[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - unaired pilot charmed

unaired pilot charmed

Come here to discuss Charmed's Prue Halliwell and the other characters of the hit show. Sound inviting?

unaired pilot charmed

Postby marissalu415 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:43 am

I just watched it, and i agree. Prue was a lot more reluctant, Phoebe had to practically force her to say the power of three spell. And yeah, it was lacking in detail. The whole Prue/Andy thing was barely developed at all. They hardly talked throughout the whole thing. And then there was a ton of dialogue differences and some of the scenes took place in different areas.

I can't say i really liked it that much, but it was interesting seeing how different it was. I can't imagine the whole show without Alyssa Milano. She really was perfect for the role of Phoebe. Lori Rom was all wrong. I don't know how to explain it, but she just didn't seem like a good fit. Her lines seemed really forced and unnatural. And she just didn't seem to be the youngest sister type. Just my opinion. I'm so glad that she backed out and Alyssa Milano was casted. Cuz like it or not, Phoebe did add a lot to the show. Especially in the first three seasons, she was always the wild and free one, which lightened things a bit. And she was funny, which is something Lori didn't really show. I know it's so hard to imagine anyone else playing Phoebe after seeing Alyssa play her for eight seasons, so it's hard not to be biased. But even judging by just the pilot episodes, Alyssa just made Phoebe a much more likeable, fun character.

So yeah, it was kind of cool watching the unaired pilot, but it really just reminded me of how lucky we were that Alyssa Milano came along.
Last edited by marissalu415 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
marissalu415
Very Important Shannen Fan

unaired pilot charmed

Postby oliveiral » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:47 am

Last edited by oliveiral on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oliveiral
New Shannen Fan

unaired pilot charmed

Postby digitalghost » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:10 am

i didn't like Prue's "whoa" in the unaired pilot
digitalghost

unaired pilot charmed

Postby littlemissbad » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:38 pm

littlemissbad

unaired pilot charmed

Postby littlemissbad » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:32 pm

k you know what, i watched it again....... and not so good, it was ok but not so good Image

xoxo Image
littlemissbad

unaired pilot charmed

Postby brianne » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:01 pm

brianne

unaired pilot charmed

Postby thefifthsister » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm

Most shows have two pilots, one is the basic "here's what we want you to do and let's see if we want to keep you afterwards" and then ones the proper one to sell to the studios. Has anyone ever seen the Buffy one? That was truly awful, there where things in that that never came up until season two or three and there was a different actress cast as Willow. In that case, she was recast, unlike Lori who backed out of the show. But I bet that Shannen and Holly sat down and watched it and made notes on their performances and decided to change them. Holly said her and Shannen would often go over a script like that.

It's just one extra thing to see Shannen and Holly in in my book. Unaired pilots are fun to watch for the fact that they have a cheap budget so they're going to be poorly made and to spot which bits get taken out or altered Image Although, I admit that I have only seen clips of this.

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

unaired pilot charmed

Postby marissalu415 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:35 pm

marissalu415

unaired pilot charmed

Postby kris » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:58 pm

I watched this aaaages ago, and if I remember rightly there's just something a little bit off with it. I also think Alyssa fits in better as a Halliwell sister, not because there's anything wrong with Lori, Alyssa's just more like Shannen and Holly making the sister thing more believable.

And as for the whole Chris Boyd thing. Yeh, he's alright to look at, but he still seems too "high school jock" rather than detectivey.
"People who claim they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us. It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. " — Gregory Maguire.
kris

unaired pilot charmed

Postby heatherd » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:36 pm

heatherd
Shannen Wanna Be

PreviousNext

Return to Prue Halliwell