Dianna, a new star in a magazine!

A place for questions, comments, and suggestions about the site.

Postby shannen46 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Dianna, the webmaster, owner and one of the admins of this site is the star in an online magazine.
She talks about her work in a long interview. 'Our' Dianna is the main charcacter this month in the magazine 'La Brecha', a spanish magazine.

You can read the article and see the pics here:
http://www.labrechadigital.es/textos/diana.html

Well, I know, everybody doesn't know spanish, so I translated for you:

Dianna newman, the webmaster of the stars

María L. Núñez
We interview to Dianna Newman, a British Webmaster who owns several successful websites and who is dedicated completely to come true her dreams. Read it!

Her profession is Webmaster, she's known for a lot of people as the star of the webs, we interview in exclusive to Dianna Newman, a British Webmaster with a great path in the world web despite their youth.

Dianna is an owner and creator of three places of success: Www.shannen-doherty.net , www.hollymcombs.com, and www.lindsay-lohan.tv.

All its webs have a seal very personnel based on three attitudes: the passion by doing something that she likes, the dedication of bringing up to date constantly and to improve her webs, and the unconditional support that lend to her idols.

Do not lost the interview of a young woman with aspirations of future, that will be a key piece in the creation of webs world.

Who is Dianna Newman? Please, explain to our audience.
Well, my name is Dianna, I am 21 and I live in the United Kingdom. I am currently at university studying for a HND in Multimedia. I enjoy making websites and updating my current ones. If I am not online I am usually with my friends or shopping.

Why did you decide to become a webmaster?
It all happened when I was 15. I was fascinated with the TV show, Charmed so I started to go to the local library to look at websites. I had never used the Internet before then. I was soon hooked and got a PC at home. That is when I got to know some webmasters and they convinced me to make a website. I was always curious about how they were made.

How did Dianna Newman begin in the websites’ world?
I started off with a free host that contained a lot of adverts. I got a fair amount of visitors and I was very keen to go professional. My website wasn’t great but it had really good content. I always thought domains and hosting was expensive until one of my friends sold me a domain and I was very surprised that the price wasn’t as much as I expected it to be! I re-launched my Holly Marie Combs website with a new layout, more organized and more content and it became a huge success.

When did you know that you are good at this job?
When I started to make proper websites that had paid hosting and domains I was took more seriously. There was a gap for a good website about one of the Charmed stars, Holly Marie Combs. The websites that were around at the time didn’t have a lot of content. I decided that I was going to make the biggest and best website with up to date news. I promoted the website on message boards and exchanged links with other webmasters. Then a few months later my website was on popular search engines and had a high rank. I got a lot of positive feedback and lots of e-mails. I knew I was onto a good thing from the reaction from the visitors, the feedback from message boards and the comments in the guestbook! My website stood out from all the others. I then made a website about another Charmed actress, Shannen Doherty. I am also a big fan of hers. The site was an instant success! I believe this is because I didn’t post news and gossip like all the other websites were. It was a clean, honest website with lots of content. Once again, there was a gap in the market. I got a lot of enjoyment from this and realized I wanted to do this as a career because I loved it so much!

Did you count on any help?
In the beginning, I had to ask one of my webmaster friends a lot of basics. I also learned a lot from online tutorials too. If I wanted to learn how somehow had made their page, I’d check their source code.

How have you developed the site?
I am always adding new content such as news and photos. The message boards are constantly growing. The site keeps growing!

How much time a week do you spend updating your websites?
I go online everyday and if there is anything new I’ll add it. Sometimes there won’t be anything new to add for a while then all of a sudden there is new content for all of them and that keeps me very busy!

What are the keys of your success?
I believe it’s because the websites are all clean, gossip free and up to date. I am very dedicated to my websites and I think that shows.

You own three websites, why did you choose these celebrities?
I am a fan of all of these people. I admire them.

Do you have a fave website of yours?
Yes, I think it has to be Shannen-Doherty.net for many reasons. Firstly, because of the great friends I’ve made on there, Shannen posting and for the huge success the site has been. I really enjoy this website.

You got fame, when Shannen Doherty herself mentioned you in the ‘Jimmy Kimmel Show’, was it good for you and the site?
I had spoken to Shannen before and she was posting at the website but a lot of people didn’t believe me and I got a lot of hate for it. I had a terrible time online and hated reading all the negative things people were saying about me. People got so jealous that they told my host I was lying and they were going to close the site! I told Shannen what was going on and she said that she’d help me. She said that she’d mention the website on the chat show she was going on that night and she told me to tell the host and anyone that was hurting me. After that, people stopped being nasty and the bad stuff was deleted.
When she mentioned the website it made the message boards have new members every five seconds, it was really exciting. I got many emails and it was a great time for me. It has also brought me more respect; I am taken as a serious webmaster.

How did you feel when Shannen contacted with you?
At first when she emailed me I thought it was just an impostor because it’s not the first time this had happened! So we exchanged a few emails and then I asked her to call me because it’s the only way I could know for sure. Part of me believed it, but then I thought there was no way something like that would happen! So I went to bed that night and she phoned me, I was stunned, she sounded exactly like her character in Charmed, Prue. At that time, I was looking at a Charmed poster! I knew for sure it was her and I was in a lot of shock and didn’t say much. We spoke for while and she was very nice and sweet. We still stay in touch and are great friends.

Have you ever noticed that Lindsay Lohan or Holly Marie Combs know your sites about them?
Both of them are aware of the websites. Holly saw it in 2003 and Lindsay saw hers in 2005. They thanked me for the websites.

How will your challenges be in the future?
For now I am concentrating on my studies which involve website design and related things. On the course I am learning new skills that I will be able to use on my current websites and any future websites.

Are you planning to make a new website?
I don’t have any plans for now, but I recently made two websites for some local companies. I want to do websites in my career so I’m trying to build a big portfolio and I am trying to get some business making professional websites for some companies.

What is your advice for webmasters? How can they make a great and successful website as yours?
Be different and unique. Try and think of something that isn’t already there. Then be sure to promote it well, exchange links with other webmasters and submit it to popular search engines.

If you want to add something, feel free to do it!
I would like to say thank you to everyone that has supported me over the years, the visitors and to Shannen for everything she has done for me.
Thank you for taking the time to interview me, it is an honour!

It's a pleasure, Dianna, that has been able to know more concepts and characteristics of the development of a web thanks to Dianna Newman.

I assure them that there is few people that be as generous as this British youth; she made her sites of way disinterested, without asking recognition, without putting rumors…and the success returned him the hard work contributed.

Since The Gap we desire that Dianna continue its road of triumphs, and manage to be one of the better webmasters of the world. Good luck!

What do you think?

Dianna's a star!!

PS: I forgot, I'm the author of this article.
I'm proud of being the interviewer and friend of Dianna, because she's one of the best women I have known in my life. God bless you!
Last edited by shannen46 on Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<What you resist, persists>>
Shannen, thanks for being so authentic!
shannen46
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby Mercedes-Doherty » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:48 pm

is very nice!! i like the article Imagecongrats Dianna Image Image
MerceAndShannen Dianna, may can you reply to my recently PM that i sent?thanks!
Mercedes-Doherty
*ShAnNeN's GiRl*

Postby anajet » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:52 pm

Great article.
Congrats to the both of you.
/Anna
anajet

Postby honda200 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:15 am

Wow that great ladys ..And a big thanks as well ..as we over the pound would never have seen it in sure .
And big congrats to Diana ..awesome ,,now thats gotta be feather in your cap for sure.Image As always respectfully Jean(honda200)
honda200

Postby sweissman » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:01 am

Way to go, Dianna! Image Image You're internationally famous now. Image Cool interview, here's hoping you get many more.
sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

Postby tolikshann » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:43 am

Diana you so nice.love you and you rocks!
tolikshann
New Shannen Fan

Postby sweetpea » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:56 pm

That awesome Dianna... really happy for you and your websites are awesome... Shannen's site if my fav of course.. Will Shannen ever make this her official website someday?

Have you talked to shannen recently? How is she doing?

Take Care Dianna

lvSara
sweetpea
Major Shannen fan

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:14 pm

wow thanks for sharing that was great to read. dianna has accomplished so much with her websites she deserves recognition like that. congrats Image
Sarah-Lucy

Postby d9n1el » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:34 am

wow! congrats dianna!!!! ur websites are awesome but of course u know it!!!
d9n1el
Major Shannen fan

Postby sarahconnor » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:34 am

Haha, our Dianna's a celebrity! Image
sarahconnor

Next

Return to Feedback