[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Anyone liked Val?

Anyone liked Val?

Talk about the other characters here.

Anyone liked Val?

Postby cartiergurl01 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:46 am

cartiergurl01
New Shannen Fan

Anyone liked Val?

Postby stalemate » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:43 pm

Interesting. Well, I was never a Kelly fan for obvious reasons - but never had anything against Jennie as look how silly it was when people hated Shannen for Brenda.
stalemate
New Shannen Fan

Anyone liked Val?

Postby cartiergurl01 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:34 am

cartiergurl01
New Shannen Fan

Anyone liked Val?

Postby andyprue » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:40 am

i don't like val. just when i think she is about to do something nice she turns around and stabs someon in the back. Although i have to admit i love val and kelly's fighting!!
andyprue

Anyone liked Val?

Postby jennitalia » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:54 pm

I loved Val and Gina. I could not stand Kelly. I actually like Donna's character more than Kelly.
jennitalia
New Shannen Fan

Anyone liked Val?

Postby smck82uk » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:16 pm

smck82uk
Shannen Wanna Be

Anyone liked Val?

Postby dylandog90210 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:11 pm

Personally i never liked Valerie Malone...she was a bitch...initially she always liked to do sex with Dylan and then she always tries to broke the other couple of the show....if somebody think that Valerie Malone was a good replacement for Brenda Walsh well i give you and advice......go to watch 90210 again and watch the difference between this two girls....
Brenda was and still the best girl character in 90210
Valerie Malone i hate you
dylandog90210
Major Shannen fan

Anyone liked Val?

Postby michael1976 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:20 am

It would've done the show better to end it after season 4. But since they continued it would've been better just to leave Brandon, Jim and Cindy in the house alone without another girl. Brenda was the only girl who had a right to be there. They were clearly trying to "replace" Brenda with Val. An impossible task.
michael1976
New Shannen Fan

Anyone liked Val?

Postby ibon » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:09 pm

i never watched 90210 after shay left... but ironically i love Val... coz she's bitchy towards kelly!!!not just that..tiffany played the character so well... and i would love to see val and brenda together too!!!
ibon
Very Important Shannen Fan

Anyone liked Val?

Postby lover » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:55 pm

I really liked Val... I didn't, when I first watched the show but I've grown to like her now... I really liked it when she fought with Kelly as I couldn't stand Miss Taylor. When I started watching the show, it was long after Brenda left so Val was a given to me there, I didn't even know Brenda.

And honestly guys, you have to stop thinking she replaced Brenda! The fact she lives in Casa Walsh doesn't mean she replaced her, Brandon and her aren't even related! On charmed, Paige got into Prue's shoes as the sister and the charmed one, with a very similar power, and you can somehow say she replaced Prue (even though they had very little in common and Prue was so much more interesting).

But BH was a completely different story; Brenda was Kelly's best friend, Kelly and Val hated each other. Brenda was liked by everyone, Val wasn't. Brenda was usually light and fun, Val was very heavy at times. Brenda was innocent and good, Val was anything but. Brenda was completely normal, Val was completely crazy and troubled. The writers did everything they possibly could to make them as different as possible, they even made her fall for Brandon briefly, just so you wouldn't think she replaced Brenda.

Honestly? I loved Brenda but Val's character made things very juicy and brought some very interesting topics to the screen. I could've never guessed her true story! This sort of thing could never have come from Brenda and the perfect Walsh family. I wish they could both be there together and get bloody Kelly out of the way, this would be fantastic. I also want to root Tiffany for making this character seem so believable, she's a great actress. I don't know, I related to Val in many ways so I don't think I'm very objective on this one, but I really did like her. However, I don't think I'd be friends with someone like her, I wouldn't trust her in the slightest.

And am I the only one who thinks Val and Dylan could have actually made for a good couple? Brenda was so different than Dylan, no wonder things never worked between them (although they were undoubtedly the best and irreplaceable couple of the show). Val and Dylan were both complex and mad, I think it could've worked really well between them, it was surely better than seeing him with Kelly or Tony.

I honestly don't understand the whole point though- the show was about the Walshes, with all of them gone but Brandon, why doing the show?
Last edited by lover on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lover
Very Important Shannen Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Other Beverly Hills, 90210 Characters