Prue's Changing

Come here to discuss Charmed's Prue Halliwell and the other characters of the hit show. Sound inviting?

Prue's Changing

Postby pruehalliwell813 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:47 am

Did anyone notice how Prue changed as the 3 years shannen was on there i dont mean any of this in a bad cause i love shannen and i love prue but i mean her personality and charactor like she seemed so perfessional & motherly(towards phoebe & piper) in the first season like when she worked for bucklands but as season 2 & 3 went on she seemed more like a sister to them i mean she protected them still i dont know how to explain it but some how she changed all for the good though. Image sorry im rambling Image but i havent posted much on here and i havent been here in awhile either.
pruehalliwell813
New Shannen Fan

Prue's Changing

Postby shandoisawesome » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:57 am

Yeah i get what you mean... She has evolved as a character... Image

She is really great.

So talented and and inspiration
shandoisawesome
New Shannen Fan

Prue's Changing

Postby marissalu415 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:20 am

I agree. In season one she was really sort of uptight and more motherly. But in seasons 2 and 3 she really loosened up a lot. I remember hearing Shannen say in an interview that took place during season 2 that she was happy that Prue was loosening up. She became more fun, and more like a sister and friend. =]
marissalu415
Very Important Shannen Fan

Prue's Changing

Postby shannifan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:16 am

I know what you mean! And chuck, you´re right! But I think Piper changed a lot, too! First she was so calm and unsure but then she got more self-confident and she learned to live with her power what she first couldn´t imagine! I mean she was the one who was scared whether being a witch is really good!
Anyway, Shannen did a really great job! In everything! And I love her and Prue, too!

*hugs* Image
shannifan

Prue's Changing

Postby littlemissbad » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:12 pm

prue did change a lot in the 3 seasons, and i think that was fab acting on shannens part.

xoox Image
littlemissbad

Prue's Changing

Postby shannen90210prue » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:45 pm

I noticed it too.
Last edited by shannen90210prue on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shannen90210prue

Prue's Changing

Postby shannifan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:02 pm

I also think that Piper had kind of a mother role in the first season, too! I mean Prue acted like a mother and Piper cared like a mother! Once, before Piper and Leo were together, Phoebe said to Leo ( for that he takes her and not Piper) something like "just think she´s your mom, I´m doing it, too! She always cares about everyone..." It´s not exactly what she said and I know she said it just to put herself in the spotlight, but I think she was kinda right, wasn´t she?

Oh, I forgot, I think Shannen did in the whole series a great job, not just with the change, but I think you think this, too!
Last edited by shannifan on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shannifan

Prue's Changing

Postby smck82uk » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:08 pm

Yes Prue evolved as a character with each passing season

Season 1 - Very career minded driven by her career at Bucklands and very protective and motherly towards both Piper and Phoebe. The only sister involved in a ongoing serious relationship with Andy

Season 2 - Andys death and other issues force her to take a look at her life which she realises is too focused on her work and being the breadwinner decides to take a chance with her passion of photography. No longer looks on work as her number 1 loosens up ALOT and becomes more easy going like Phoebe. No serious relationship only brief flings with both Jack & Bane.

Season 3 - Prue is now completely dedicated to being a Charmed One and a witch her powers have grown as has she as a person she is her strongest yet as a person and is obsessed with the Source and confronting him. No romance at all besides a couple of meaningless dates Prue now craves finding her Mr Right but is also very independant. This was the Prue I loved most but I loved all Prues transitions over 66 episodes.
smck82uk
Shannen Wanna Be

Prue's Changing

Postby paulahalliwell » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:38 pm

I loved her evolution throught out the three seasons i think if she could stay longer she would be even better... Image
paulahalliwell
Shannen Fanatic

Next

Return to Prue Halliwell