[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - OMG u guys i just saw the premere

OMG u guys i just saw the premere

Talk about Shannen's new TV reality series, Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty.

Postby karma » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:44 am

it was hilarious i just wished it was longer. i love the guy that just randomly hit on her. who really asks a woman if she is ovulating Image fu..real did he seriously know he was going to be on tv Image

Postby ching343 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:35 am

yea it was hilarious and tht guy who was hitting on shannen was rude....u know. hitting on shannen when she was telling him tht his girlfriend dumped him......
ching343

Postby sweissman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:40 am

I thought the preview for the show was absolutely hilarious, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard and so often at a 30 minute show. Image The first guy was a complete jerk, first hitting on the translater and then Shannen herself - he definitely needed to go and I loved when they showed Shannen backstage giving him this evil look while saying "I so can't wait to break up you", her look just made me laugh and I couldn't wait to see how she was going to do it. And the guy couldn't take a hint it seemed, it definitely gave humor to the show and the song "Good-bye to you" playing at the end was a really nice and fun touch I think. I also loved the music for the promos - that little techno kind of sound, it definitely makes it new, fun, and fresh I think.

The situation with Lydia though was the more sad side of things and you felt a little bad for her that she'd brought it on herself and now it'd come to something like that. I did LOVE what Shannen said about being jealous though, that being jealous in a relationship had nothing to do with caring - and it's true I think, if you're jealous you're just jealous because you think someone is going to take what you have - it's as simple as that. I do have to say that I thought some of the crying she was doing at first was to make people feel bad, but when she actually saw him that's when she started to realize for sure that it was probably over and he wasn't going to take her back; Shannen did a great job breaking things easily to her and then helping give her something she could relate to by telling her how she'd been in the same position before and that things would get better because what she (Lydia) learned from this relationship she could apply to the next.

And all the stories turned out with happy endings so to speak, sure Jeremy and Lydia aren't speaking, but he said her roommate said she was doing well and moving on alright and that's what matters most. I can't wait for the big official premiere Aug. 22, it should be another good one - this show was definitely fun and good in it's first showing I think. High marks and good job all around.

Also, we get to finally see what Shannen's production company sign looks like so that was pretty cool as well, No Apologies - have to like the name choice for her. And one final thing, the intro Shannen did about how "4 out of 5 relationship experts agree that if you're going to break up with someone you should do it on national television in front of millions of people.......okay, I made that up." was cute and clever and I hope she does something like that each and every time - a sort of set up for what we might be seeing in the episode ahead.

Good job to Shannen, Kevin Healey, Scott Hallock, and all those at the Oxygen Channel, the show was definitely a plus in my book based on this first episode.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by anonymous on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

Postby annelies » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:56 pm

Waw!! It really sounds good. I hope this is going to be a great succes so they'll air it in Belgium too. Can't wait to laugh too. Image
annelies
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby ching343 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:04 am

ching343

Postby Dianna » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:24 pm

Sounds great, thanks for the details! Image
Dianna
Site Admin

Postby shannenchicafan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:25 pm

shannenchicafan
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:23 am

I wish I have the channel, but I don't.

Glad you guys could see it.

Love and Hugs,

Kristin
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty