When Brenda was gone what did you miss?

Talk about ultra trendy Beverly Hills, and Shannen's character Brenda right here, right now!

Postby sarahconnor » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:20 am

I only watched about 10 episodes, but that was when Shannen had left...the show was pretty crap then, so I figure it must have been better with Shannen on it.
sarahconnor
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby tortue » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:09 pm

Without Brenda the set was not anymore the same for me. I watched too much after, because Shannen was indeed sublime, and she missed a lot.
tortue
New Shannen Fan

Postby tracymcg123 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:06 am

90210 was great when shannen was on it but when she left it got boring. Image
tracymcg123

Postby sarahconnor » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:53 am

Same as Charmed, then.
sarahconnor

Postby thepeachpit » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:16 pm

I have to say, I'm GLAD Shannen left and I didn't miss Brenda one bit. Now please read to rest of my post to understand why. 90210 is definitely my favorite show of all-time and Brenda is an excellent character...

BUT, starting with season five, the show had a HUGE decline in quality and I'd hate to see them ruin Brenda like they ruined all the other characters.

Donna, once a cute and funny character turned into this unsufferable goody two shoes who everyone is in love with, then Kelly turned into this self-rightous bitch, etc. etc. Had Brenda stayed, I'm sure they'd just turn her into the Val character, thus ruining the backstory we know of her. In addition to the horrible character development, the writing was truly awful.

Shannen left at the perfect time and will forever be remembered as one of 90210's best characters and it's all because she left. Had the show ended in season four I would LOVE Donna, Kelly, Brandon, etc. but after suffering through those later years I hate all those characters.

Brenda and Shannen were very lucky! Image
thepeachpit
New Shannen Fan

Postby rosepedal79 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:58 pm

I missed Shannen's character Brenda with out her the show wasnt the same, I still stayed loyal to 90210, but after Brenda left and Dylan it just wasnt the same I think her and Dylan made the show, my opion Valerie was good but not good enough to replace Brenda. No one could do that.
rosepedal79

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:22 pm

brenda was the best character in 90210. it was shannen that achieved success for the show and brought it to an all time high with great tv ratings in lots of countries. as for shannen leaving series 4 in "perfect timing" i dont know about that. when brenda left there was a big whole in the show, she could never be replaced. i stopped watching it after she left as the storylines and acting were so tacky. Image
Sarah-Lucy

Postby chiclet » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:17 am

I missed the connection I used to feel to the show during the Brenda years. I related to her character on a very personal level, so when Brenda left it was like losing a part of yourself (sounds kooky I know,but it's true). I watched for a few more years,and even got a couple laughs out of Valerie sticking it to Kelly. But in the end my heart just wasn't in it anymore.

Plus, by the end of the shows run, none of the outsiders coming into the show were excepted by the core group and were all reduced to slap toys to be abused by the original Hillsters. Who ALL were selfrightous twits by that point who never got put in their place. What fun was that to watch.
chiclet
New Shannen Fan

Previous

Return to Brenda Walsh