[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Depression/Social phobia etc..

Depression/Social phobia etc..

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Postby heinousgothica » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:14 pm

Its been a long time Since i posted on this site. And i figure i could use a bit of advice..

okay so long story short, for 2/3 years now i've been clinically depressed, i was only diagnosed last week by a psychiatrist i just started seeing.
she also diagnosed Social Phobia, obsessive compulsive tendencies, selective mutism and agoraphobia.
I also used to self harm, but i'm trying to quit again now as i have prom coming up...
basically i just want to know if there is anyone else here with the same sort of issues, or who knows anyone like that, because no one around here does and its hard to deal with..

ps if Shannen reads this, thankyou so much.
I cant remember what the episode was called but i think it was in the 2nd/3rd season of charmed, where the demon convinces people they're not worth anything/everythings their fault, and prue took the picture of the bridge and the sisters thought it was because she thought of suicide.
that episode helped me a lot when i was thinking about killing myself. thankyou so much.

xXx.
heinousgothica
Major Shannen fan

Postby sarah01 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:18 pm

sarah01
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby janne » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Dear Jude,

I want you to know you're not alone in this. I know what you're going through.

I've had the same kind of problems ever since the very beginning of high school (I'm in college right now).
I've been kinda shy all my life. But when I was in the first years of high school I got depressed and got so afraid of any social contact at all, I was shutting myself out from everybody, hardly talked and soon I was getting fear attacks and panic attacks, first only at night or when I was alone, but soon also right in the middle of the classroom. And I did the most stupid thing I could do in that situation. I didn't talk to anybody, I didn't have any friends anymore to talk to, and my parents had no idea of what was happening.
Than I finally went to a sort of school psychologist, who helped me out a lot, it took me a lot of time to trust her, she practically had to force the words out of me, but it helped me a lot.

The advice I can give you is talk, talk to someone you really trust.

I wish I could give you a simple solution, but I don't think there is any. I guess things like these need time and perseverance. Even though my issues are far from gone, I do feel it's getting better, I'm getting control over the fear attacks now and even though I still feel really awkward in conversations, at least, I'm having them again.

I think it's great and very important that you're trying to quit the self harm. I know how difficult it is, but don't give up! You can do it!

Please keep me updated on how you're doing.

Love,

Janne

Ps. Please ignore the grammatical mistakes I made in the message, I'm Dutch and my English isn't very good.

janne
Shannen Fanatic

Postby xcharmedx » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:35 pm

hey there.
i'm sorry about what is happening to you. I have been going through similar things myself. I have Bipolar Disorder, and it can be so horrible at times, and you always feel that there is no one to talk to.
Seriously though, there is always someone to talk to. If you go to your doctor or psychiatrist they should have information for helping you to get in contact with people who are going through something similar- well they do in the UK.
I'm not all that sure on agrophobia, but depression and social phobia i know very well.
When I was 11 I found my cousin hanging from a tree. and ever since my life hasn't been the same.
If you talk about things more openly then you won't feel so scared.
Have you got one special friend that you can trust? I found that when I was with my best friend, she gave me the confidence to go out. At first it would just be a walk around the block, no social interaction needed. eventually those walks would become longer, and within a couple of months, we were able to sit in the park and talk. After a little while of that, my confidence grew, and i was able to go to the pub with her, and just sit in the garden with her. eventually, another friend who I trusted would come and sit with us, and soon I was able to go into the pub.
Now I am able to go clubbing, and i'm not afraid to meet new people.
it has taken me a long time, i'm not going to deny it, and there have been some relapses, but now i'm able to enjoy my life with my disorder.
What scares me though is that your self harming. I have been there, and it is a horrible place to be. I used to do all kinds of tricks to keep a razor blade with me, nothing that i'm proud of either. I now also work in a hospital on a ward which is kind of like ER in as much as we look after very sick patients who need to stay in or have further tests doing. I'm guessing if you've got Prom soon that makes you 16-18? i'm not very good with the american education system. We get so many young people who come in who have tried to kill themselves, and although i know how they feel, i now also see a side that i never got to see before- the effect it has on loved ones.
I have cried with mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, friends because they don't know what to do.
i know this is gonna sound patronising but, if you feel so bad that you need to hurt yourself, please think of someone you know who cares forr you.
Please believe me when I say, this will get easier. You need faith and patience. if you ever feel so bad that you need to talk to someone, please write on here again. you don't have to be alone.
You have so many good things to come.
please don't hesitate to contact me if you need to. You are special and you will do great things in this world. don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
xcharmedx
New Shannen Fan

Postby thefifthsister » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:54 pm

People may not be understand what you are going through but they can always listen. Talk to people. This board is a place for you to talk and we all will take an interest in what you have to say.

Please take care, take things easy and let us all know how you are doing
thefifthsister

Postby littlemissbad » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:44 pm

i have a friend who is very depressed some times he wont go out for weeks at a time. but what helps him is talking. not taliking about anything in paticuler but just talking about stuff. so huni when your feeling down and low, just log in and talk, the people on this site are the best.

ps if you want to chat about anything my email address is on my profile, or just drop me a pm ok chics xoxoxo Image
littlemissbad

Postby msyana » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi Jude

You're not the only one. In 2000 i was diagnosed with Borderline, Never harmed myself though. Tons of talks with a psychiatrist (am still seeying her). I can live again thanks to the talks and thanks to my dially medication.

Best advice i can give you is too keep talking about it with your psychiatrist even when you start to get scared with what you are about to tell. It is hard to deal with.

/hugs and love

Yana
msyana

Postby heinousgothica » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:29 pm

thanks guys.

Update- i got put on medication two days ago, not supposed to work for a couple of weeks but i seem happier apparently..

thanks again.
heinousgothica
Major Shannen fan

Next

Return to Need Help?