[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - wow.

wow.

Talk about Shannen's role as Kate and any of the other characters!

wow.

Postby frankiebaby » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:37 pm

am i the only one that found this movie just a tad bit confusing?

i have it on tape, saw it twice, the second time i saw it with a friend, and she didn't undertand it either.

it's a great movie, don't get me wrong.. its just so goddamn confusing!
frankiebaby
Shannen Wanna Be

wow.

Postby mike » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:39 pm

yea many other think its also confusing Image

it was not an easy movie to watch
mike
Very Important Shannen Fan

wow.

Postby 1of16000000 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:29 pm

Confusing, but very good.
Last edited by anonymous on Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1of16000000

wow.

Postby sarahconnor » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:29 am

Haven't seen it, but I could follow 'Momento' easy, no one else could, so this movie will be easy.
sarahconnor

wow.

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:22 pm

yeah i had to see this twice to really understand it. the film kept jumping back from the past to present and it was easy to get confused but i still enjoyed it. Image
Sarah-Lucy

wow.

Postby alwaysastar » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:47 pm

i think im the only one that got it. great movie, although i can see how some people could find it confusing, maybe it was supposed to be like that because Kate is confused because she doesnt know which reality shes in.
alwaysastar

wow.

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:31 pm

^ it was a good film it was just the fact that it kept jumping from past to present LOL. Image
Sarah-Lucy

wow.

Postby oldnavy21 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:40 am

I didn't think that it was that confusing; I followed it and it all fit together in the end. Image I thought it took a simple idea and made a very special movie out of it: it took the premise of the past and future, and showed how they both effect each other, and in the end Kate found a perfect meeting point between the two. It made her a much better person, knowing the truth and how her life could've turned out.
Also, I thought that it proved how the character's developed from what happened in their past/future. Like, after Kate said something to them "in the future", when she was back "in the past" they acted better because of her words. Like, when she told Julian that he was just a house painter; well, when she went back to the past, he suddenly wanted to try out different things and expand. Not only did this median - the present- affect Kate but the rest too.

When I first heard what the film was about, it sounded very familar and a tired idea, but it is so much more than descriptions say. I loved it < 3
Last edited by oldnavy21 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldnavy21
New Shannen Fan

wow.

Postby sweissman » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:14 am

Honestly, Kayley, I can understand where you're coming from - it can be a bit confusing at parts, but over all I think it's a pretty easy concept to follow: woman wants to discover what happened to the man she loved while she was away, she gets washed away years later (personally I think the river was always meant to sort of be like Kate's memory, how it was all mixed up and unclear, but thanks to her being caught up in it again it helps to unlock what really happened that day for her) to see what really went on the three days she was gone. It is confusing in a few spots as I said, like my explaination I'm sure, but the basic overall story is that Kate loses the man she loves - she so badly wants to find out what happened that the "fates" as it were send her back - she gets to see what happened and she also gets to be with David more who in the end....

Highlight to read (for those who haven't seen it) - she gets with. *Sorry if this doesn't work as well as I think it well, don't know the code for the spoiler effect.*

It's her getting to have her last good-bye to the past so she can move on to the future because without doing so she never would have and then she never would have gotten the ending she did in the movie. Lol, I'm starting to think it might be a little confusing to understand explain as well, or at least I'm doing a poor job on it so the best thing I can tell you is to watch it again - post the questions you have and then I can definitely help you from there. Or you could always ask *~Always_A_Star~* because it seems like she understands it as well, but might be a better translator for it. Image Hope this helps if it can.

Great movie all the same, definitely recommend it for people who like the whole sci-fi feel to it, sci-fi feel being that it has the whole time travel thing going for it.
sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

wow.

Postby sarah01 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:16 pm

sarah01

Next

Return to Another Day