If Shannen Doherty heads your way, you've been dum

Talk about Shannen's new TV reality series, Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty.

Postby makridai » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:16 pm

I think it is the newest information i have had foundImage i think it is interestingImage SuperCharmed

A friend of mine once broke up with a guy via text message. I was right there next to her, coaching her on what to say. It was St. Patrick's Day, and we were sitting in a booth at Queen City Grill with some dudes wearing kilts. There was drinking, and some passing around of the cell phone, and while it may be tacky to end a relationship that way, the entertainment value was high. The only way this story would be funnier is if Shannen Doherty were somehow involved.

Which brings me to "Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty," Oxygen's new show with surely at least as much potential as E!'s boozy "Taradise," based on the infamy of its titular star alone. Of course, all that was required of Tara Reid on her short-lived series was that she get drunk and act like a floozy in a bunch of different countries (and isn't that what she does best?). Doherty, on the other hand, fancies herself a Dr. Phil-type who inserts herself into other people's business and then ambushes them in the manner of Ashton Kutcher. Yeah, that's right, you just got Punk'd by Shannen Doherty. Ouch. In the premiere episode, a woman breaks up with her boyfriend after dinner via a video message delivered on a silver platter - his "just desserts," if you will - by Ms. Doherty. (See, now the Queen City Grill incident isn't sounding quite so bad, is it?) The man is enough of a cad to promptly begin hitting on an obviously repulsed Doherty, telling her: "You're a lot hotter in person than you are on TV." Sweet. (10 p.m. Tuesdays, all times ET)

Meantime, the new CW network has announced the 13 contestants for the seventh cycle of "America's Next Top Model," and as far as I can tell, none of them are token fat or token Asian. However, two of them are identical twins - sadly, not the bickering blond ones from MTV's "8th & Ocean." Tyra and her girls - and by "girls," you know I mean Mr. and Miss Jay - officially launch The CW network Sept. 20 with a two-hour premiere of "America's Next Top Model."
makridai
Shannen Fanatic

Postby ali12 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:24 am

Yesturday I saw "Breaking up with Shannen Doherty". And let me tell you, it was sooooooooo Image
Shannen knew exactly what to do and say. Every relationship ended perfectly thanks to Shannen.I Image the one where the guy proposed, it was so sweet!!!!
Shannen: Please keep up the great work!Image don't ever change.I loved how you handled everything! Image for everything you've done!
Image you always, Ali Image
ali12
Major Shannen fan

Postby pat15 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:33 pm

I can watch no Breaking up with shannen doherty. In germany this is not shown. I envy to you this to her can look..
pat15
New Shannen Fan

Postby sarahconnor » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:10 am

I don't get why they'd break up a couple by video message-why not tell the guy face to face? Video messages sound a bit callous to me... Image
sarahconnor
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby ppp » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:24 pm

thanks
ppp
Very Important Shannen Fan

Return to Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty