my parents lied to me

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

my parents lied to me

Postby irishshire1 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:27 pm

we have four dogs, Ross Jenna Isabella and Rose. we bought Jenna when i was about 6, when she got old enough my parents decided to breed her, from her first litter we kept Ross, and then we kept Isabella from her second. then she had two more litteres of puppys, i never liked it when they had puppys, Isabella just had her second litter. around christmas time we bought Rose because my parents wanted a dog that wasnt in our line to breed, i talked to them about a month ago about how i felt about all the breeding, its not a puppy mill but i still dont like it. i thought they were going to stop but i woke up this morning and overheard them talking about Rose. apparently she has a bite problem and one of her teeth is sticking into her gums, my parents want to show her and if her bite isnt fixed then they cant. i overheard them say that they would just get rid of her and get a new dog, just because of a tooth. i love Rose and there isnt another dog like her in this world, she knows when i want to be alone and she knows when i want to cuddle with her and watch tv. but my parents are just willing to give her away because of a damn tooth. they are also apparently going to continue breeding, they have told me that they only do it because the breed is almost extinct, theyre called Portuguese Water Dogs and they WERE almost extinct, not anymore, there are over 300 in New England(US) alone. i just cant beleive what my parents are doing, and its not like they need the money because my dad works in town and my mom has a great paying job at a hospital, i just cant beleive this

sorry to unload this on you guys i just had to tell someone, ive had a hard few weeks
irishshire1
Very Important Shannen Fan

my parents lied to me

Postby shandofan1 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:32 pm

I'm really sorry about that, but maybe you should try talking to them again...and tell them how you feel about your dog rose...if Roses bite isnt fixed then maybe see if you could get another dog in addition to Rose. I hope they listen to you
shandofan1
Major Shannen fan

my parents lied to me

Postby irishshire1 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:21 pm

thanks, we did talk and everything is good now, Roses bite is easier to fix than i thought. the only problem is that now i have a feeling that my parents still want to breed dogs but we're gunna talk about that some other time
irishshire1

my parents lied to me

Postby shandofan1 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:38 pm

good im glad everything worked outImage
shandofan1
Major Shannen fan

my parents lied to me

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:09 pm

glad to hear that kat. Image
Sarah-Lucy

my parents lied to me

Postby irishshire1 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:21 pm

yeah Image it still annoys me that my parents are probly gunna continue breeding cuz it ruins vacations and the phone doesnt stop ringing so well probly talk tomorrow at breakfast Image
irishshire1

Return to Need Help?