How did you first discover Charmed?

Come here to discuss Charmed's Prue Halliwell and the other characters of the hit show. Sound inviting?

Postby marissalu415 » Thu May 22, 2008 11:34 pm

I saw a thread like this in another forum, so i decided to make one here. Basically just write about how you first discovered Charmed.

Ok, so it was about four years ago. Back then i used to watch 7th Heaven, so i would see advertisements for Charmed on the WB, but i had never actually watched it. One day, i was flipping through the channels, and Charmed came on the WB. It believe it was the season 6 premiere because they were wearing Valkyrie outfits. Well, since i had never seen the show before, i assumed that they always dressed like that, and i thought that was really weird. (Little did i know, they actually have amazing fashion sense Image) Anyway, so then my sister came into the room, and she said, "This is that stupid show Charmed. Change the channel." So, since i already thought it was weird, i changed the channel without a second thought. I never watched Charmed again until September of 2007. My car was in the shop, so i was sitting in the waiting room, listening to my ipod. I looked over at the tv, and Charmed was on TNT. I took out my headphones and started watchig it. It was another season 6 episode. I was able to recognize the show, but i still didn't know much about it. I continued to watch it, but then my car was done so i left. The next day, i turned on the TV at the same time to watch it, cuz i was starting to get interested. I was delighted to find that it was on for two hours each day. So from then on, i was hooked!

But i was still very ignorant. At first, i thought all three of them could orb. And i had no idea what a whitelighter was. Also, i didn't know anything about Prue. It wasn't until i did some online research that i found out about her. But once i found out about her, i pretty much hated her for no reason. I liked the power of three as Piper, Phoebe, Paige because that's what i first knew it as, and to me Prue ruined it. So, i bought season 4 on dvd and started watchin from there on. After a while, i got season 1 and i thought i was just going to have to put up with Prue being there instead of Paige. Well, after watching season 1, Prue became my instant favorite! And even though i didn't think i would like the first three seasons, they became my favorite seasons! So yeah, that's my story. =]

EDIT
Oops, this was supposed to be in the Prue Halliwell section. oh well, i guess it fits here as well.
Last edited by marissalu415 on Thu May 22, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marissalu415
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby kelly47 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:59 am

Well, the first episode I ever watched was season 2's Morality Bites, when it first aired in Australia, 8 years ago. Before I'd seen it, based on the name, I just assumed it was bad. I thought it would be something like the show "Jag"(not saying that's a bad show, I was 10 at the time and naive I guess) and was stubborn and wouldn't watch it. One night I guess I was bored and my mum told me to sit down and watch Charmed, I tuned in to the moment that Prue and Piper were in the street and Piper had frozen everything. I just instantly fell in love with the show and never missed an episode after that. I felt pretty stupid for misjudging it like that too. Now I've got all of the DvDs and always watch it. Image
kelly47

Postby shadofreak » Fri May 23, 2008 6:10 pm

I started last Summer. Image
How sad is that?!
The first episode I watched was Its a 4xbad world pt 2.
And Ive been hooked ever since.. Image
shadofreak

Postby paulinepl » Fri May 23, 2008 7:58 pm

It was July 5th when I first saw Charmed. It was 16th episode of 1st season ("Which Prue is it anyway?"). To be honest, at first I was making a fun on my sister which had been watching it before, but when I saw one episode of Charmed, I immediately fell in love in it! Since then, I have watched almost all episodes and still I do Image

It is one of my fave tv series.

#hugs#
Non vivere, sed valere vita.
paulinepl

Postby marissalu415 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:38 pm

My sisters used to make fun of me for watching it, but now they love it!
marissalu415

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Sat May 24, 2008 1:22 pm

It was when it first started i began watching. i thought it would be interesting. I love everything witchy and i loved shannen from 90210 and alyssa from whos the boss. so yea from the beginning. I stopped watching it as regular when prue died as i didn't want to see anyone replace her.I stll watched it now and then but not as addictively.
lilmisshalliwell

Postby marissalu415 » Sat May 24, 2008 3:12 pm

^I wish i would have watched it from the beginning. But i was a little young, i was only 8 when it came out. So you first started liking Shannen from 90210? Which show do you like better, that or Charmed? Just wondering. You see, Charmed is my favorite Shannen project, and idk if it's because it was the first one i saw or if most people like it the best.
marissalu415

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Sat May 24, 2008 3:40 pm

i don't know in 90210 shes more teenagery if you get me. More relaxed in her role. I really liked her as Laverne in 'fame is where you find it', and of course, she reminded me of myself. In Charmed shes more serious, more independant, the way i've grown to accept her personality. I loved her in both.but i'd have to say it kinda 50-50 i loved anything she did.
lilmisshalliwell

Postby marissalu415 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:01 am

Interesting. Yeah, i've watched about half of season 1 of 90210, and i totally know what you mean when you say she's more teenagery. More immature, but also more of a free spirit. Idk, maybe i'll have a different opinion when i finish watching all of 90210, but for now, Prue is my favorite Shannen character. I love everything about her, i really do. She's so strong and caring and seriously, the best big sister. I'm the oldest of four sisters, and I always think, "i wish i was as good of a sister as Prue." lol. Anyway, i think Brenda is adorable, but Prue is still my favorite. I like a lot of her movie characters too, but you don't really get to know movie characters as well as tv show characters. You get to see so much more of tv show characters, and get to know so many facets of their personality.
marissalu415

Postby littlemissbad » Sun May 25, 2008 12:09 pm

shouldnt this be in the charmed suite. xoxox Image
littlemissbad

Next

Return to Prue Halliwell