It's Offical!!

Talk here about the second version of 90210

It's Offical!!

Postby nikkycoly » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:50 am

It's official: Shannen Doherty re-ups with '90210'
03:08 PM PT, Oct 13 2008
Shannen Doherty/Brenda Walsh fans can rejoice anew.

The deal is finally done to keep Brenda in the "90210" ZIP Code -- as of today, Doherty has agreed to do two additional episodes of the CW's rebooted teen soap, with the possibility for more.

At first, it appeared that the four episodes Doherty initially had signed up for would be fans' only chance to reunite with Brenda. From what she was saying, it didn't seem that the actress was interested in committing to an extension.

Doherty has changed her mind, or the CW and CBS Paramount (the studio that produces the show) changed it for her. Her next two appearances will be next month, in "90210's" 11th and 12th episodes of the season.

"90210" has been a ratings success for the CW, but it hasn't been without struggles. Its early episodes have been met with lukewarm to scornful critical reception, and a new executive producer, Rebecca Kirshner, has been brought in to stabilize the show from the creative end.

The series' young female stars have also gotten unwanted attention for being "too thin for TV."

Amid those problems, Doherty's Brenda scenes -- particularly her on-screen reunion with fellow "Beverly Hills, 90210" graduate Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor -- have been among the show's bright spots.

Garth, whose Kelly character is a guidance counselor at West Beverly High, has already agreed to stick around. Kelly will come back to Beverly Hills soon -- both Kelly and Brenda headed out of town, separately and somewhat inexplicably, in a recent episode. And the two actresses/characters will cross paths when Doherty returns.

Even before today's re-upping, Doherty -- former hellion, more recently, homebody -- had been relaunched by the "90210" stint back into the pop culture zeitgeist. Perez Hilton has been one of her biggest champions, for example, and she graces the cover of this month's Radar.

Or, as the Dlisted blogger Michael K concluded recently, after posting a gallery of paparazzi shots of Doherty: "I just realized that the paps are actually following Brenda Walsh around. Hooray! It's like 1992 again!"

-- Kate Aurthur

GREAT NEWS! I am sooo excited.
nikkycoly
Shannen Fanatic

It's Offical!!

Postby halian » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:05 am

Thanks for that, Nikky!!! I'm so excited to see her again..... Hopefully with Brandon..... Thanks Shannen for brightening up my day.....
halian
Major Shannen fan

It's Offical!!

Postby dearprudence » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:22 am

OMG!!! I'm so excited. Hopefully, she continues to do more than 2 episodes.
dearprudence
Very Important Shannen Fan

It's Offical!!

Postby nikkycoly » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:39 am

I know right, best news ever. I am almost as excited as when I found out she was coming back the first time. LOVE IT!! The article was from the LA Times. I wonder what they are going to do with their characters. And I am almost positive both girls will most likely come back for Jason's episode. I mean Come on.
nikkycoly
Shannen Fanatic

It's Offical!!

Postby 9021 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:46 am

Image Image Image
Major Shannen fan

It's Offical!!

Postby shannen90210prue » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:44 pm

Image 4 Shannen!!!
shannen90210prue

It's Offical!!

Postby thefifthsister » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:19 pm

I'm so excited!! I feel the need to play "BrendaBrenda" now.... think I'll make a proper video of me playing it now to celebrate!

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

It's Offical!!

Postby littlemissbad » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:10 pm

great news, huni thanks for the post. xoox Image
littlemissbad

It's Offical!!

Postby triquetra » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:51 pm

Awesome news! And thank you, Shannen!
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
triquetra

It's Offical!!

Postby DontFailMeNow » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:46 pm

I can't wait im so happy!!!!!! Image
DontFailMeNow

Next

Return to Beverly Hills 90210 2.0