[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - 90210-S2: Anybody watch?

90210-S2: Anybody watch?

Talk here about the second version of 90210

Postby dearprudence » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:29 am

Did anybody watch 90210 season 2 premiere? I watched it and found it to be rather good. It had a completely different feel to it. They even changed the opening credits.

It was much better than 'Melrose Place".
dearprudence
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby 9021 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:15 am

so I over flight it now ... an yes looks diffrent ...but the opening is more bad than it was

unfortunately .... so shannen had to be in the 2nd season and not in the first one
Major Shannen fan

Postby triquetra » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:13 pm

I just found out that the episode aired last night, so now I'm gonna watch it as well. I will give you my opinions tomorrow.

I hope it's good, because I'm very curious Image
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
triquetra

Postby triquetra » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Well, like I promised, I will now give you all my opinion about "To New Beginnings". And yes, I'll do so, even if you don't want me to.

The episode immediately felt different from the whole of Season 1. The credits, the font used and the hairdo's of (almost) everyone was different. In a good way, I might add.

Story-wise, a few things happened that I did not like. For instance, the introduction of Teddy Montgomery. I think he's supposed to be the next Steve Sanders, because of his famous father. Now Steve I like. But as of yet, Teddy better leave. He's an arse. Why did he tell Dixon that Silver was texting with Ethan?

Adrianna Tate-Duncan and Navid Shirazi are having a bad case of friction; just like Donna Martin and David Silver had in the original. Adrianna does not want to have sexual intercourse, and rather waits, yet Navid would rather have sexual intercourse, because he feels he has waited enough. Combined with the fact that Teddy already has a history with Navid's girl, I think that the two males will not become best friends just yet.

The story of Silver and Dixon Wilson is also a little bit too dramatic, if you ask me. Dixon does not want Silver to text Ethan, yet he is blind to the fact that she still has to close the 'Ethan'-chapter of her life in order to focus herself completely on him. Still, as Silver said herself, she is definitely getting him back!

Annie is the girl I feel for the most after watching this episode. She has so much bad things happen to her lately. She is just trying to pick her life up again, and then Dixon tells her that he also thinks she slept with Liam, while in fact Annie was just trying to tell her brother what she did the night of the prom. Her reaction was very understandable. On top of that, she met this Mark-dude. Judging by the 'hi' she said to him the morning after they had sex, I think that Annie sincerely hopes that she and Mark have a future together. Sad, because judging his reaction, I think he only had sex with Annie because he wanted to; not because he actually likes her.

Naomi is surely evil right now. Still thinking Annie slept with her man, she tries so hard to make her life miserable. On top of that, she will publish that photo of a naked Annie in the next episode, I'm sure. Too bad she can't just talk with Annie to find out the truth.

And lastly, there is Liam, who somehow returned to West Beverly Hills High. I believe he does still have feeling for Naomi, and wants to be with her. Yes, I also hope that he will clear up the misunderstandings and say that he did not have sex with Annie, but with Naomi's sister, Jen.

I believe that this season is going to be an interesting, but also sad season. We'll just have to see how thing will turn out to be. Although, I do still have one question: When the hell did the Wilson family move?!
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
triquetra

Postby shannenfallenangel » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:27 am

Good analysis!

Yeah, I'm really quite confused about the moving house also! So weird and they didn't explain it :S

I found myself feeling sorry for Annie in this episode, but then I remembered, 'You drove drunk. You killed someone.' Then, I didn't feel sorry for her AT ALL. She should be in prison. Stupid girl.

I love all the drama that's going on, and I really love how eeeeeevil Naomi is! Silver and Dixon, good drama there too. I hope they make it together. I can see them being very Brenda and Dylan-ish.

I really like Navid and Aide together so I hope they work it out also. They're such a cute couple.

One more thing: is it just me or did everyone look more attractive this episode? I like Silver's hair and Aide's too. Naomi looks the same, but her, Silver and Aide are all gorgeous. Dixon, too... he looks different. Does he have more hair now or something?

I'm missing Brenda and, oddly, Kelly. I like having them in the background. Also, I hope Mr Matthews is returning. Does anybody know if he is?

shannenfallenangel

Postby jhem » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:24 am

season 1 is still airing here in the Philippines.,, season 2 maybe next month.. Image

i think i'll watch season 2 only bcoz of Adriana Image!
jhem

Postby triquetra » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:28 pm

triquetra

Postby digitalghost » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:38 am

adrianna's hot
Last edited by anonymous on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digitalghost

Postby dearprudence » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:06 pm

They made considerable changes to the show. I love the new Wilson home. It felt real. I didn't know they had homes like that in Beverly Hills. (go figure)

Dixon is a jerk for dumping all over his sister, Annie. I can't believe he wouldn't even listen to her when she was trying to confide in him.

I felt terrible for Annie. I can't believe she slept with some random high school nobody. After all that wait in season one...she's seduces the one person who really takes advantage of her. Poor girl.

I thought it was brilliant teaming up Naomi, Ade, and Silver. The three resident mean girls club this season. Way cool.

I have to agree with another poster in this thread. Teddy was awful...and too old to be a high schooler. He should've been a love interest for Kelly, not Ade, Naomi, or Silver. You could see his 30 year old wrinkles on his face. Not cool.

dearprudence

Postby brenda4ever2 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:37 pm

No, I just wanted Brenda, but to be really honest, Im kinda relieved she's not coming back, now I dont have to watch anymore, lol. Besides, 90210 has passed its hay day a long time ago. I think Jennie should follow suit and let the newbies hang in the sun. Although season 1 ending was actually very good , i dont think ill be taking anymore. Looking at 90210 reminds me of how fast life goes and how old I am ..scary. i still watch the original repeats on soapnet, and I get total nostalgia everytime.
Last edited by anonymous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brenda4ever2
Shannen Wanna Be

Next

Return to Beverly Hills 90210 2.0