why didn't people like it...???

Talk about Shannen's role as Rene Mosier and any of the other characters!

Postby d9n1el » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:58 am

i mean i think the film is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was you know a movie to watch and have fun!!!!!! people see it as the worst movie of the year but that is so not true!!!!! i liked it, didn't youImageImage?
d9n1el
Major Shannen fan

Postby sarahconnor » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:05 am

The people who didn't like it have no sense of humour.
sarahconnor
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby kris » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:45 am

Yer! Kylie isright, It was well funny and Shanne was init!!! wHat more could you watImage! lol ri mean yer she's had more deep roles but it ws a goold film on the whole!!
"People who claim they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us. It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. " — Gregory Maguire.
kris

Postby sarahconnor » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:28 am

It got bad reviews here because all the oldies review the movies. Image
sarahconnor

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sun May 07, 2006 8:02 pm

the film was rated an "18" certificate here in the UK but the people who dont like it basically dont have a sense of humour. it was because of the swearing it got an 18 i think which surpurised me.
Sarah-Lucy

Postby sweissman » Mon May 08, 2006 3:41 am

I think, like most people have said, it was the humor most people didn't get - personally I thought the movie was great and hilarious, but most people didn't understand Kevin Smith's brand of humor so they thought it was too juvenile and silly. Also, he does a lot of references to comic books in here and those who don't read them or know something about them won't get what was being said between characters at times so that could be another reason; also, like Kevin himself said, they had a high rating which meant their target audience couldn't even see the film back in the day so that hurt them as well and that's why it's more of a cult film now - because those who it was meant for in the beginning can finally see it now without having to take a parent and so forth. Which I don't think a lot of adults would have seen in the beginning because they didn't get the humor, but also there was a lot of bad language going on so they probably frowned on that.....I think a lot of people just took it too seriously and built it up to be the second coming so when it wasn't what they expected they just trashed it.

Glad to see it's become such a cult hit now and more poeple finally have the chance to see it because it's a pretty funny little movie and I thought it really good myself, but I think it just had to do with timing and things like said above that doomed it at the box office; I'm just glad to see it doing pretty well after so long, it's definitely worth checking out if you get the Kevin Smith style of things.
sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

Postby sarahconnor » Sat May 27, 2006 11:32 am

How much did it make at the box office?
sarahconnor

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:24 pm

i hope you enjoyed the film josefine, HMV is good for selling all shay's dvd's in the UK. i really didnt think this film needed to be an "18" certificate as it was a humerous film. shay's film "the rendering" got an 15 certificate here and i thought that film had more disturbing scenes than mallrats. Image
Sarah-Lucy

Postby sarahconnor » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:51 am

I don't know why it has an 18+ rating, that was just crap
sarahconnor

Next

Return to Mallrats