strokes

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

strokes

Postby allison2200 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:42 pm

hi,

i thought i would share that my dad has had a stroke, and this year marks our 9th year of dealing with it. the stroke happened shortly after we had moved out of state to ohio. The stroke caused him not to be able to use any of his left side, and he now has very poor vision.
presently, he's staying at a wonderful senior center place that helps care for him, provides social activities that he can join in on, and it's hardly 20 minutes from our apartment place here in ohio so there's frequent family visits. it was just getting to be impossible for mom and i to work while also trying to care for him so we all had to make a decision. right now he uses a 'quade cane', to get around with, and his speech, thankfully, is pretty good. needless to say, it's been a rough, long road that we've been going down since all of this.
i'm sharing this because i thought that maybe it would be nice for others to start sharing, if they'd like, any illness that's happened to them so that others can gain inspiration through their emotions and insights.

allison2200 (allison2200@lycos.com)

allison2200
Very Important Shannen Fan

strokes

Postby msyana » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:19 am

Well thankfully enough i never had a stroke or have loved ones who suffered one. It's great to read though how you and your family coped with it.

/hugs and love

Yana
msyana
Very Important Shannen Fan

strokes

Postby alessandraminetti » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:39 pm

alessandraminetti
Shannen Fanatic

Return to Need Help?