[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Who should've been more powerful Wyatt or Chris

Who should've been more powerful Wyatt or Chris

Come here to discuss Charmed's Prue Halliwell and the other characters of the hit show. Sound inviting?

Postby monstervsangels » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:12 am

I ask this because when Wyatt was born, Leo was just a whitelighter. Yet when Chris was born, Leo was an elder, so wouldn't he be the more powerful one?

monstervsangels
Shannen Fanatic

Postby sweissman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:38 am

I think there's a lot of factors you have to take into consideration when talking about who's more powerful, first you have the whole first born theory in which people think the first born is the most powerful which would make Wyatt the most powerful of the two, but then you also have to consider powers in general I think; Prue was the first born so you would think she'd be more powerful than Piper, but power-wise...what's more powerful then being able to freeze someone and stop them in their tracks one moment only to blow them up seconds later? So by that logic, if a half-whightlighter has to have passive powers, wouldn't a half-elder have to have extremely passive powers? Thus, again, I'd think Wyatt would win. However, Elders are more powerful than whitelighters because they're over them in the magical food chain - in that respect Chris would be more powerful.

You also have to take into consideration though, I'd think, who practices their craft more (or who's most well versed in what their powers can do - like Prue did studying that time about astral projection) because that would equal being more prepared and thus more powerful in the sense of readiness; you could also add in the factor of who's had their powers the longest if they both practice the same amount of time - just because it leans itself to practicing longer and being more prepared once again. From what we saw on the show it'd be easy to say Wyatt was the most powerful because everyone always talked about his unlimited amount of powers being a twice-blessed child, but how do we know that Chris didn't have the same and all he needed for the time he was in was orbing and telekinesis so he didn't show any other powers off? We could even put Melinda in this argument as to who's the most powerful because she'd be just a witch like Piper since Leo was mortal when she was born so she'd be open to having powers that weren't bound by half of who she is...so she could actually be like Piper and be more powerful than her siblings even though she's not a first born or someone who practices their craft all the time like Phoebe did early on; there's just a lot of factors to take into consideration I think.

Like many things with 'Charmed', nothing is as simple as "who is?", "what is?", "what if?" or "why?". Image Hope this helps a little anyways though. Image
sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

Postby triquetra » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:10 pm

I think Wyatt, I prefer the firstborn-theory...
But one question, when Leo became an Elder, why didn't he received purple orbing?

Gideon had it... and many of the other Elders didn't...
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
triquetra
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby lover » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:16 pm

Wyatt, it's been made more than clear that Wyatt has ultimate powers, Chris always felt weaker than him. What powers did he have? Normal whitelighter power minus healing, plus Telekinesis. Wyatt had all the powers in the world.
lover

Postby jewels313 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:39 am

wyatt because he is the first born witch, and they are suppose to be the strongest!
jewels313

Postby shadofreak » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:15 pm

shadofreak

Postby rachaelmcd » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:05 pm

cant i just correct you anyway vanana banana?
rachaelmcd

Postby sweissman » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:30 am

sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

Return to Prue Halliwell