Stats help! Urgent!

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Stats help! Urgent!

Postby kris » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:51 pm

I have a week now until my statistics exam. It's my first AS and I'm so nervous you wouldn't believe it. I knew I struggled with Stats but I had no idea I was as bad as I actually am. The papers I sent off to be marked during the holidays came back today with the results U, U, U, and a D. I've always been good at maths and I don't understand why suddenly I'm failing in all three aspects of the course we've covered so far. I'm seriously doubting whether I should be enterred for the exam at all especially because it's not like I'm not doing the work. I've put in hours trying to work through past paper questions and everytime I think I'm getting better I'm actually getting worse! In particular Probability Distributions seem to be the reason that I loose so many of the marks.

I don't want to bother you all asking for help but I didn't know where else to try. If anybody knows of any websites or revision guides, anything at all that might be useful can they please let me know. Even if somebody would be willing to sit and explain the differences between Normal, Binomial and Geometric distributions in their own way it might be good hearing it from another prospective.

Thanks, Kris Xx.
"People who claim they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us. It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. " — Gregory Maguire.
kris
Very Important Shannen Fan

Stats help! Urgent!

Postby thorn » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:48 am

Do you have any problems you could PM me so I could show you how to do them, because I've done alot of that stuff.
thorn

Stats help! Urgent!

Postby kris » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:09 am

Thank you so much, you're a star! honest. I'll Pm you now if that's alright. Thanks again. Xx.
"People who claim they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us. It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. " — Gregory Maguire.
kris

Stats help! Urgent!

Postby thorn » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:54 pm

No problem Kris. Image
thorn

Return to Need Help?