I feel Guilty?

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Should I feel Guilty?

Postby redfire » Thu May 08, 2008 9:41 pm

I was talking to someone online, and I had difficulty saying goodbye. Because I kept talking, she was late for work and got hit by a car running to the bus. Her boyfriend calls me a murderer. Am I a murderer?
redfire
Very Important Shannen Fan

Should I feel Guilty?

Postby redfire » Thu May 08, 2008 10:01 pm

Still, is the law on my side or against it?
redfire

Should I feel Guilty?

Postby redfire » Thu May 08, 2008 10:14 pm

Her boyfriend just keeps calling me a murderer. I didn't tell her to run into the street, I said it was an accident but its to no avail.
redfire

Should I feel Guilty?

Postby redfire » Thu May 08, 2008 10:22 pm

I didn't know the boyfriend really. I knew the girl somewhat and we spoke, we weren't that close.
redfire

Should I feel Guilty?

Postby triquetra » Fri May 09, 2008 10:55 am

Seeing how I'm Dutch, I don't have ANY clue about what is in the American law.

But I will say this:
It was her own choice to stay and chat with you. She could also, if she really felt she needed to go, log off and explain it to you later. Instead, she kept chatting resulting in having to sprint to the bus in order to be on time. While doing so, she got hit by another vehicle. This then resulted in her death. Her own choices caused her death, not your actions.

It might sound a little harsh, and that is totally not what I'm trying to be here, but it is the truth. Or does any of you think I'm wrong? If so, please explain.
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
triquetra

Should I feel Guilty?

Postby thefifthsister » Fri May 09, 2008 11:30 am

I agree with Chucklemagne. There was nothing intentional about it and if you where talking and not in person then there is nothing you could have done to prevent it. It's unfortunate that things like this happen and when you lose someone you care about deeply it can cause you to act in irrational ways. Her boyfriend is upset and angry and to deal he is targeting something to focus his emotions on. The best thing is to try to stay out of his way. Your not at fault here, it's just unfortunate that you had been involved. If she'd be later for another reason there is no telling that the circumstances would have been any different.

It's just a shame that she lost her life.

Please take care

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

Should I feel Guilty?

Postby littlemissbad » Sat May 10, 2008 1:07 pm

i agree with the fifth sister.

look huni it was not your fault you was not the one driving the car and you was not the one who told her to run into the street.

and also you ddnt hlod a gun to her head and make her stay and chat with you, so no its not your fault babe .

if you need to chat give me a pm ok?
xoxoxo Image
littlemissbad

Next

Return to Need Help?