[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Alcoholism (i need your help, please read this)

Alcoholism (i need your help, please read this)

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Postby shannenholly90210 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:19 pm

aww thanks guys!
shannenholly90210
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby thorn » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:37 pm

Yep, you deserve it!! Image
thorn

Postby blackrose » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:23 am

blackrose

Postby lookintoforever » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:09 am

I am very sorry, I think from reading your posts...that deep down your mum loves you but doesn't know how to show it, {which is probably why she keeps bugging you} the fact that you have been able to deal with this for so long is truly amazing. I will pray for you. Remember we are all here for you. If ya want you could pm me or messege me I'm here Image
lookintoforever

Postby annelies » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:09 pm

My godfather drinks too and i hate him for that too. Sometimes i think he could better die, but I still love him. I think you love your mum, but you hate her weakness for alcohol. Still it's very diffrent than my situation.
annelies

Postby shannenholly90210 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:46 pm

yea sometimes it just....it pisses me off. Like today she called at 2pm, and she was already drunk, its like jesus christ, its 2 o'clcok!
shannenholly90210

Postby thorn » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:34 am

^ well remember, alcoholism is a problem, just like depression, or drug abuse. You need to be patient with her and ease her into getting help. Someone with alcoholism can't be dealt with using force and anger, it's dangerous.
thorn

Postby chienna » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:41 am

Omg, that is a big story. I'm not such a persone who gives great advices, but i think i know a littlebit how you feel.
I can't say a lot of things you can do, because you've tryed it all already. First i'm glad that you have Shannen and you're dog's to help you forget you're problems. Second (and i know you've tld it her) but i think you're mom doesn't know how she is not only ruingin her life badly, but you'res to...I mean, why does she wants children, if she can't care of them on a normal way!

I'll hope you're doing well and we on this board support you for more than 10000.....000000 % (even shannen!)and you know that!
We're always there for you (behind the computer)!

Much love and Take Care

Charlotte Image
chienna

Postby Jayne16 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:20 am

hi,
wow, its hard to know wat to say having not expericened anything like wat ur going through. all i can say is that you have gotta keep hanging in there and be strong.

i dont think it is wrong for hating ur mom i mean, shes put u through such a lot and from such a young age. do u think its too late to forgive her? only u can make that decision.

if u ever need to talk, im a gd listener (or reader!)

laura xx
Jayne16

Postby bewitchedprue » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:51 pm

It is definately not wrong to hate your mom for this. After all, you can hate someone and love them at the same time. I used to think I wouldn't even be upset if my dad died, and I know its such a terrible thing to say, but then he had an accident one day, and afterwards I had a nightmare about him actually dying. Then I realized that if he had died in the accident, I would have been really upset, but I still feel really angry at him even now. I have a friend who's tried to kill herself many times too, and it makes me so angry that she would just leave me like that and that she never even thinks of me when she does it, but I can't tell her that because I don't know how to explain it to her. How are you suppsoe to tell a suicidal person that what they're doing makes you hate them?
If you've told her and she doesn't want to change, then maybe it's best to try and distance yourself from her, because unless she accepts she's got a real problem, you can't really help her.
xoxox
bewitchedprue
New Shannen Fan

Previous

Return to Need Help?