[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Just curious

Just curious

Talk about ultra trendy Beverly Hills, and Shannen's character Brenda right here, right now!

Just curious

Postby crystalpersuasion » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:18 am

crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Just curious

Postby geissel » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:07 am

Thanks again Crystal!!!!!! I appreciate it.

If you have the time can you tell me what happend in the episode with brenda and dylan and kelly when she got arrested. Also what happened with the 60s episode. All i remember is brenda picturing herself as the lady she read. What happend with brenda's character and dylan's character.

Thanks again!!!!

Merry Christmas and Have a wonderful New Year!!!!
geissel
New Shannen Fan

Just curious

Postby crystalpersuasion » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:24 am

Brenda unknowingly joined a extreme radical animal rights group following the death of Rocky (the dog that she and Donna shared) from cancer (most likely brought on from animal testing which he had marks that proved he had been part of such experiments). Brenda did not want to be part of something like that, especially when she learned that one of the labs that was going to be destroyed was the one that Andrea worked in that was conducting SIDS research and only studying the sleep patterns of the animals there (nothing invasive being done). Brenda just wanted to do something so Rocky's death was not in vain. Another member of the group suggested she be look-out for the police since the idea of trashing that particular lab upset her.

Following her arrest, Brenda called Dylan to bail her out hoping that she could get out without her parents knowing anything about it. However, Brenda's bail was set to high. Therefore, to get the amount of money needed, Dylan had to let Jim know (Jim was in charge of Dylan's finances).

Kelly did not like being woke up in the middle of the night to bail Brenda out of jail and also did not understand why Dylan was doing everything he could not to have to tell Jim & Cindy about it. Dylan had promised Brenda that he wouldn't tell her parents. She made several rude comments about how Dylan always went running when Brenda was in trouble, which in turn disgusted Dylan because in his eyes he was just trying to help one of their friends (it being Brenda was beside the point to him).

After Brenda was released on bond, it was revealed that one of the members of the animal rights group was actually an undercover FBI agent. He had been worknig the case for months on end and Brenda joining the group had finally given him the break he needed. The FBI agreed to drop charges against Brenda if she agreed to work with them in the case, which she did.

However, before that, Brenda was alienated from her friends because they all did not want to be caught up in it and be seen as an accessory to a crime. The only one that stood by Brenda was Dylan. When Brenda went to thank Dylan for his help, Kelly flipped out and went on a rant reminding Brenda that Dylan was not her boyfriend anymore. She also ranted how she did not like Dylan running whenever Brenda needed help. Brenda left after saying obviously Kelly wasn't her friend anymore either. Dylan was again disgusted with Kelly's behavior.

After Brenda was working with the FBI, Brenda confronted all her friends at the Peach Pit and let them know it was okay to talk to her and how the whole experience had left her feeling alone. After she left, Donna was going to go talk to her, but Kelly said she would instead.

Kelly caught Brenda in the parking lot and they talked about how they were both jealous of each other for different reasons. Kelly said how her outbursts of rudeness was caused by the green monster (jealousy) rearing it's head at the worst times. Kelly revealed that she thought that Dylan would always remember Brenda as the great love of his life. As they were finished talking, Andrea appeared and told Brenda that her veggie burger was getting cold (Brenda had also decided to become a vegetarian). Brenda was confused until Andrea admitted she ordered her one and that she should come back inside. All three girls rejoined the rest of the friends and everyone toasted Brenda's freedom.
--------------------

60's episode:

Brenda did not want to join her friends on a skiing trip so she lied to her friends that she was grounded. Her parents offered her the chnce to join them at a swap meet, but she passed saying she wanted to spend the day at home relaxing.

Brenda found Wendy's old diary in her bedroom's window seat and began reading it. What she discovered is that she had a lot in common with the girl who had grown up in the Walsh house herself during the 60s and early 70s. Brenda saw herself as Wendy and her friends as Wendy's friends. The great love of Wendy's life was Peter Brinkley, Brenda pictured Dylan as him. Peter ended up moving on to Wendy's friend Michelle after they broke up. Brenda pictured Kelly as Michelle.

After reading one part where Wendy stated that she had lost Peter forever because she would not have sex with him while he was still in a relationship with Michelle, Brenda broke down in tears. Her parents had arrived home and saw her crying. When they asked her what was wrong, Brenda revealed that she did not go on the ski trip with her friends because she was still in love with Dylan. They thought she had lost her mind when she followed up her words with "poor Wendy."

While reading the diary, Brenda had an overwhelming urge to try to find Wendy. She was successful in her search and Brenda got to find out what became of all of Wendy's friends, including Peter. He had relocated to Canada to avoid being drafted for the Vietnam War following his trip to Woodstock with Wendy & Michelle (they had agreed to go together before they broke up and he invited Wendy along as well). Wendy said that she saw his writing credit on the TV every now and then as well. Michelle had burned out shortly after Woodstock due to a drug overdose. She said from there, that basically her group of friends had went in their separate directions. When Brenda arrived back home, all her friends were waiting for her (skiing was ruined by rain) and she was offered the chance to join them at David's grandparents' house in Palm Springs instead.
crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Just curious

Postby geissel » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:08 am

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!! Image Image Image

I'm sorry if I took up a lot of your time Image

I really appreciate everything you did!!!! If you don't mind, I read an episode where someone thought brandon and brenda were dating? Is there an episode like that? Also do you know what happens in the episode called Crunch Time, I read somewhere that dylan brenda and his sis sang a song together. If you do remember it, can you tell me what happens. And also what made erica like brenda a lot over kelly? and did she ask about her in season 5 when dylan finds her. Thanks a lot Crystal!!!!! Image
You're amazing!!!!!!
Last edited by geissel on Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
geissel
New Shannen Fan

Just curious

Postby crystalpersuasion » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:32 am

Yes, there is a scene in an early Season 4 episode where Brenda & Brandon are seen talking to each other at a college frat party. One of the other male students approaches Brandon and asks if Brenda is Brandon's girlfriend. When Brandon says she's his sister, the guy then proceeds to ask if Brenda's single. Through Brandon's reaction to the question, the guy catches on that Brandon does not want him asking his sister out. The guy respects Brandon and does not approach Brenda.

I cannot remember if it was the episode "Crunch Time", but there is one episode that features a scene where Brenda, Kelly, and Erica (Dylan's sister) are singing a song together (it was "When The Saints Go Marching In"). I think Dylan is also singing with them, I know he and Erica were both playing the music on separate keyboards.

The scene was that Brenda had come over for Dylan to help her get caught up in Romantic Poetry (a class they both had). Kelly was the one that had to remind Dylan and Brenda to get to studying.

I think Erica liked Brenda more because Brenda did not act like it was an imposition to have Erica around. Kelly on several occasions, once Erica was out of earshot, would complain to Dylan about how Erica was driving her crazy.

No, when Dylan rescued Erica in Season 5, she did not ask about Brenda. However, Erica and Valerie (who helped Dylan) did get along. Erica seemed to warm up to every woman in Dylan's life, except Kelly. Erica never met Toni.

Erica was no longer seen after a Season 8 storyline that ended with her being sent to live with Dylan & Brenda in London. She had followed a boyfriend to Los Angeles, who ditched her and she ended up working the streets before Brandon & Kelly saved her.

When Dylan returned the following season, he did not mention Erica and what had become of her.
crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Just curious

Postby geissel » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:23 pm

Thanks crystal!!!

I read somewhere that when brenda and dylan broke up for the last time, he grabbed her and kissed her. Is it true he also warned her that he won't come back to her. Also what happened with brenda and dylan after brenda came back from paris. Was he distant, did she tell about rick.

Also what did dylan think of her smoking habit

Thanks again Crystal
geissel
New Shannen Fan

Just curious

Postby crystalpersuasion » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:08 am

Yes, when they had their last break-up they did share one last kiss. Brenda (Dylan agreed) thought it was best that they break up if they wanted a chance to be able to at least salvage a friendship. They had been becoming increasingly more irritated with each other, appeared to be moving in opposite directions and wanting different things for their future. They both agreed that maybe their summer romances meant more than either wanted to admit.

Dylan asked her if she was sure if that's what she wanted because he wasn't going to try to change her mind, she agreed it was. Mind you, she did not know that he had cheated with her best friend Kelly (she only knew he had cheated) or that he would waste no time asking Kelly out. Dylan asked Brenda where did they go from there, Brenda said she guessed wherever they wanted. I see that as Dylan covering his @ss (being able to say that Brenda had agreed that she was okay with them seeing other people). It was then that Brenda said that she better leave. When she stood up, Dylan was standing with her. They shared one last kiss and Brenda left. While she had tears in her eyes the whole time (some spilled), she did not really cry until she got outside. The scene appeared to represent that they still loved each other and that their feelings were still just as strong.
---------------------------

When Brenda returned from Paris, while he wasn't really distant, she was able to pick up a weird vibe from Dylan, like he was hiding something from her. When she gave him the gift she had bought him, he remarked that he should have gotten her something. She asked Kelly about Dylan and if he had been with anyone while she was gone, Kelly was able to convince Brenda that she was just being paranoid and that it came from being jet lagged, being away from Dylan so long, and trying to hide the truth about Rick.

Yes, Brenda quickly told Dylan about how she had met a guy in her last few days in Paris. I can't remember how much she told him, could have been almost everything, if not everything except his name. I know she told him enough where he could have used it as an out if he really had serious feelings for Kelly and wanted to pursue things with her. Dylan didn't consider Kelly an option until Brenda broke up with him months later.
---------------------

Dylan told Brenda that he had never been in a long term relationship with a smoker and wasn't willing to start at that time. However, he also used it as an excuse to get her into his bedroom for obvious reasons one time claiming that the smoke on her clothes was too strong.
crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Just curious

Postby geissel » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:07 pm

Thanks again crystal. I read in another forum that kelly stated something like "I guess things don't last forever" in one episode with brenda and dylan, when a sandcastle breaks up. do you remember that one.

Also the gift that brenda gave was it a watch with an inscription.
geissel
New Shannen Fan

Just curious

Postby crystalpersuasion » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:12 am

The scene is in the last few minutes of "Castles In The Sand". Kelly makes her comment when Dylan had approached her to see how she was doing following Brenda's return from Paris. I think her actual comment was "nothing lasts forever" as the water began to wash away one of the sandcastles. I remember that they had talked briefly about their summer romance.

Brenda's gift was a charm for Dylan's pocket watch chain. It had the letter "D" in script and it was engraved "J'taime, Brenda".

I think I spelled the french phrase correctly, translation is something like "love, Brenda" or "I love you, Brenda".
Last edited by crystalpersuasion on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Just curious

Postby sarahconnor » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:08 am

Shannen started smoking during the filming of an episode, was it the prom episode? It's how she started, so was the episode you aretalking about now after the episode where she started smoking, or before? Just trying to get an idea if she had to smoke because Brenda did.
sarahconnor
Very Important Shannen Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Brenda Walsh