Re: Why did Jackie Taylor turn mean?

Talk here about the second version of 90210

Postby ferociouskitty » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:36 am

Well then again this is the same 90210 that turned Brenda Walsh into 'man stealing baby wanting' Brenda Walsh which was HIGHLY inconsiderate of the past but whatever. I feel they are ruining everything good not just from the original but form this spin off as well.
ferociouskitty
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby thefifthsister » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:11 am

I woke up thinking about this thread this morning (it's been a slow morning) and I have to agree with you FK.

It's also turned Dylan into a deadbeat Dad and I can picture him walking out on Kelly but not on his own kid. I suspect Kelly would tell him to stay away but they tried not to focus on the old characters and look what they turned them all into!

Not only that, they've made most of the new characters either shallow, psychotic or boring

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

Postby littlemissbad » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:56 pm

i havent seen many eppys, but the ones i have seen im not that inpressed. as i have said before.

i only watch for brenda. i dont really take much notice of the others.

xoox Image
littlemissbad

Postby shannenzbitch » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:34 am

I agree with this in respect to all the characters mentioned. Kelly and Erin's mum is a completely different character to the original series. even if she spiraled out of control again on whatever substances, she would never be so cruel and uncaring. Even when she was on drugs in the original, she never treated Kelly the way that she now treats them both. I think they did it so that there would be a reason for Erin to move in with Kelly. Well, that's pretty lame, 'cause there are plenty of other reasons that could have been used to the same effect. And if they used it as something that would trigger Silver's bi polar episode, well, that is a genetic mental illness, which would happen whether Jackie was a horrible person or not.

When it comes to Brenda, I get really overprotective, so I'm probably a little biased, but I really felt that some of the things they had her do in the new series were out of character. Firstly, the whole Ryan thing - sorry, don't believe it would have happened. They just did it to spark intensity between Brenda and Kelly. Secondly, have Brenda say to Kelly 'you and Dylan had more going on than we ever did'. Puh-lease, Dylan and Brenda were madly in love, they were each others first love and they were together for 2 years! Kelly and Dylan were the ones who never had the real spark, all they did was break-up a million times.

As for Dylan, after the way he accepted strangers in his life that claimed to be his family without any proof in the first series, it was pretty obvious how important the idea of family was to him. There is no way that he would then abandon his own child in the future.

Ok, rant over. Image

*squishy hugs*
shannenzbitch

Postby triquetra » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Anne Gillespie will return in the role of Jackie Taylor in Season 2. She'll also have a few 'surprises' on her return.
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
triquetra

Postby brenda4ever2 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Hopefully restoring her soul is one of them!!!
Last edited by anonymous on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brenda4ever2
Shannen Wanna Be

Postby dearprudence » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Upon Jackie's return, she will most certainly try and become apart of Silver's life, which is GREAT news; considering, what a mess they made of her the last time. I totally didn't buy it when Jackie chose alcohol over her two daughters.
dearprudence

Postby thefifthsister » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 pm

I agree. Something would have seriously had to have pushed Jackie over the edge because her daughters meant the world to her.

Hope that season 2 straightens things out

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

Postby triquetra » Sun May 16, 2010 4:02 pm

For all the people who do not yet know the fate of Jackie Taylor... she died.

And no, that's no joke. The mother of both Kelly Taylor and Erin Silver, has died. She died of cancer. Sad to see, but it's the truth.
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
triquetra

Return to Beverly Hills 90210 2.0