[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - The Dream Within A Dream~ Meeting Shannen!

The Dream Within A Dream~ Meeting Shannen!

This is a place for all fan fictions, banners or fanarts.

Postby Linz » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:03 am

Hey guys! This is my new story about meeting Shannen! Other members of the board and I are going ot meet her. Lol :) Image So tonight I will start with just me because I have to talk to those other people before I put them in this Image I should point out that this is a total fantasy/fictional story! Some things that happen are ridiculous, but written all for pure fun/entertainment! Image So... enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***********************

I was headed out to LA to audition for Shannen Doherty's new show.

I went out to LA after my graduation in May 2005. I went on my last dollar, took a bus to Los Angeles because plane tickets would have taken all of my money. I auditioned for the show, having no idea what the outcome would be. I assumed that there were thousands of prettier and more talented girls for the role than I was. But, happily, I was wrong.

Two extremely nerve wracking days after the audition, I got a call from Shannen's assistant.

"Hello." I said, as I picked up my cell phone. I lived in a youth hostel with ten other people. Everyone thought I was crazy for going to Los Angeles by myself and with only $700. But my online friends had been very supportive of me so I listened to them and boy was I glad I did!

"Lindsay.... hi this is Deena. I am Shannen Doherty's assistant. I am calling you because Shannen watched your audition tape and she loved it! She wants to meet with you. Are you free tomorrow?" Deena asked.

I was speechless, I couldn't breathe and my heart was racing but I knew I had to answer. "Yes! Yes I am free tomorrow." I replied. I was jumping up and down!

I sat down on my bed before I fainted. "Okay I need you to meet me at Universal Studios at noon tomorrow. Is that possible?" Deena asked.

"Yes. Anything for Shannen! Yes i will be there." I said. Tears welled up in my eyes, I was so excited.

"Okay Lindsay I will meet you out front. Have a great day sweetie." Deena said.

"Same to you Deena. Thank you." I said and then hung up the phone. I stared at my wall for a minute. I had to process what was going through my head.

"Okay..... tomorrow I am going to meet Shannen Doherty! Oh my god! My dream of meeting Shannen and being on her show is actually..... coming true! AH!" I said to myself out loud. I couldn't believe it, it seemed impossible, unreachable but it was actually happening!

I immediately dialed my mom. "Hello." Stephanie said.

"Mom! Oh my god, you're never going to believe this! I auditioned for Shannen's show, you know, and her assistant just called me and I am going to meet with her tomorrow! Can you believe it?" I asked.

"Honey, I'm so happy for you!" Stephanie said.

"I know thanks! Okay let me talk to Aaron." I said.

"Aaron.... I auditioned for the show and I am meeting with Shannen tomorrow! Everything I have worked for and talked about my whole life..... meeting Shannen, being an actress.... is coming true!" I said.

Aaron was so shocked. "I am happy for you, that's awesome! I knew it would happen for you. I just knew it Lindsay because you are so persistent!" Aaron said.

I was so happy I felt like I was flying. My dreams were coming true and nobody ever thought they would. Boy, have I proved them wrong. I told everyone in the youth hostel what was happening and they were all really excited for me.

"Okay, I have to go to bed now because tomorrow I have to meet Shannen! So, I have to look good and go over my monologue one more time." I said and then I went to my room and had to force myself to go to sleep because I was so excited. "Oh... tomorrow I have to go online and tell Kate, Kristin, Matt, Di, Haylie, Kelly and everybody!" I reminded myself aloud. I would later ask Shannen if I could bring them out to Los Angeles for the taping of the show if I did indeed get the partl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**********************Okay guys let me know what yout hink! I gtg to bed now so I will TTYL! I will meet her tomorrow and then some of you will later toO! Image

-Lindsay
Last edited by Linz on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Linz
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby Prudence#1 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:14 am

Great story Lindsay
Thanks *Zetti* for my avartar

A dream is not a dream if you dont believe in it.
Prudence#1

Postby Linz » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:58 pm

Thank you so much! : )

-Linds
Linz

Postby shannenchicafan » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:10 pm

Lindsay I love it. I smiled the whole time!

Thank You and Love YA,
Haylie
shannenchicafan

Postby Kristin Marie » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:29 pm

Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby Linz » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:40 pm

The next morning I wole up and left the house at 10 am to get a taxi to Universal Studios. I had only lived in Los Angeles for about a month and it was amazing that this was already happening. I was thanking God every second. I was so deep in thought that the drive went by very fast and before I knew it, I was walking up to the studio.

There was a pretty lady standing in front of the studio who I assumed was Deena. My assumption was proven correct when she smiled and said my name. "Lindsay." She waved. I walked over to her and she turned and started walking inside.

"Follow me. Shannen was very impressed by your tape. She kept talking about you last night." Deena said. I smiled and said, "Well I'm glad, I tried my hardest."

"Well you did a good job dear." Deena said, smiling as she pushed the elevator button.

"Thank you." I said, smiling.

We got off the elevator and walked onto the set of the show. I looked around and took it all in. Wow, I was really on a real set! This was amazing to me, my dream was becoming a reality.

A lady was sitting in a chair that said Director on the back, she had long dark hair. I just knew that it was Shannen and I was correct when she turned around to face us. She smiled.

I was so shocked, my eyes widened when she started walking over to Deena and I, who were standing side by side.

"Hi. Its so nice to finally meet you." I said, turning my head to the side shyly and smiling. Shannen smiled.

"Its nice to meet you too sweety. Lindsay, I was very impressed by your audition tape. I know you're the girl I want for one of the character's on the show." Shannen said. She giggled my immediate reaction and hugged me. I started to cry out of extreme happiness.

"Thank you.... I'm sorry its just that I've wanted to meet you for so long and I've dreamt about this and being on a TV show, especially yours, my whole life. Its just surprising me that its happening. I came to LA with $700 and I live in a youth hostel. I just didn't expect for anything to happen at all." I said, wiping my eyes. Shannen hugged me again.

"Its okay sweety, I understand totally. I believe that you will make my show a big hit. You got the lead role." Shannen said, smiling.

"Thank you so much! I am happy to be here. Its amazing that this is happening." I said. We talked for a long time and SHannen gave me the script for the pilot episode. After the show had aired for awhile ,i decided that I would ask Shannen if we could hold a meeting with some of the people from the site and they could meet her and come to the set! I couldn't wait to tell them about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*********************
Okay gtg to dance I wil ladd again ASAP! Image

-Lindsay
Linz

Postby shannenchicafan » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:46 pm

Lindsay,
Really nice cant wait to read more!

Thank You and Love YA,
Haylie
shannenchicafan

Postby Linz » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:44 am

Last edited by Linz on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linz

Postby Linz » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:42 am

We finished shooting all of the episodes for season one. It had been 7 months since the show had been out and to my surprise, it didn't get cancelled and my dream of being a famous actress came true. I made appearances on Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel Live, MAD TV, SNL, etc.

I finally had money to support my family and friends! I bought my home back that was sold in my parents divorce, a black Escalade, and I gave money to charities. I even had enough money to buy both my brothers, and parents, brand new cars and my mom the house in South Beach Maimi on Star Island that we both loved, plus a big red boat! I paid all of my parents bills too! I gave a ton of money to charity also because I believe that that is important! It was the most amazing feeling in the world to be able to give back and still be blessed with so much.

Today, Shannen and I were hanging out and eating lunch at a Cafe in Los Angeles. People were actually giving us our space, except for paparazzi of course, which was nice! I decided that now was the time to ask her about bringing everyone out to LA to see the set and meet her, as they had wanted to do it for so long.

I took a drink of my water and then said, "Umm Shan.... I need to ask you something."

"What is it sweety?" Shannen asked, looking at me concerned at first until I spoke again. She tilted her head to the side.

"Well.... you know how you post on shannen-doherty.net?" I asked. She nodded and smiled. I knew she was thinknig of all the great fans that she had on the site!

"Well.... I was wondering if we could bring them here to the set. They would love to meet you and I would love for them to see the set. They know a little bit about it from my posting the pictures on the site but I want them to see it for real! You know Dianna, Kristin, Haylie, Matt, but I also want you to meet Kate, my good friend in Virginia, and Kelly, who reads all of my stories on the site." I finished, hoping she would like the idea and respond positively.

Shannen thought about it for a moment. "That would be really neat Linds! We are going to the Oprah show in a month. We could bring them on the show with us." Shannen said, smiling.

I gasped and my eyes widened. "That would be SO cool! But.... does Oprah care?" I asked.

"Honey its Oprah! I don't think so she will go with the flow! I'll call her later and forewarn her about it so she knows what's going on." Shannen replied. I nodded and smiled.

"This is great! I will call them all and tell them to book flights to Chicago one day before the show and we can stay in the Renaissance Hotel. Its all on me!" I said, giggling.

"Well sweety we can split the cost, deal?" Shannen asked, taking a bite of her hamburger.

I laughed. "Deal." Then I took a bite of my salad.

"Lady.... I wish I could eat that way and stay beautiful like you. You're gorgeous!" I said.

"So are you honey! You are so cute and I lvoe your personality." Shannen said, smiling and pinching my cheek. I just laughed. I was still in awe that I was having lunch with SHannen Doherty, my favorite actress, and I myself was a star! I still felt amazing and always thank God every second for this amazing life that I now have! Thirty minutes later we were done eating and we shopped for about four hours and then I went to Shannen's house to spend the night with her. We watched movies and ate tons of ice cream together before we both fell asleep on her comfortable couch in her living room.

The next say, I contacted Kristin, Dianna, Haylie, Matt, Kate and Kelly and told them what was going on. They were getting a plane to Chicago and I was paying for it. Deena and I would pick them up because I wanted them to meet Shannen in the hotel instead of the Escalade because I felt it would be more sentimental and special. Shannen contacted Kristin's aprents and spoke to them for several hours and they cleared things up. It was so nice for Kristin because for the first time ever she could live without the stress of her family always hating on Shannen! Benny, my driver, was driving us to the airport. We pulled up to Chiacgo Midway Airport. I decided to fly them in to Midway instead of O'Hare Airport because it was SO huge. Deena and I stepped out of the car and I started walking inside the airport and counted as I was walking. Deena did the same thing. Ten seconds and someone recognized me! It was the coolest feeling to be so admired and I hoped to god that I was a positive role model and had touched people's lives in some way, especially people my age! We were being swarmed by people for autographs and I signed as many as I could, I'd say about thirty quick autographs but I told people to visit my website and let mek now they were at this airport and leave addresses and I would send them autographs in the mail! I hated doing that because I never wanted to disappoint people like that but there were so many and it would have taken hours to sign them all.

We finally got through the doors and security had to take us to the gate on a golf cart so we could acutally get there! We got to the gate and I saw Haylie and then I saw everyone else around her and I could just tell who was who by looking, and Matt was an easy one to guess because he was the only male!

"Hey! its SO good to see you guys! All this time of talking online and its awesome to meet face to face! Haylie, how are you? How's the family?" I asked, hugging her and everyone else.

"Good. They said hello." Haylie said.

"Cool. Well guys lets go get your bags! I am SO excited to have you here! Oh my gosh I was so happy when SHannen mentioned for you guys to come on Oprah with us! She is brilliant, I swear!" I said,

"We know." Everyone said, we all laughed.

"Guys... this is Deena, Shannen's assistant and she has become my guardian! She's a very sweet lady." I said.

"Nice to meet you." Kate said, shaking her hand.

"Its so cool guys, after all this time we finally meet! Its awesome! You guys are the ones who kept me sane through all those crazy times!" I said, smiling at them all.

"So you have hung out with Shannen a lot?" Kristin asked.

"Oh gosh Kris! I have seen her everyday for the past 8 months! She is basically my second mom now!" I said, giggling. Deena laughed and nodded.

"Tell us all about it Linds!" Matt said, as we picked up thier bags.

"I will.... in the Escalade!" I said, smiling.

"Nice!" Everyone said , laughing. I nodded and smiled. Then, we headed out to the car so that we could talk about the woman who had made all this possible for me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*******************
I believe that the title for thsi story is SO appropriate! The DREAM within a DREAM~ It fits well! If it EVER became a reality that would KICK ASS! LOL! Don't you think? Cause I sure freakin' do! LOL! GTG I will add more ASAP! Image

-Linds
Last edited by anonymous on Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linz

Postby Kristin Marie » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:49 am

Okay, Sis......you MUST let Shannen read this.

You know like I said, go for it, Lind and I PM you with something....its something to think about....

I am guessing you will be in CA for college. My dad's friends who lives in CT with them. Well, there son lives in CA right now and he's an extra. He was on OC....All I know that he's loving it and very handsome I should say.

Love and Hugs,

Kristin

I am praying for you everyday, Lind and I am so proud of you. Image and Shannen would be too.
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Over to you