[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Never Really Gone (Marissa's new fanfic)

Never Really Gone (Marissa's new fanfic)

This is a place for all fan fictions, banners or fanarts.

Postby marissalu415 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:59 am

EDIT This is my new fanfic that y'all helped me title "Never Really Gone". It picks up after season 8. So here is the first section, i hope you all enjoy. Image

Piper Halliwell trudged up the stairs to the attic, her arms loaded down with cardboard boxes. It had been a little while since she had last climbed these stairs—about three months. It was then that she and her sisters had defeated the Ultimate Power. For once I’m going up to the attic to store my summer clothes, like a normal person does. She sighed, entering the cluttered room. Normal. Who am I kidding? It was true that there hadn’t been any demon attacks since the Ultimate Power, but Piper knew it would be foolish to think that there wouldn’t be more to come. A good witch’s work is never done. The only question in Piper’s mind was how long of a break she and her sisters would get this time.

She dropped the boxes next to some others on the far side of the attic. Then she opened the drawer of a nearby desk and fished around for a permanent marker. After finding one, she knelt next to the boxes and wrote her name on them.

As she was about to stand, she noticed another box, just beyond hers, that was covered in a thick layer of dust. She crawled over to this mystery box, and kneeling next to it, brushed the dust off the top. Written on one of the top flaps of the box were the words ‘Prue’s things.’ Piper felt a twinge of pain in her heart. She sat still for a moment, deciding whether or not she wanted to open the box.

Piper hadn’t remembered boxing up Prue’s things, but then she realized that Phoebe had probably done it, knowing it would have been painful for her. Determined not to cry, Piper tossed her hair over her shoulder, and then slowly opened the box.

Inside were a few of Prue’s personal belongings. Piper gently dug through them and began taking things out, starting with Prue’s nameplate from Bucklands. She held it for a moment, and then set it on the floor next to her. Piper maintained her composure as she pulled out the last issue of 415 Magazine that Prue had shot for. Though she fought it, her eyes began to fill with tears as she lifted Prue’s favorite jacket out of the box. She and Phoebe had had a moment over that jacket shortly after Prue’s death. She held it close to her, sniffing traces of the perfume Prue used to wear.

Laying the jacket down next to her, Piper began taking out some pictures that were still in their frames. There was the picture of Prue as a little girl at her piano recital. Another picture of Prue and their mother. There was the picture of the three of them in front of the manor that Grams had taken shortly before she passed away; and then a few more of the three of them. Piper was really beginning to lose it now. She sniffled, setting the pictures down next to the jacket.

It appeared that the only thing left in the box was Prue’s journal, but when Piper lifted it, she discovered a necklace underneath it, hiding in the corner of the box. Piper scooped up the necklace into her hand and rubbed her thumb over the pendant, shining the golden letters that spelled out ‘Prue’. She stared at the necklace for a while, weeping.

As she struggled to regain her composure, Piper undid the catch of the necklace and slipped it around her neck, fastening it. She sighed, holding Prue’s name in her closed fist. She had learned to live her life without Prue, but every once in a while she missed her so deeply that it hurt to even breathe. I can’t believe how much I still miss her… She sighed, starting to gather Prue’s things and put them back in the box.

“Piper,” came a voice from behind her back.

“Paige, we’ve had this conversation,” said Piper, dropping the last of Prue’s belongings into the box. She was a little bit aggravated. She didn’t want Paige to know she had been crying. “If you wouldn’t mind, please call before you orb in.” Piper stood up, wiping her eyes. She turned around, and then gasped. It wasn’t Paige who was standing before her, as she was expecting.

“Prue?”
Last edited by marissalu415 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marissalu415
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:20 am

Oh my word. I can see this is gonna be a wicked (forgive the pun) story. I had a tear in the corner 0f my eye when Piper was going through Prue's things......... I'm REALLY interested to see were your gonna take this. Image Image Image Image
lilmisshalliwell

Postby marissalu415 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:40 pm

yay, i'm glad y'all are interestd. Image Thank you for the sweet compliments.
marissalu415

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:42 pm

welkies...not one not so sweet one....HURRY UP AND POST MORE DAGNABIT...........,.. Image
lilmisshalliwell

Postby rachaelmcd » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:39 am

Yeah,Marissa,Hurry up and post!I was reading this in school and after i finished i realised half the class were behind me reading over my shoulder! Image
rachaelmcd

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:26 am

lol Rach' even they can see how talented Marissa is. Image
lilmisshalliwell

Postby marissalu415 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:54 pm

Image Woah seriously?! haha i'm glad your classmates like it. Image I'll post the next part in a little bit, right now i have to run.

marissalu415

Postby marissalu415 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:21 pm

Piper couldn’t believe what she was seeing. She never thought she would see her sister again, until she died herself, yet here she was, standing in the middle of the attic. Piper could barely breath, unable to speak.

“It’s me Piper,” Prue said warmly, grinning. Finally Piper managed a few words.

“Am I dreaming?”

“No sweetie,” Prue cooed. “I’m here, it’s really me.”

“Prue?” Piper repeated, breathing heavily and starting to cry. She felt herself wobble a bit, dizziness starting to flood her head.

“Come here, sit down,” said Prue, putting her arm around Piper. Piper tensed at Prue’s touch, still in utter shock. Pulling away, she looked her sister in the eye.

“It’s okay,” Prue said sweetly. Piper saw the sincerity in her eyes. Relaxing a bit, she let Prue lead her to Aunt Pearl’s couch. Prue eased Piper onto the couch and sat down next to her, keeping her arm around her. Both girls remained quiet for a few moments, while Piper processed what was going on.

Piper turned to face her sister, looking into her bright eyes. Prue’s sitting next to me. It’s really her. Then a disturbing thought entered her mind. Or a demon. She remembered a test she had once used on Phoebe.

“What’s my middle name?” Piper asked suspiciously. Prue chuckled.

“Surly,” she said with a nod. “Do you believe me now?”

“Sorry,” said Piper. “I just…”

“It’s okay,” said Prue with a smile. “You had to check and make sure I’m not a demon. I’d be disappointed if you didn’t.” Piper smiled. It’s her alright.

“Oh Prue, I’ve missed you more than you can imagine,” said Piper, throwing both arms around her sister. Prue held her tightly.

“I know,” Prue said quietly. “I’m so sorry.” She let go of Piper and looked her in the eye. “I never wanted to leave you, or hurt you.” Piper looked down.

“You didn’t mean to.”

“I know,” said Prue. “But not a day went by when I didn’t think of you and miss you.”

“Same here,” said Piper with a half smile. Prue sighed.

“It kills me to know how much I’ve missed out on. Meeting Paige, meeting your boys.” She smiled. “I can’t believe you’re a mom of two.”

“Yeah me neither,” said Piper, chuckling.

“I’ve wanted to come down here for so long,” said Prue. Piper could sense the pain in her voice.

“Why didn’t you?” Piper asked gently.

“I wanted to,” said Prue. “But I couldn’t. I had to let you move on with your life. Let go of me.” Piper’s eyes began to tear again.

“I didn’t want to let you go,” she said with a sniffle.

“I know,” Prue said, taking Piper’s hand. “But look at you now. You’re strong, you’re determined. You really stepped up and took on the oldest sister role.”

“Wasn’t easy,” said Piper. “You left some pretty big shoes to fill.” Prue smiled.

“You’ve more than filled them.” She pulled Piper into another hug.

“There’s just one thing I don’t understand,” said Piper. “Why now?”

“Well,” said Prue. “I was looking down on you a few minutes ago, and I saw that you were hurting.” Piper felt slightly embarrassed. “My heart melted, and I couldn’t bear to see you like that, with no one to comfort you.” She wiped a tear from Piper’s cheek. “So I decided to break the rules, come down and be with you.” She tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "But don't tell the Elders, they'd kill me." Piper raised an eyebrow. Prue chuckled. "You know what I mean." Piper managed a smile through her tears. Regaining her composure, she said,

“After you…”

“Died,” finished Prue. “It’s okay, you can say it.”

“After you..died,” Piper started again. “I did everything I could think of to bring you back. I kept trying, and hoping that you would appear in front of me and make my pain go away.” She sniffled, tears streaming down her face again. “But I couldn’t bring you back.” She buried her face in Prue’s chest. “I couldn’t bring you back,” she sobbed. Prue just wrapped her arms around her sister and comforted her.

“Shh, it’s okay,” Prue cooed. “I’m here now.”
marissalu415

Postby rachaelmcd » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:15 pm

rachaelmcd

Next

Return to Over to you