Can anyone help?

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Can anyone help?

Postby mothergoose21 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:31 am

SarahConnor wrote:A classic form of child abuse. Does he hit your mother? If he hits you and your sister, chances are he hits her, too, when you are not around. This would be domestic abuse, but it seems your mum isn't all that interested in doing anything.

No offence, but your parents are screwed. It's sick how a mother could stand by and watch her kids get beaten by their fathers, but does nothing to prevent it.

You need, like Haylie said, to go to the cops. Hitting kids is illegal and your dad has commited a crime. He is also dangerous for breaking things, and smoking in the house isn't helping anyone.

The police can help you, even if you have to miss school, getting out of your present situation, getting away from the abuse and violence is far more important.

And don't listen to your dad when he says you are stupid for not getting good grades-he's a moron. I am sure you are doing the best you can in school, and if you get a D for something, that's good, because at least you have the satisfation of knowing you did your best.

I wish you luck. Image

I totally agree. Your safety is more important that your schooling at this point. Not just for your sake but for your sisters. You talked about getting out once you finish school, but what about her? she'll still cop it.

You really need to do something. Go to the police. They can help you. Do you have an aunt or something on your mums side that you can stay with, or a grandparent or something? Because the police can contact family services or whatever it is in your country, and they can relocate you, and put a restraining order against your father, so he won't be able to hurt you or your sister
mothergoose21
Shannen Fanatic

Can anyone help?

Postby ppp » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:53 pm

the problem is that your mother dont want to go, but if she does maybe getting a job would help, and have money so you can life without him.
ppp
Very Important Shannen Fan

Can anyone help?

Postby bewitchedprue » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:44 pm

SarahConnor wrote:A classic form of child abuse. Does he hit your mother? If he hits you and your sister, chances are he hits her, too, when you are not around. This would be domestic abuse, but it seems your mum isn't all that interested in doing anything.

No offence, but your parents are screwed. It's sick how a mother could stand by and watch her kids get beaten by their fathers, but does nothing to prevent it.

You need, like Haylie said, to go to the cops. Hitting kids is illegal and your dad has commited a crime. He is also dangerous for breaking things, and smoking in the house isn't helping anyone.

The police can help you, even if you have to miss school, getting out of your present situation, getting away from the abuse and violence is far more important.

And don't listen to your dad when he says you are stupid for not getting good grades-he's a moron. I am sure you are doing the best you can in school, and if you get a D for something, that's good, because at least you have the satisfation of knowing you did your best.

I wish you luck. Image

It's not necessarily sick that a mother will watch that, but maybe she just pretends it isn't happening, or that what he does isn't really that bad.
And if your father brings in the money, then that makes sense as to why she won't leave him. The prospect of leaving him and starting out on her own, getting a job, buying another house/apartment is too much for her, and she can't face it.
I know, because my dad hits me but my mom never says anything about it. She acts like it doesn't happen, even if she's right there. My dad is always putting me down too. He wanted me to be a doctor, and for years I used to automatically say to people that that's what I wanted to do. All hell broke loose when I told him that actually, I didn't want to do that.
I guess I can't really tell you what to do, but four years is a lot more than it sounds, and if you've spoken to your mother, and she won't do anything, then you should tell a teacher, or a friend's parents, or call childline. Their number doesn't come up on the bill. Also, your little sister will have another seven years at home, and when you're gone, it'll just be her and your mom.
I know this isn't very optimistic, but your mom will probably never leave him. I know mine won't.
bewitchedprue
New Shannen Fan

Can anyone help?

Postby chienna » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:44 am

KarlaCharmdPrue wrote:My mom dosnt care...i've lived with it since i was born i guess another 4 years wont matter. I cant stop him and even if i try he'll just get worse. Like Shannen said in one of her posts life isnt always good i just have to see the beauty of it. So i'll just focus on school and try and leave this house asap!

You're right about this one, but that doesn't mean the you can't do something about this, like Ky, Haylie and the others said, it's not normal that you're dad is doing this. And we're maybe not as close as you're friends, but you can tell us everything here! Image

Teke Care and Much Love Charlotte
chienna
Very Important Shannen Fan

Can anyone help?

Postby alessandraminetti » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:31 pm

=S! I'm So Sorry =!
alessandraminetti
Shannen Fanatic

Previous

Return to Need Help?