[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Talk here about the second version of 90210

Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Postby dearprudence » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:06 am

90210's new boss lady, Rebecca Rand Kirshner Sinclair, recently told me that the soap's second season would be "significantly" different than the first, and, man, she wasn't kidding.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Dustin Milligan, who plays affable jock (and one half of 90210's central super couple) Ethan, won't be returning to the show in the fall -- at least not full time.

Reps for The CW and producer Paramount declined comment, but a 90210 insider confirms that Milligan's contract option is not being picked up for next season. The source adds that the door is being left open for the actor to briefly appear in the fall to wrap up Ethan's story.

All indications are that Milligan's exit was strictly a creative decision. "Everyone loves Dustin," maintains the insider. "There was just a feeling that the character had run its course." (Curiously, the news comes just days after Milligan's newbie co-star, Matt Lanter -- a.k.a. bad boy Liam -- confirmed that he was being promoted to a series regular next season.)

The departure of one the show's most high profile leading men is the clearest indication yet that Sinclair's ongoing reboot of the reboot will be anything but minor. Viewers will get their first taste of the Gilmore Girl alum's new vision when 90210 returns from its winter hiatus this Tuesday with a hilariously campy outing that features the primetime soap trifecta: stalkers, street-racing, and scenery-chewing!

Looking ahead to season 2, Sinclair said last month that she wants to "reconceive things visually. There are opportunities to embrace California culture visually in terms of fashion and style; I want it to be more contemporary.

"If Gossip Girl is about youth in New York," she elaborated, "I want to [make 90210] about youth in L.A. and Beverly Hills."

The writer-producer also plans to rely less on 90210 vets such as Jennie Garth, Shannen Doherty, and Tori Spelling to boost ratings. "The show tried to be a lot of things to a lot of people in its first season," she conceded. "I think the center lies with the generation of kids that are in high school now. I'm not interested in casting people for stunt value."

Sinclair, who replaces original show-runners Jeff Judah and Gabe Sachs, said the show will benefit from having a singular vision. "The advantage of having one person -- me -- [in charge] is that scripts, what happens on the set, casting... it all speaks in one voice."

Thoughts on Sinclair's new 90210? Waiting to pass judgment until you see this season's remaining episodes? Is the loss of cute-but-boring Ethan a step in the right or wrong direction? Sound off below!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/exclusive-90210.html?cnn=yes
dearprudence
Very Important Shannen Fan

Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Postby 9021 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:29 am

without Shannen and Jennie, the show will not survive!!!

Major Shannen fan

Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Postby jhem » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:37 am

wow!! Image

but i love Dustin Milligan!
jhem

Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Postby dearprudence » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:22 am

Ethan didn't really have much of a story anyway. He was just known as Annie's boyfriend. Nothing else.
dearprudence

Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Postby keisha » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:28 am

keisha
Shannen Wanna Be

Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:08 am

lilmisshalliwell

Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Postby thefifthsister » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:40 am

^^Wow, and you said you loved Annie and that. I'm not a big fan of the show and it seems she's trying to do all the things I've complained about but I won't watch cause I gave up on it a while ago. Will watch the finale with Shannen and that's me

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
Last edited by thefifthsister on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
thefifthsister

Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Postby ferociouskitty » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:47 am

I don't know what's going to happen. I can understand why she wants to do what she's doing with it, because in reality, it DOES need to branch out on its own but I don't know, they've made the originals such a big part of this show and I don't think there's really a way to cut that out without causing it to sink completely. We'll just have to see but I'm not a fan of her ideas at the moment...

In regards to Dustin, I understand that his character doesn't have much going on but honestly, are you implying that you can't make it any better. Personally, for someone who's trying to branch away from the original 90210, it sure seems to be following in its path. Like Liam um hello DYLAN?! These characters seem to be following in the originals' footsteps, in a way...
Last edited by ferociouskitty on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ferociouskitty

Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Postby dying2live » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:10 am

I can't see the show lasting past season 2, especially without Jen, Shannen, or Tori. I mean look how many storylines they've already used in just the first season...a drug overdose, a pregnancy, a sex tape...etc. So unless they come up with some great new material, the new 90210 looks short lived, which is disappointing
dying2live
Major Shannen fan

Season 2 SHOCKER!!

Postby ferociouskitty » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:30 am

It wasn't worthy to last quite as long as the original anyway Image
ferociouskitty

Next

Return to Beverly Hills 90210 2.0