[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - 90210 compared to the oc

90210 compared to the oc

Talk about ultra trendy Beverly Hills, and Shannen's character Brenda right here, right now!

90210 compared to the oc

Postby rachtt04 » Wed May 18, 2005 12:31 pm

rachtt04
New Shannen Fan

90210 compared to the oc

Postby cartiergurl01 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:44 pm

i love both. 90210 will always be my favorite show of all time, and i've seen every episode more than twice, but the o.c. is definitely my 2nd favorite show of all time. to me, it's basically the 90210 of my generation. 90210 will always be a classic because it was the first teen show to talk about young adult issues and important issues for people. the o.c. is definitely different because they know all these teen issues have already been introduced, it's definitely more grittier and dramatic, but here are the things they have in common:

-wealthy, luxurious neighborhood
-gritty teen issues
-peach pit after dark, like club
-marissa, a much more dramatic form of kelly taylor
-ryan, mix dylan/brandon/james dean's character in rebel w/out a cause and u get him
-seth, a much punk/rock/likable version of seth cohen
-summer, exact replica of my generation's 'donna martin'
-sandy and kristin cohen, a much likable and understanding version of jim and cindy walsh
cartiergurl01
New Shannen Fan

90210 compared to the oc

Postby artemis2 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:33 pm

BH90120 compared to the OC?

Gees, i don`t think that person have watched The OC properly, becouse, then he/she would now that The OC has NO similaries with BH what so ever. Thoes are both great shows and i send my luff to both of them.
The OC are more like "Drama- Drama and more drama." While BH is more like: " The rich kids of BH doesn`t have such a easy life at times"
artemis2
Very Important Shannen Fan

90210 compared to the oc

Postby d9n1el » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:28 am

i don't like the OC!!! i like 90210!!!!!!!Image
d9n1el
Major Shannen fan

90210 compared to the oc

Postby rachtt04 » Sun May 21, 2006 6:51 am

i LOOOOVE the oc !! in many ways its 90210 all over again!!!

p.s. is anybody else IN SHOCK that marissa is gone?? or rather HOW they got rid of marissa??

(they killed mischa barton's character in a car crash)
rachtt04
New Shannen Fan

90210 compared to the oc

Postby cartiergurl01 » Sun May 21, 2006 8:12 am

cartiergurl01
New Shannen Fan

90210 compared to the oc

Postby rachtt04 » Mon May 22, 2006 10:22 pm

One more similarity !!!

because in my opinion (and i think a lot of other's) they're a lot alike...

Mischa Barton--main girl--has been written off the show, at the end of the 3rd season. (They killed her off!!!!!! Image )

Kind of like Shannen Doherty (main girl of 90210) was written off at the end of the 4th/beginning of the 5th!

And Mischa's been getting hit with the SAME rumors as Shannen. That she was fired for showing up late to set, for being too much of a party girl, not getting along with cast members, etc. It was also said that her character had 'no where else to go'. (Marissa Cooper did go through a LOT of trauma.)

Repeat of 90210? I think so.
rachtt04
New Shannen Fan

90210 compared to the oc

Postby 90210admin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:16 pm

well, i think that the common in the 2 shows are the fact there are teenagers but i think they're a different shows, i don't know....in 90210 there was more real social aspects and the attention was only in the teen cast. In oc the parents are a important part of the show too.Image
90210admin
New Shannen Fan

90210 compared to the oc

Postby cartiergurl01 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:24 pm

Well, here are my character similarities with the o.c. and 90210:

Kelly= Marissa Cooper- Both introduced as wealthy, kind of considered the "it girl" at least in the beginning with the whole "perfect life" facade going on. very victimized characters. For example, Kelly: getting shot, getting cheated on, getting white, single femaled, raped twice, burned in fire, sucked in cult exc.

Marissa: parents divorcing, boyfriend cheating on her, mom sleeping with ex-boyfriend, step-dad blackmailing her, alcoholic exc.

Both definitely have the poor, little rich girl thing down. Even though, Micha Barton fame wise kind of reminds me of Shannen Doherty in a way. With leaving The O.C., cover of almost every magazine, being the lead-female character of the show.

Dylan + Brandon= Ryan- I like to think Ryan's a bit of both those characters. For example:

Like Dylan: Obviously because both, have the whole brooding, bad boy thing going on except he's not rich and not self-destructive in the same way Dylan is. Both, have a sense of street smarts, Ryan. Dylan, always had a way of knowing some of the most, dangerous and shady characters in L.A. even though he was generally a wealthy, teenage boy from Beverly Hills. Ryan, obviously more than Dylan since he's from Chino. Both, have surrogate familie's with Dylan it was the Walshes, with Ryan it's the Cohens. Both, have issues with thier parents or have been rejected by them.

Like Brandon: Both sort of have the come-to guy thing going on,for both guys and girls. Which was a thing Brandon pretty much always had going on while he was on 90210. Ryan, has that for example with mostly Marissa but with guys like with Seth, Luke, Oliver, Johnny exc. He has some of the good, logic and sense to try and get out of situations or is the one who's always trying to smooth things over.

Overall, I like to compare Ryan more to Brandon since for some reason Ryan reminds me of Brandon with his build and height. With Dylan, there was something more sexy and intense about him that just attracted me more to him and I just don't get that in Ryan.

Donna= Summer- Both introduced as fahsionable, carefree sidekicks of Kelly and Marissa with little lines or little background on the character which is something Donna had for pretty much the entire, first season and what Summer had for the first, few episodes. Both, didn't kind of fun to watch, funny characters (at least, Donna was the first three or four seasons before the major drama started pouring in.) Not, victimized too much well not Summer at least and not Donna really until after David cheated on her.

Summers, a little more original and kind of more likeable since she's a little more sassy and feistier. As much as I love Donna; Summer doesn't have that whole, gullible, goody-goody, walk all over me thing going on.

Seth- definitey a much updated version of David Silver. Trade in the Vanilla ice and McHammer style dancing and love for hip-hop for love for punk-rock and late 70's, early 80's bands like The Ramones and The Clash, add some sarcastic wit and a little bit or goofiness, u get Seth Cohen. Definitely, doesn't have the urge at least in the beginning, to fit in with the "in crowd," if so, the only reason was Summer. His relationship with Summer kind of reminds me of David and Donna's. The way, their kind of a team reminds me of them a lot. I also, have hope that they'll end up together and will be together by the time The O.C. ends.
cartiergurl01
New Shannen Fan

90210 compared to the oc

Postby poeticmelody » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:42 pm

the oc is ok...id rather watch one tree hill...but the oc compared to bev hills...i like bev hills a lot more.
poeticmelody

PreviousNext

Return to Brenda Walsh