[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Why so long?

Why so long?

Talk about ultra trendy Beverly Hills, and Shannen's character Brenda right here, right now!

Why so long?

Postby michael1976 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:34 pm

In your opinion why do you think Beverly Hills 90210 lasted so long? It was on for 10 years, yet, Shannen Doherty was only there for 4 years. It was on longer without her than with her.

The show was worse without her. I'm beginning to think viewers liked the show without her as if they didn't care about Brenda. The show went through too many cast changes with the first (Doherty leaving) being the worst. I'll never understand why the show outlasted Doherty's run. Did people think Brenda would return?

Did Shannen not like the direction in which her character had gone? If so, did she not like the love triangle storyline? I certainly didn't. And if Luke Perry was the one who suggested that Dylan go out with Kelly (thus the love triangle) do you think in a way it was Luke Perry's fault that Shannen left the show?

I apologize if I crossed a line. I was just wondering. Any ideas?
michael1976
New Shannen Fan

Why so long?

Postby splash » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:48 pm

It was the same thing with Charmed wasn't it?
Shannen left after just 3 years on tht show and the show went on for another 5 years even though it sucked after Shannen left. Why? I have no idea man.
splash

Why so long?

Postby triquetra » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:04 pm

I think it was because people got to see what they wanted... people watched! And if a show has millions of viewers and the ratings are good, why stop? That's what the producers must have thought...

Although I haven't seen that much of "Beverly Hills, 90210" (working onf finishing Season 3), I think it was indeed worse without Shannen... but still good enough for all the Americans to watch...
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
triquetra
Very Important Shannen Fan

Why so long?

Postby nikkycoly » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:36 am

I continued to watch when Brenda left well....I tried not to. After I heard she wasnt returning I was so mad that I said I am not watching anymore. Some of my friends actually did. But I kept watching because they did mention her every once in awhile and even better they ended up together there for a while when Luke left too. I guess I thought maybe she would come and visit or something like that. I did like the other characters so it wasnt totally boring but it did change a lot after she left and no it wasnt the same. I am in the process of watching season 5 on dvd and I miss Brenda a lot. I forgot how much they talk about her though. (all good things) It was a guilty pleasure I guess. And as far as the rest of the world, the rating did go down A lot of what I have seen.
nikkycoly
Shannen Fanatic

Why so long?

Postby littlemissbad » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:03 pm

littlemissbad

Why so long?

Postby nikkycoly » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:20 pm

She did indeed make the show, absolutely.
nikkycoly
Shannen Fanatic

Why so long?

Postby charline » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:31 am

It's like when Shannen leaves there's no need for me to stay and watch it.. can't help it. I misses her to much!

Love and Kisses, Charline
charline

Why so long?

Postby nikkycoly » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:48 am

I missed her too. I guess I was really hoping she would come back and well.....haha she did!! Image
nikkycoly
Shannen Fanatic

Why so long?

Postby shannen90210prue » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:22 pm

Any show that Shannen leaves earily is not the same without her!!
shannen90210prue

Return to Brenda Walsh