[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - The Power of Four (Marissa's fanfic)

The Power of Four (Marissa's fanfic)

This is a place for all fan fictions, banners or fanarts.

Postby marissalu415 » Sat May 10, 2008 3:17 am

Ok, so i'm in the process of writing a Charmed fanfic. It starts out where season 3 ends, only Prue survives. It's not finished yet, but i can post some of what i have, and y'all can give me some input if you like. =]

"The Power of Four"

Leo Wyatt orbed into the Halliwell manor and immediately began searching for Piper and Prue. I know they’re not dead. They can’t be. The house was in shambles, but even worse, it was silent. Leo called out to the girls, but he got no reply. No call for help. No evidence of life.
After what seemed like hours of searching and sifting through debris, Leo came across two bodies lying side by side. He quickly knelt down between the two girls and checked their pulses. Both were still alive, but for how much longer, he wasn’t sure. All he knew was that neither of them had much time. His healing touch could save them, but only if he acted quickly.
He looked over at Piper. His loving wife, that he couldn’t imagine living without. Then his glance shifted to Prue. She was like a sister to him, and he didn’t want to lose her either. Leo knew he didn’t have enough power to heal both of them at the same time, so he had to make a split-second decision. Both girls were badly injured, but which one was worse? Leo noticed that there was a growing pool of blood next to Prue’s head. She was in bad shape. Leo wrestled with his thoughts. Since both girls were approaching death, they would take a long time to heal. Prue looks pretty bad, but if I heal her first, will Piper die? I can’t let Piper die…I don’t know what I’d do. But if I heal her first, Prue will die for sure. Leo knew that he needed to heal Prue first, and all he could do was hope that Piper would hang on for as long as it would take to heal Prue.
His mind made up, he turned toward Prue. He placed one hand over her head, and one over her heart. His hands glowed yellow as the healing began. Slowly but surely, the color began to return to Prue’s face. The gouge in her head began to close, until finally she stirred. She opened her eyes as she let out a groan.
“Piper,” she said weakly, as she lifted her head, attempting to sit up.
“No, stay down Prue. You’re weak, just rest.” Leo quickly moved over next to Piper. He placed his hands over Piper’s heart and waited for the healing to start. As he was healing her, he heard Prue moving behind him. He glanced over his shoulder to see her crawling towards him.
“Piper,” she said feebly. “Is she okay?”
“I’m still healing her.” Prue pulled herself next to Leo and grasped Piper’s hand.
“Why’s it taking so long?” she said impatiently.
“It took this long for you too. We almost lost you…” Leo said solemly. Prue looked down at her sister.
“Well, I made it. And Piper will too,” said Prue, trying to convince herself. Come on Piper, I can’t lose you. After what seemed like an eternity, Piper finally came to.
“Piper!” Prue shouted, as she threw herself onto her sister. “Thank God you’re alive.” She kissed Piper on the forehead.
“Get off me!” Piper said, half joking. Prue just looked at her and smiled, before wrapping her arms around her again. Piper looked at Leo, who was waiting patiently for his turn to hold her. She smiled and said,
“You must be gettin’ sick of saving our lives.”
“Never,” Leo said with a grin. “I’m just glad I got here in time. I don’t know what I’d have done if I’d lost either of you.” He pulled Piper into his arms and kissed her softly.
“Where’s Phoebe?” said Prue, concern in her voice.
“She must still be in the underworld”, said Leo. “I can’t sense her.”
“Alright, well then let’s go get her,” Prue said, standing up.
“Woah, I don’t think so. You both nearly died, you’re not strong enough.”
“Leo, she’s our sister, and she’s in trouble,” said Prue. “We’re coming with you.” Leo looked over at Piper, hoping she would take his side.
“We’ll be okay Leo,” said Piper reassuringly. “Just let us come and help you find her.” Leo knew there was no changing their minds. He sighed, and held out his hands.
“Well, let’s go then.”

---------------------------------------------

Down in the underworld, Phoebe and Cole crouched behind a rock, holding each other closely.
“Do you think he saw where we hid?” Phoebe asked Cole breathlessly.
“I don’t think so. But we can’t stay put for long,” Cole said. “We have to keep moving or Shax will find us for sure.”
“Tell me again why we can’t just shimmer out of here?” Phoebe asked impatiently.
“Shax would track my shimmer, and find us in an instant.”
“Ok, well we need a plan then,” Phoebe said.
“I think I have an idea,” said Cole.
“Alright,” said Phoebe. “But I hope it’s better than your last idea, ‘cause being thrown against the wall isn’t exactly my idea of kicking some demon ass.”
“Here’s what we need to,” said Cole, ignoring Phoebe’s insult. “I’m gonna go out by myself and convince Shax that I have turned back to evil. I’ll tell him that I lost you, and that I want to help him find you so I can kill you myself. Then I’ll lead him in the wrong direction.”
“Do you really think he’s gonna buy that?” asked Phoebe skeptically.
“He might if I change into Belthazor. I know it’s a long shot, but at least it gives you time to get away. Leo might still be down here, so if you can find him, he can get you out.”
“Cole, I don’t know…”
“Phoebe, we don’t have another choice,” Cole stated. Just then, Shax came around the corner. “He’s coming,” Cole whispered. “Stay here until we’re gone, and then make a run for it.” He leaned down and gave Phoebe a quick kiss on the lips. “No matter what happens, I’ll always love you.” Tears began forming in Phoebe’s eyes.
“I love you too, Cole,” said Phoebe through the tears. Then Cole morphed into Belthazor and stepped out into the open.
--------------------------------------

If you guys like it, i'll post more. =] Oh, and sorry the paragraphs got really messed up when i copied it onto the post. I hope it's not difficult to read.
Last edited by marissalu415 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marissalu415
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby thefifthsister » Sat May 10, 2008 8:01 pm

*Crowd roar* *Applause*

I love your fanfic Marissa!!! And it only gets better Image

Did you give it a title though? I've been meaning to ask you that. Love it!

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

Postby shannifan » Sat May 10, 2008 9:01 pm

This is GREAT!!! I LOVE IT!!! Please keep on writing! I´m looking forward to read more! Image
shannifan

Postby marissalu415 » Sun May 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanks!! I'm glad y'all like it. Lauren, i don't have a tital yet. Any ideas? Here's some more.

“Why can’t you sense her, Leo?” asked Piper as the group trudged through the caverns of the underworld. “Shouldn’t you be able to track her now since you’re both in the underworld?”
“I don’t know,” said Leo in frustration. “The source must have cloaked her or something.”
“Great,” said Piper. “So she’s all alone, probably being hunted by Shax, and we have no way of finding her.”
“She’s not alone. Cole should be with her,” said Leo.
“Oh, is that supposed to make us feel better?” said Piper angrily. “So she’s with a guy who can’t decide if he loves her or if he wants to kill her?”
“Piper calm down,” said Prue as she placed a hand on Piper’s back. “Fighting is not going to help us find Phoebe. Just take a deep breath.” Piper sighed.
“I know Prue, you’re right,” said Piper, her nerves calming. “I just feel so helpless. Phoebe needs us, and we can’t get to her.”
“I know sweetie,” said Prue, understandingly. “Don’t worry, we’ll find her.”
“Look!” said Leo. Shax stood in the distance, his attention focused on another demon. “Quick, behind here!” said Leo as he motioned Prue and Piper behind a wall. Prue stuck her head out from behind the wall.
“There’s Phoebe!” said Prue excitedly. “Crouched behind that rock.”
“Who’s the other demon?” asked Piper.
“I think it’s Cole,” said Prue.

---------------------------------------------------------------

“Shax,” said Cole, as Belthazor. “Before you do anything, just hear me out. I know I’ve strayed, but I’m back now, and I’m badder than ever. Let’s go get that witch!”
“It’s too late, Belthazor,” said Shax, as he hurled an energy ball at Cole. Cole flew against the wall of the cave, and then crashed down hard to the ground. As he laid there motionless, he changed back into his human form.
“Cole!” screamed Phoebe as she ran out from her hiding place. She ran to Cole’s side, and lifted his head onto her lap. “Cole, please wake up!” said Phoebe through her sobs.
“You stupid little witch,” said Shax with a laugh. “He’s dead. Just like your sisters. And now it’s your turn.” Just as he raised his arm to throw, Prue and Piper came out of nowhere.
“Miss us?” said Prue.
“What?!” growled Shax. “That’s not possible!”
“You really can’t mess with sisters,” said Piper with a smirk. Realizing that he was no match for all three of the Charmed Ones, Shax vanished.
“That’s not the last we’ll see of him,” said Leo. Prue and Piper rushed over to Phoebe.
“Phoebs, are you okay?” said Prue.
“I’m okay,” Phoebe said quietly. “But Cole’s not.” Tears continued to stream down her face. Prue and Piper looked at Phoebe sympathetically and pulled her into a hug. She rested her head on their shoulders, and they held her as she cried.

------------------------------------------------
Since it was the middle of the night, and everyone was tired, Leo and the girls decided that they should get some rest and they would talk things over in the morning. Piper and Leo headed up first to their bedroom. As Phoebe made her way towards the stairs, Prue stopped her.
“Phoebe wait,” called Prue. Phoebe stopped, and turned around to face her sister.
“Yeah?” Phoebe asked. Prue could tell that she was trying not to let her inner pain be heard in her voice. She was not succeeding.
“I know that I wasn’t exactly Cole’s biggest fan,” said Prue. “But I want you to know that I really am sorry. I know how much you loved him. And how much he loved you. And no one deserves to have that taken away from them. Especially not my little sister.” Prue reached out and grabbed Phoebe’s hand. “When I lost Andy, I thought my world was coming to an end. I didn’t think I could make it through another day. But Andy died nobly. By dying, he saved my life. Just like Cole died to save yours. Knowing that is what got me through. It’ll get easier, sis. I promise.” Prue gave Phoebe a sad smile. Phoebe eyes were filled with tears.
“Thanks Prue,” said Phoebe as the tears began to stream down her face. Prue reached her hand out and wiped away Phoebe’s tears. Then the two hugged each other tight.
“Prue, I don’t know what I would have done if I had lost you or Piper,” said Phoebe, still locked in Prue’s grasp. “Thank God for Leo.”

The next morning the manor was quiet. Everyone’s emotions were still reeling from the events of the previous night, but they tried not to dwell on what could have happened. Prue was the first one up, as always, and she sat down at the kitchen table drinking coffee and just thinking. She was glad that she and Piper had decided to stay home from work today. All she wanted to do was stay home and spend some time with her sisters. It was strange to think that they had almost died last night. There had been some pretty close calls before, but none as close as this. At least we’re all still alive.
Piper and Leo walked into the kitchen, with Phoebe not far behind. Some idle chit chat was exchanged, but no one mentioned anything about the previous night. When all were seated, eating breakfast, Leo was the first to address the matter.
“I know no one really wants to talk about this,” said Leo, “but I think we need to. Prue and Piper almost didn’t make it last night. And who knows what could have happened to Phoebe if Shax hadn’t been scared off.”
“Leo, we know,” said Piper, looking down.
“I know, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to put it so bluntly…but we have to realize that Shax will be back.”
“Yeah, but this time I’ll be here with my sisters,” said Phoebe, feeling guilty that she wasn’t there last time.
“Yeah, we’re stronger together,” Prue stated.
“I know,” said Leo. “But Shax knows that too. He’ll do whatever he can to split you up. That’s what he did yesterday, and it almost worked.”
“Well this time, we’ll be ready for him,” said Prue. “We’ll show him what a big mistake it was for him to mess with us.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“You failed, didn’t you,” said the Source coldly. Shax hesistated, then sighed.
“Yes, my lord, but I will not fail again. I’ll get those witches if it’s the last thing I do.”
“Yes, you will,” said the Source. “But there’s one thing you have to do first.”
“My lord?” questioned Shax. “What is it?”
“I have recently come to discover that there is another sister. Another Charmed One,” the Source growled in anger.
“There’s no way I can go up against four of them,” whined Shax.
“Don’t interrupt me!” yelled the Source. “Fool, don’t you think I know that? It would be pure suicide. But lucky for you, this fourth sister doesn’t know she’s a Charmed One. And as far as I know, the other three don’t know of her existence. That is why you need to take her out first. We can’t risk them finding her, and her joining them. Then they truly would be unstoppable. Get her first, and then we’ll concentrate on taking out her sisters.”
“Yes, Master,” said Shax.
“She should be easy prey for you,” said the Source. “She doesn’t know of her magical abilities.”
“Consider it done,” said Shax with a wry smile.
marissalu415

Postby ibon » Mon May 12, 2008 12:41 am

hey marissa... that was good... is it posted in fanfiction.net? i love the story keep it coming...

1 little advice though, if you like you can have double space between a pragraph, or between dialouges... that way it'll be easier to read... especially when we have this bright yellow as font color.. Image
ibon

Postby marissalu415 » Mon May 12, 2008 2:17 am

thanks, charmingbrenda. No, it is not posted at fanfiction.net. I never knew there was such a website.

I'm really sorry about the format. I will try to double space it. It's double spaced in the word document on my computer, but when i copy and past it on here, it gets messed up. I'll try to space it out more from now on. oh, and btw, the italic phrases are thoughts, so they're not spoken aloud. Just wanted to make that clear. =] here's some more:

Paige Matthews sat at her desk in her tiny cubicle at South Bay Social Services. She looked at her heaping pile of paperwork and sighed. When am I gonna get promoted to social worker? She glanced at the clock and noticed that it was after five, so she began wrapping up her work. She wanted to get out of there quickly because she had plans that night. Recently, Paige had been doing some research to try and figure out who her birth parents were. Although she wasn’t sure, she thought she might possibly be somehow related to the Halliwell sisters. Since the middle sister, Piper, owned a nightclub called P3, she thought she would go there and try and talk to her.

A few hours later, Paige arrived at P3. As she descended the stairs, she looked around. The place was jumping, and Led Zeppelin was performing on the stage. Wow, Piper’s club is awesome. She’s done well for herself. Paige soon spotted a woman behind the bar, whom she thought might be Piper. Her thought was confirmed when she heard one of the bartenders call her by that name. As she made her way over to the bar, Prue came over and started talking to Piper. That must be one of her sisters. As Paige got close to the bar, Prue and Piper hugged. Paige stopped. She knew that Piper and her sister must be close. No doubt, all three of them were close. How can I just walk up to them and claim to be a part of their family? Even if I am, they’re so close to each other, they’ll never accept a newcomer…

Disheartened, Paige changed her mind about talking to Piper. As she turned around to leave, she ran into Phoebe and tripped, falling to the floor. Phoebe was immediately thrown into a premonition. She saw the girl that had just bumped into her. And then she saw Shax, killing her. When she returned to reality, she held out a hand to help Paige up.

“Are you okay?” asked Phoebe as she got Paige to her feet. ‘Cause you won’t be soon if my premonition comes true.

“I think so,” said Paige. “Sorry about that. I have this awful habit of not looking where I’m walking.”

“Don’t worry about it,” said Phoebe. I’ve got to figure out who this girl is. “I’m Phoebe. Phoebe Halliwell.”

“Paige,” said Paige. “Paige Matthews.” So this is Phoebe. The other girl with Piper must be Prue then.

“Nice to meet you,” said Phoebe.

“You too,” said Paige. She wanted to say something to her, but she decided against it. “Well, I’ll see you later.” Paige left Phoebe and walked out of the club.

Phoebe hurried over to her sisters who had been watching from behind the bar.

“What was that all about?” asked Prue.

“When that girl bumped into me, I had a premonition,” said Phoebe. “She was getting killed by Shax.”

“What?” said Piper. “Why would Shax go after her? I thought we were at the top of his hit list.”

“I don’t know,” said Phoebe. “I’m just telling you what I saw.”

“Okay, in your premonition, where did he kill her?” asked Prue.

“In an apartment or something,” said Phoebe. “And it happened at night too, so I’m guessing he’s gonna strike sometime tonight.”

“That doesn’t give us much time,” said Prue. She thought for a moment. “What did you say her name was?”

“Paige Matthews,” said Phoebe.

“Do you think Darryl could get her address?” asked Prue.

“It’s worth a shot,” said Phoebe.

“I got it,” said Piper. She picked up the club phone and dialed up Inspector Darryl Morris. After explaining the situation to Darryl and waiting for him to check, she wrote down an address on a piece of paper. Piper thanked Darryl and hung up. Prue looked at the address.

“I know where this is,” she said. “Let’s go.”
-------------------------------------------------------------

Paige had just reached her loft, and she collapsed onto her bed. She was mad at herself for not telling the Halliwell sisters that she might be related to them, but it was just too awkward. More than likely, I’m not related to them anyway. Paige decided that she wasn’t going to pursue the issue. She had been an only child all her life, and she was in no hurry to change that. Just then, her cell phone rang.

“Hello?” said Paige as she answered her phone.

“Paige, it’s Glenn,” said the voice on the other end.

“Glenn? Hey, it’s so nice to hear from you!” said Paige. “It’s been a while.”

“I know,” said Glenn. “But guess what? I’m coming into town tomorrow. I’m staying for a few days.”

“Seriously?” asked Paige excitedly.

“Yes, and I was hoping we could see each other.”

“Of course,” said Paige. “Do you know where you’re staying yet?”

“No, not yet,” said Glenn.

“Great, then you can stay with me,” said Paige. “I’ll pick you up from the airport. What time?”

“Paige, are you sure?” asked Glenn.

“Definitely!” said Paige.

“Alright, my flight gets in at three,” said Glenn. “We have so much to catch up on. I can’t wait to see you, Paige.”

“I can’t wait either,” said Paige. “Okay, I’ll see you at three.”

“Ok, good night,” said Glenn.

Paige smiled as she hung up the phone. Glenn was her best friend, but she hadn’t seen much of him since he moved to Australia. They had even tried dating, but when that didn’t work, they remained best friends. These next few days are going to be great.
-------------------------------------------------
Prue, Piper, and Pheobe were in the car, on their way to Paige’s apartment.

“I know we need to save Paige,” said Piper. “But how are we going to do that when we don’t know how to get rid of Shax?”

“That’s why you’re driving,” Prue said to Piper. “I’m going to astral back to the manor and look for a vanquishing spell in the Book of Shadows.”

“Good idea,” said Phoebe. Prue put her head down like she always did when she was astral projecting. Back at the manor, astral Prue opened the Book of Shadows and frantically searched for Shax. Before long, she found his page. Luckily, there was a spell. Prue repeated the spell out loud a few times while committing it to memory. She then returned back to her body.

“Did you get it?” asked Phoebe.

“Got it,” said Prue. She reached for a pen and paper and wrote down the spell.

“We’re here,” said Piper. The girls got out of the car and ran into the apartment complex.

----------------------------------------------------

Just then, Shax appeared in Paige’s apartment. She screamed at the sight of the hideous monster. She tried to run for the door, but Shax cut her off. She headed to the window, but he threw her against the wall before she got there. Paige got to her feet, and Shax prepared to throw an energy ball at her. Just as he released it, Prue, Piper, and Phoebe burst through the door. They came in just in time to see Paige orb out of the room. The energy ball went through the space where she had been standing, and it hit the wall as Paige orbed back in. She looked around her, confused.

“She just orbed!” exclaimed Piper.

“Yeah, saw that,” said Prue.

“How did she just orb?” asked Piper, puzzled.

“I have no idea,” said Prue.

“Uh, guys,” said Phoebe, as Shax turned towards them. “Maybe we should say the spell now.”

“Good idea,” said Prue.

“Evil wind that blows,
That which forms below,
No longer may you dwell,
Death takes you with this spell.”

As they read the spell, Shax’s body began to twist and convulse, until he vanished.

“He’s gone for good now,” said Prue.

“What was that?” asked Paige shakily. The girls looked at each other.

“A demon,” Phoebe said slowly.

“A demon?” Paige said in an unbelieving tone. “Well then what does that make you guys?”

“Witches,” Prue said slowly.

“Good witches,” Piper added quickly.

“Witches?” said Paige. “I’m losing my mind.” Paige bolted for the door, but Phoebe grabbed her arm.

“Paige wait,” said Phoebe. As she touched Paige’s arm, she was thrown into a premonition. She saw her mother. She was walking up the front porch stairs of a church, carrying a baby. Then the premonition ended. She didn’t know what to make of it.

“Phoebs, what did you see?” asked Prue.

“I don’t know,” said Phoebe. “We can talk about it later. Paige is our main concern now.”

“Paige, did you know you could orb?” asked Piper.

“Orb?” asked Paige. “What does that mean?”

“When Shax through the energy ball at you, you disappeared and then reappeared,” said Pheobe.

“I-I-have no idea how that happened. I’ve never done anything like that before,” said Paige.

“Do you think she’s a future whitelighter?” suggested Piper.

“Leo would know,” said Prue.

“Am I dreaming?” said Paige.

“No sweetie, you’re not dreaming,” said Phoebe. “Why don’t you come with us, and we’ll explain everything.”

“I don’t know,” said Paige.

“Paige, we may have vanquished that thing that came after you,” said Prue. “But if the Source knows you have powers, he’ll send something else after you. You’ll be safer with us.” Phoebe held out her hand.

“It’s okay,” she said sweetly. Reluctantly, Paige took her hand and the four of them left for the manor.

marissalu415

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Mon May 12, 2008 9:34 am

Image this is an awesome story. MORE please MOREEEE.

i can't wait to see how prue gets on with her.Image
lilmisshalliwell

Postby ibon » Mon May 12, 2008 9:41 am

nice update!!! keep it coming hun... Image
ibon

Postby marissalu415 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:58 am

marissalu415

Postby marissalu415 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:11 am

And here's a little more.

The next morning was quiet. Paige’s mind was reeling with crazy thoughts. Do I really have a magical power? I never thought stuff like that actually existed. Paige had so many questions to ask, but she didn’t know where to begin. She looked around at everyone seated at the breakfast table. I wonder if I’m really related to these people. They have magical powers too. But the more she thought about it, the more she convinced herself that she wasn’t related to them. If I really am one of them, why would they have given me away? Their parents wouldn’t have kept three of their daughters and given away one. That doesn’t make sense. Prue was the first to speak, interrupting Paige's thoughts.

“Paige, I know you’ve seen a lot in the last twenty-four hours,” she said. “So we’re gonna do our best to explain to you what we're all about. This might be hard for you to believe, but everything we’re about to say is true. Now, we’ve already told you that we’re witches.”

“But not the evil, ugly, wart-nosed witches that fly around on broomsticks,” said Phoebe.

“Right,” said Prue. “We’re good witches. We have supernatural powers that we use to fight evil beings.”

“What kind of evil beings?” asked Paige.

“Usually demons and warlocks,” said Piper nonchalantly. Paige raised an eyebrow. She said,

“So Shax was…”

“A demon,” finished Phoebe. “A very bad demon who worked for the Source.”

“The Source?” said Paige.

“Oh, the Source of all evil,” said Phoebe. “He’s kinda like the devil, except worse.”

“Anyway,” said Prue. “In the magical world, we are known as The Charmed Ones. We’re strongest when we fight together, and we call that The Power of Three. Some say that we are the most powerful force of good there is.”

“We also have a book with charms and spells that guides us and helps us defeat the bad guys,” said Piper. “It’s called the Book of Shadows.” Paige's mind was flooding with all this new information.

"You guys seem pretty kick-ass," said Paige.

"They are," said Leo with a grin.

“And what are you?” Paige asked, nodding at Leo.

“I’m a whitelighter,” said Leo. “It’s like a guardian angel. I guide witches and future whitelighters. I can orb, just like you.”

“Wow, I can’t believe all this stuff is actually real,” said Paige. “You said you have powers right?” she said, turning to the girls.

“Yup,” said Phoebe. “Prue has the power of telekinesis, so she can move things with her mind. Show her Prue.” Prue focused on the plate of pancakes sitting on the table. With a flick of her wrist, she moved the plate over in front of Paige. Paige jumped, surprised.

“Wow,” said Paige. “That’s so cool! What’s your power Phoebe?”

“I have the power of premonition,” said Phoebe. “So I can’t show it to you, but I get visions of the future, usually when I touch something.”

“And Piper?” said Paige.

“I can freeze time,” said Piper. Piper threw out her hands.

“Woah, Leo’s frozen!” said Paige. Piper looked at Prue.

“Why didn’t she freeze?” Piper asked.

“I don’t know,” said Prue. “Only good witches don’t freeze.”

“What?” said Paige. “Does this mean I’m a witch too?” Piper unfroze Leo.

“Leo, I just froze the room and guess who didn’t freeze?” said Piper.

“What?” said Leo. “Only good witches don’t freeze.”

“Yeah, I know,” said Piper. “But since when is orbing a witch’s power?”

“It’s not,” said Leo.

“What’s going on?” said Paige. “What am I?

“The truth is, we don’t really know,” said Leo.

“But we might be able to find out if you answer a couple questions for us,” said Prue.

“Okay,” said Paige.

“Alright,” said Prue. “Tell us about your family.”

“Well,” said Paige. “I’m an only child. And I had two wonderful parents. But they died when I was in high school…”

“I’m sorry,” said Prue.

“Did they have any sort of magical powers that you knew of?” asked Leo.

“I don’t think so,” said Paige. “But they weren’t my real parents. I was adopted.” The group exchanged glances.

“Do you know anything about your real parents?” asked Prue.

“Well,” said Paige. “Lately I’ve been doing some research to try and figure out where I came from. At one point, I thought I might actually be related to you guys. Strange, I know. But I don’t think I am because your mom died a long time ago, right?”

Yeah,” said Phoebe sadly.

“Well, I don’t know much about my mom,” said Paige. “All I know is that for some reason, she couldn’t keep me. So she dropped me off at a local church and asked them to find a good home for me. She didn’t give them her name, so I don’t have any way of finding her.” Phoebe’s heart skipped a beat. My premonition. Just then, Paige’s cell phone rang. She looked to see who was calling.

“Would you excuse me, I have to take this,” she said.

“Take your time!” said Phoebe. After Paige left, Phoebe said,

“You guys, remember my premonition? Mom was carrying a baby into a church. Just like in Paige’s story.”

“You don’t think…” said Prue. “It couldn’t be.”

“I don’t think that baby mom was holding was one of us,” said Phoebe. “I think it might have been Paige. That would explain why I got the premonition when I touched her arm.”

“Wait a second,” said Piper. “That’s not possible, it must be a coincidence.”

“I thought we didn’t believe in coincidences,” said Phoebe. “Prue, what do you think?”

“I don’t know,” said Prue. “Do you think mom would have kept something like this from us?” Paige returned to the room. The conversation would have to be put on hold.

“That was my friend Glenn on the phone,” said Paige. “He’s coming into town, and he got an earlier flight, so I’m gonna need to go pick him up from the airport. Is it safe for me to stay at my place now?”

“Oh, I don’t know about—“ said Phoebe, but Prue cut her off.

“Yeah, it should be fine,” she said. “We’ll have Leo keep an eye on you. He’s got some whitelighter tricks.” Paige looked suspiciously at Leo.

“Oh, don’t worry,” Leo said. “No invasion of privacy, I promise.”

“Okay,” Paige said slowly. “Well I’ll see you guys then. Thanks for everything.”

“We still have more to talk about,” said Prue. “Can you come by tomorrow?”

“Sure,” said Paige. “See ya.” And then she left.

“Prue, why did you let her go like that?” asked Pheobe. “She might be our sister!”

“I know,” said Prue. “But we need to talk this over and make sure we’re right before we say anything to her.”

“I know how we can find out for sure,” said Piper.
marissalu415

Next

Return to Over to you