[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Phoebe's escape from the Underworld

Phoebe's escape from the Underworld

Come here to discuss Charmed's Prue Halliwell and the other characters of the hit show. Sound inviting?

Postby thefifthsister » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:32 pm

It was never explained in the show how Cole, Phoebe and Leo got out of the Underworld after AHBL. However, in the book Charmed Again (based on the screenplay I believe) it is explained and I thought I'd share it with those who have not read the book...

"But seeing Phoebe suffer his own fate was more than Cole could bare. At the last minute he had rescued his beloved from demonhood, and for that the Source had punished him.
This time it was Prue's life he took with the aid of his assassin Shax"

I'm sure I remember reading a bit about Leo orbing in to heal them but Prue was already dead by the time he got there. But I can't find that bit in the book.

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby littlemissbad » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:28 pm

you know, i love charmed so much....but when i watch AHBL i get so mad. leo could heal the p3 sign in season 4, but he couldnt heal prue?

i wanna smack the writters of that show sometimes. i know shannen wanted to leave, but they could have sort of....i dont know....done something eles to prue.

xoox Image
littlemissbad

Postby digitalghost » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 am

maybe prue died not piper cuz she got blasted through the wall 1st. and leo came in late and blah blah blah etc.
digitalghost

Postby shannenzbitch » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:05 am

shannenzbitch

Postby littlemissbad » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:12 pm

littlemissbad

Postby shannenzbitch » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:22 am

shannenzbitch

Postby digitalghost » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:24 am

okay these are my thoughts, but they'll probably change from reading interviews of all the cast members(they always do)

so umm i'm not sure okay so dont go all crazy. just my thoughts.....so shannen leaving was planned way before 3x22 AHBL. so gradually in season 3 the writers had to think how will this character, prue, exit. would it be her floating up to heaven or something? tragic death? an elder or whitelighter? so my guess is the season finale had to huge, a cliffhanger. so that season 4 would be huge. people would wanna know, "what happens next?" you know. 3x22 was written by brad kern and directed by doherty. and i think i read that doherty wrote a little w/kern. prue's death is a really good story line and a jump start for season 4. i don't think the writers, or whoever does the show, were like "oh she's leaving, we're make her character die, a horrible and painful death." nooo it wasn't like that, this episode is a freakin huge, HUGE part of charmed history. maybe prue in a happy-ever-after thing was boring, so you know, maybe this episode would shock people. making you watch it over and over again(i know you do) i mean, who the hell watch's forever charmed over and over again, 8x22 was so sad, i don't know why. anyway....AHBL was a good, awesome, holy crap freakin....omg i can't even....ha it was...let's just say good work shannen, amazing. i'm stunned til this day....

plz don't shoot me... Image
digitalghost

Postby thefifthsister » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:07 pm

According to Holly it wasn't until after 3x22 had been shot that they knew Shannen wasn't coming back. Shannen had asked to be released from her contract but it wasn't until she was filming Another Day that the producers said she no longer had a contract with them anymore. But let's not go down that road. Shannen has said many times that she doesn't want to discuss what happened and her reasons for leaving are her own!

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

Postby shannenzbitch » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:33 pm

shannenzbitch

Next

Return to Prue Halliwell