Brenda character

Talk about ultra trendy Beverly Hills, and Shannen's character Brenda right here, right now!

Brenda character

Postby ibon » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:12 pm

i just finished watching seasons 1-4 of beverly hills 90210. i was only 4 when the show started.. i really dont have any idea on how the show did back in early 90's..

i couldnt figure out why people hated brenda? i mean whats wrong with her? i like her coz people see her as tough,strong, driven, sensitive and all that but the truth of the matter is she's just a young lady, who wanted to love and be loved, who wanted to gain the respect and trust of her family and friends, who wanted to prove not for anybody else but for herself that she can make thing out on her own way, that though she's just a teenager she can be held liable for her own action.

i really like her... i hope that somebody will tell me the "story" behind shannen's leaving the show..her relationship with other cast of BH... i really wanted to find out more bout her...

thanks guys...
lotsa love..
ibon
Very Important Shannen Fan

Brenda character

Postby kaelyn23 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:52 pm

I LOVE Brenda Walsh!! I was six when the show started back in 1990 but my older sister watched the show. I got addicted to 90210 a year ago this coming Monday and I instantly got addicted to Brenda Walsh! I also can't understand why everyone thinks her character is a bitch?! I mean, Brenda is sweet, kind, funny, thoughtful, caring, sensitive and I can totally relate to her. I think Shannen did an outstanding job on the show! It's a shame Brenda/Shannen had to leave. I love 'The Brenda Years' and I miss them too. Brenda Walsh Forever!!
kaelyn23
Shannen Fanatic

Brenda character

Postby amandabynight » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:04 am

What I liked most about Brenda is that she was the most real character on the show. I mean, I love the other actors, but Brandon was WAY too mature for someone his age and Kelly was a tramp for, like, three episodes and then she became this kind of thoughtful young woman with morals.

Brenda made mistakes, sometimes she freaked out, sometimes she didn't get what she wanted... just like all of us. She was consistent too and now that I'm re-watching the show I see how much more real she was then the others.

When she left, the show went bye-bye for me. I mean, I stuck around for Dylan, but then HE left, so what was I going to watch after thatImage

I also liked that Shannen played Brenda with a lot of vulernability, yet she could kick ass when she wanted to as well. And she made her own way. That's the trait I'd want. Brenda knew she wanted to be an actress since she was a teenager and she pursued it. That's pretty awesome to know what you want at such a young age.

OK, ramble over! Image
amandabynight
New Shannen Fan

Brenda character

Postby kaelyn23 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:11 pm

Yeah that's what I also love about Brenda: she was the real character on the show. I agree with you on what you said about Brandon. The show did suck after Brenda left and it got soooo boring after Dylan left. I love Brenda Walsh more and more every day. Brenda Walsh Forever!!
kaelyn23
Shannen Fanatic

Brenda character

Postby courvid » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:31 pm

I love her character in Beverly hills, she just is the most interesting, because she is so real and does know what she wants, and you ( or at least i) can really find myself in the things she has to deal with.
courvid
New Shannen Fan

Previous

Return to Brenda Walsh