Welcome to the new forums!

Read about the latest happenings of our site!

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby Dianna » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Hopefully I can add the new design sometime this week, I am just waiting on a friend who has made some buttons.

I am aware of the smiles, I will try and fix those soon too.

Also, Ashley has requested a mobile version of the website. Anyone else want this feature?
User avatar
Dianna
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:01 am
Location: North Carolina, USA/London, UK

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby shell » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:17 pm

A mobile version would be great, but it's up to you if you would like to do that or not. ;)
User avatar
shell
Very Important Shannen Fan
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:55 am

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:43 pm

shell wrote:A mobile version would be great, but it's up to you if you would like to do that or not. ;)



^ what do you mean by this shell? i am lost :yes

jean, give the new boards time, you will soon be a whizz kid at it :yes
User avatar
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan
 
Posts: 6316
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby Dianna » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:18 pm

honda200 wrote:hmm well jugdeing by the general concencace in this thread,im the only one who doesnt like it.finds it to unrecanizeable(although Dianna has stated she's working on it to have it look like the old site)to complicated ,beyand my realm of understanding .but as i said ill hang in there ,ill wait

ok no how the hell do ya post even thats differant.. :?


ok im not one to keep something positive to myself after complaing about something ,something i didnt like nor understand(just ask my husband when i had to get a new glucomater :roll: ) but after i previusly hit subment i notest the callum at the right .now i must addmit thats kind of cool as i like to sometime check out where a fellow member might be from ..and getting that infore at a glance.thats kind of cool ..umm Dianna you can keep that fetuer .. :thumbsup:


By the way, you requested a notification about certain topics, well I just wanted to let you know that you can! See where it says 'Subscribe topic' at the bottom? Click that and you will get an e-mail for every topic you request it on. (This will soon be a graphic sometime this week.)

These boards are much more secure and a lot stronger, so be glad about that ;) No more errors and things not working like on Suddenlaunch :)

If anyone has any requests or suggestions feel free to mention it. :hippy:
User avatar
Dianna
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:01 am
Location: North Carolina, USA/London, UK

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby shell » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:03 am

Sarah-Lucy wrote:
shell wrote:A mobile version would be great, but it's up to you if you would like to do that or not. ;)



^ what do you mean by this shell? i am lost :yes

jean, give the new boards time, you will soon be a whizz kid at it :yes


Hi Sarah-Lucy.

Somebody else requested a mobile version of the site and I just agreed that it would be a great idea too to have a mobile version of the site to access also.

It would be the same I think, but it would just be a version that is compatable with phones. So you wouldn't just have to log in from computers and laptops you would also beable to log in via your phone also.

I hope that helps you Sarah-Lucy. ;)
User avatar
shell
Very Important Shannen Fan
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:55 am

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby Dianna » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:44 pm

Just letting you all know that the smiles problem is fixed! You can click on 'View more smiles' to add more to your posts. :clap: :yes
User avatar
Dianna
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:01 am
Location: North Carolina, USA/London, UK

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby honda200 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:40 am

Dianna wrote:
honda200 wrote:hmm well jugdeing by the general concencace in this thread,im the only one who doesnt like it.finds it to unrecanizeable(although Dianna has stated she's working on it to have it look like the old site)to complicated ,beyand my realm of understanding .but as i said ill hang in there ,ill wait

ok no how the hell do ya post even thats differant.. :?


ok im not one to keep something positive to myself after complaing about something ,something i didnt like nor understand(just ask my husband when i had to get a new glucomater :roll: ) but after i previusly hit subment i notest the callum at the right .now i must addmit thats kind of cool as i like to sometime check out where a fellow member might be from ..and getting that infore at a glance.thats kind of cool ..umm Dianna you can keep that fetuer .. :thumbsup:


By the way, you requested a notification about certain topics, well I just wanted to let you know that you can! See where it says 'Subscribe topic' at the bottom? Click that and you will get an e-mail for every topic you request it on. (This will soon be a graphic sometime this week.)

These boards are much more secure and a lot stronger, so be glad about that ;) No more errors and things not working like on Suddenlaunch :)

If anyone has any requests or suggestions feel free to mention it. :hippy:
Ya hunn i knew that feter was supposed to still be avaible as you said it would be ,and i think i did see that and clicked it for this topic,but cant for the perverbial life of me ,figer out how to go to that said page when i do get a notefacatsion.i just cant figuer out how to bring up the notefacastion page

Oh and Sarah-Lucy at this rate not likely.. :roll:
honda200
Very Important Shannen Fan
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:57 am
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby Dianna » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:22 pm

honda200 wrote:
Dianna wrote:
honda200 wrote:hmm well jugdeing by the general concencace in this thread,im the only one who doesnt like it.finds it to unrecanizeable(although Dianna has stated she's working on it to have it look like the old site)to complicated ,beyand my realm of understanding .but as i said ill hang in there ,ill wait

ok no how the hell do ya post even thats differant.. :?


ok im not one to keep something positive to myself after complaing about something ,something i didnt like nor understand(just ask my husband when i had to get a new glucomater :roll: ) but after i previusly hit subment i notest the callum at the right .now i must addmit thats kind of cool as i like to sometime check out where a fellow member might be from ..and getting that infore at a glance.thats kind of cool ..umm Dianna you can keep that fetuer .. :thumbsup:


By the way, you requested a notification about certain topics, well I just wanted to let you know that you can! See where it says 'Subscribe topic' at the bottom? Click that and you will get an e-mail for every topic you request it on. (This will soon be a graphic sometime this week.)

These boards are much more secure and a lot stronger, so be glad about that ;) No more errors and things not working like on Suddenlaunch :)

If anyone has any requests or suggestions feel free to mention it. :hippy:
Ya hunn i knew that feter was supposed to still be avaible as you said it would be ,and i think i did see that and clicked it for this topic,but cant for the perverbial life of me ,figer out how to go to that said page when i do get a notefacatsion.i just cant figuer out how to bring up the notefacastion page

Oh and Sarah-Lucy at this rate not likely.. :roll:


So what you are asking is how to manage/view the topics you are subscribed to? To do this go to the top of the page click on 'user control panel' then on the left hand side click the link that says 'manage subscriptions' then you can see everything you are getting notifications for.
User avatar
Dianna
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:01 am
Location: North Carolina, USA/London, UK

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby honda200 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Umm thanks Dianna ..i had tried that controll panal thing once but counlt seam to make heads or tails of it ,but what sadends me .it appears that all my notifys from the old site ,i dont have anymore,they didnt make the move,and i think this looks odd to me.as it says

You are not subscribed to any forums.

then it shows watched threads this one .

And i take it that all my pms i had the inbox and out box i no longer have ether :(
Last edited by honda200 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
honda200
Very Important Shannen Fan
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:57 am
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Postby Dianna » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:29 pm

The PMs and notifications are Suddenlaunchs fault that's one of the reasons we moved ;)
User avatar
Dianna
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:01 am
Location: North Carolina, USA/London, UK

PreviousNext

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron