What did you like about Jim or didn't like?

Talk about the other characters here.

Postby Kristin Marie » Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:32 pm

I didn't like him at all. I didn't find him very friendly at time with Dylan

-Kristin
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby pruephoebepiper2 » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:48 pm

He's not the nicest person around dylan- so i gto to go with you
pruephoebepiper2
Major Shannen fan

Postby Kristin Marie » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:15 am

Jim should have a least be a little more loving and poliet.
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby pruephoebepiper2 » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:48 pm

or acted as i he cared! it's better than nothing
pruephoebepiper2
Major Shannen fan

Postby lidsiholm » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:30 pm

I seriously don't like him Image He's acting like Brenda is a little child and Brandon is a grown up. Guess what he's not Image Image And the way he was acting to Dylan....
God I'm glad my dad isn't like that Image
lidsiholm
New Shannen Fan

Postby crystalpersuasion » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:01 pm

Image Okay, I may be seen as crazy by some, but I actually liked Jim.I really disagreed with how he played favorites when it came to Brenda and Brandon and treated Dylan badly, but at the end of the day, he was one of my favorite characters. Of course, my all-time favorites were and still are Brenda and Dylan.Image

I actually liked how he was there to cause conflict for Brenda and Dylan's relationship. As Dylan said, Jim tried to set their agenda for them. Jim's problems with them being together seemed to come from them still finding a way to be together and not wavering in their feelings for each other, no matter what he did. He keep them apart, they still loved each other and found a way to be together. Even if that meant betraying him. They still maintained some form of a relationship, even once they were with other people. Dylan and Brenda was one huge thing that Jim could not control and he did not like that. Before that, he had Brenda as his little girl and basically he controlled her every move. Image

Jim just could not understand how two young teenagers could willingly decide to stay with one person like that and he thought it was way too serious a relationship for their age. I can understand him wanting them to get some distance, but the way he treated them, he only made them fight more to be together. Jim did not like how this boy with such a "bad" rep could become so important to his daughter that he had raised with good morals and values. And he wanted to ignore the influence he had on this boy from him dating his daughter. Dylan looked up to Jim and had taken him as a father figure. I guess Jim could not handle all the pressure and all the changes that came with his baby girl growing up and falling in love.Image

It's hard to just not like Jim because he was a complex character like Brenda and Dylan, but in the same token, he did not make it easy to like him in the way he treated Brenda and Dylan. Jim was high strung and needed to relax, but some of his actions were justified, others weren't. Image

I thought it was so interesting how he ranted and raved and wanted Dylan away from Brenda, but then when Dylan moves on to dating Kelly, he was the one that comforted Brenda. And he didn't even take the chance to throw it in her face that he had been right that he was trouble. Of course, I think he didn't because he knew how much Brenda was hurting. I think it actually hurt Jim as well. A lot of Jim's problems with Dylan appeared to come from a deeper love for Dylan than Jim was willing to let on. I don't think that Jim really, truly had a problem with Brenda and Dylan being together, I think he just did not want them in such a serious relationship at such a young age. They had a relationship that was more suitable for someone in their 20s or older.
crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Postby Prudence#1 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:22 pm

I didnt like him.
Thanks *Zetti* for my avartar

A dream is not a dream if you dont believe in it.
Prudence#1
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby loveshannen4 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:50 pm

i didn't like him at all
loveshannen4
Major Shannen fan

Postby piperhalliwell » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:23 pm

he was afather who cared about his douughter.
he is just ower protective that's all.
piperhalliwell
Shannen Wanna Be

Next

Return to Other Beverly Hills, 90210 Characters