[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Why Did She Turn Mean?

Why Did She Turn Mean?

Talk about ultra trendy Beverly Hills, and Shannen's character Brenda right here, right now!

Why Did She Turn Mean?

Postby sarahconnor » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:41 am

Image Thanks. Image
sarahconnor
Very Important Shannen Fan

Why Did She Turn Mean?

Postby leashan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:25 pm

My best friend said to me one day; Lea, you know what?
I saw tv2 Zulu yesterday, and there was something with Shan. She was really a bitch. She was so cruel to the press.

Hallo, ofcourse she was. I would be to.

Then she said to me; I don´t look forward to Monday. Because BH is starting all over, not that I´m against that, but Brenda is in it again. She´s such a bitch!

I was so sad the rest of the day. Shan is something personality to me. not just an actress, she´s something real, and I love her, because she´s so talented, and know what she wants. I was so hurt.

SO NO, she´s not a bitch. Just a woman/girl, who knows when she have to say stop to the press. Knows what she wants!
leashan

Why Did She Turn Mean?

Postby monstervsangels » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:46 am

Why let their attitudes ruin your day, thats their opinion just let it roll off your back and not bring you down.

Brenda wasnt as mean and nasty, she was in need of alot more stimulation than what she was getting where she was. As for Shannen she grew up alot and has become an even greater actress.
monstervsangels
Shannen Fanatic

Why Did She Turn Mean?

Postby brandy5782 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:03 am

I never liked "Kelly Talylor" much, either. She thought she was so sexy and great and everyone wanted to be her... Puhleeze!!! I was so po'd when Kelly stole Dylan!! OMG... why would he want her anyway? Brenda was so much prettier and so much nicer and better for him...She wasn't a selfish brat like Kelly. I think he realized that and I was happy when they broke up and he went right back to Brenda. I felt for Brenda when she found out her so called BFF stole her boyfriend.. I would have reacted the same way. He tried a few times to get Brenda back, when he was with Kelly, but she never really trusted him I think.. Although, you go girl when she slept with him in the last episode she was in!!

I kinda stopped watching 90210 after Shannen left. Tiffani Thiessan was fun and good for a few episodes.. but it wasn't worth watching anymore and I know it had to have hurt their ratings badly.
Last edited by brandy5782 on Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
brandy5782
New Shannen Fan

Why Did She Turn Mean?

Postby prueangel25 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:55 am

If Brenda was a bitch then I must been watching the wrong show. I say she change during season 3 but can you blame her? he so called best friend and her boyfriend slept together behind her back why she & Donna was in paris and then Dylan wanted both Kelly & Brenda. I am sorry but I would act like a bitch if that happen to me and I think Brenda did not even act like a bitch. Now Kelly is the true bitch of the show she just trys to act like a Saint. I always wonder why Shannen left the show but i think it is the way they started to writing Brenda at the end to make Kelly look more like a saint.

I also notice something the people that calles Brenda a bitch most of them are Kelly fans i notice it on a few boards.

When Shannen left I still watch the show just for Luke & Tiffany Amber-Thisen but I notice they wrote her been a bitch just to make it look like Kelly is a saint again.

I HATE KELLY!!
prueangel25
New Shannen Fan

Why Did She Turn Mean?

Postby brandy5782 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:10 am

I agree.. They did try to make Kelly look like Ms. Innocent. And she hardly was. I think that is probably the same reason Tiffani didn't want to do the show anymore either.. And besides, once your character has been with everyone, there is not much left you can do with it.

But, yes..Brenda was not the bad one, she did not sleep with Kelly's boyfriend behind her back.. Kelly was kind of sceazy- right after it was over with Dylan, she went after Brandon, his best friend!! I mean, come on, what a biotch!!
brandy5782
New Shannen Fan

Why Did She Turn Mean?

Postby prueangel25 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:30 am

prueangel25
New Shannen Fan

Why Did She Turn Mean?

Postby selina » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:33 am

I always wondered what the whole 'Brenda is a bitch' thing was about. I couldn't have an opinion on it before because I hadn't actually seen any episodes of Beverly Hills. I've seen a lil' bit of Season 3 and all of Season 4 now, and I really can't see Brenda as a bitch. As far as I could tell (bearing in mind I haven't seen any episodes from seasons 1/2...some of season 3) Brenda got hurt by her best friend and love of her life betraying her. I don't know what her character was like in previous seasons so I don't know if or how much she changed, but she WASN'T a bitch. She loved Dylan and although there was more than one occasion she could have gotten revenge and gotten back with Dylan she didn't - how can that make someone a bitch? There are many occasions in Season 3 and 4 where it looked like Dylan and Brenda would kiss when Dylan was going out with Kelly, but Brenda always pulled away. Dylan was always the one initiating it though - not Brenda!!!! Fair enough, Brenda never made a secret of the fact she loved Dylan, that doesn't make her a bitch, it just means the girl has feelings and can't just 'switch them off' (and I know how that feels from personal experience lol).
As far as anything else goes, Shannen played a nice, friendly, caring character. I'm not being biased but she did, where all the 'I Hate Brenda crap came from i'll never know.
Shannen is a great actress and maybe some critics didn't like it...I dunno...but god I wish that BH was on dvd officially. I was 3 when the show began, so by the time Shay left I was 7...so I never saw it. Image

And lastly...about Kelly. I don't really have an opinion on her, she had insecurities and problems with her family, but that was no excuse for betraying her best friend, if one of my best friends did what she did I could never forgive her...but Brenda did - and that speaks volumes about Shannen's character.

I'm not surprised ratings declined when Shannen left BH, fans know what a good actress is and when someone as talented as Shannen leaves a show nothing is the same. It's the same situation with Charmed. I still watch it, but I really miss Shannen, she made the show what it is and without her there's a big gap that no-one could ever fill.
I'm hoping like hell that Shannen will be on television again soon, I'm still waiting for Fox to mail me about NS....boy do I miss seeing Shannen on tv. Image I know it's pathetic being 18 and missing seeing Shay on television, i've never met her but i've seen her act and she is truly amazing, if only more people would realise that. Sorry for going a bit O/T.....it just sorta linked together for me lol.
selina
Shannen Fanatic

Why Did She Turn Mean?

Postby sarahconnor » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:51 am

Big post, lol!
sarahconnor

Why Did She Turn Mean?

Postby thepeachpit » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:22 pm

I loved Brenda in her final season, they gave her some juicy stuff to do.

She had the WORST luck. I think the reason people think she's a bitch is because of how upset she'd get, but she was totally justified. Like when all of her BEST FRIENDS and FAMILY thought she was sleeping with her Professor, I would be pissed too! They should've known Brenda would never do anything like that, but still they didn't trust her.

I also think Jim and Cindy were horribly bias towards Brandon. He did TONS of horrible things, but whenever Brenda did something slightly questionable, they got mad at her, never with Brandon. The poor girl just couldn't catch a break.

The Brenda the Bitch campaign was probably due to the stuff in the tabloids about Shannen which people confuse with Brenda on the show.
thepeachpit
New Shannen Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Brenda Walsh