[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Phoebe's baby

Phoebe's baby

Come here to discuss Charmed's Prue Halliwell and the other characters of the hit show. Sound inviting?

Phoebe's baby

Postby mingbear » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:08 am

What do you think would've happened if she had given birth to the Source's baby? Could she have killed her own son?
mingbear
Very Important Shannen Fan

Phoebe's baby

Postby lil4leafclover » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:55 pm

Wow, thats actually a really interesting thought.

Well... I am not too sure if she would have not. She had a hard time killing Cole before. Maybe she would have attempted to try to make it turn good. Like, it's a baby, I'm sure it doesn't have to brains to act upon evil.

But if it was a greater threat and it couldn't be helped, I'm sure she would have sacrificed him for the greater good.

xoxo

~Lil4leafclover
lil4leafclover
Major Shannen fan

Phoebe's baby

Postby magijohn » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:51 pm

magijohn

Phoebe's baby

Postby mingbear » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 pm

Well, to give her some credit, she fought it the whole show and the baby was controlling her when it was taken. I'm not sure. I think she might've eventually, maybe. Then again, as a mother, I think it might've turned her evil for good then. So I'm reallynot sure. I guess there are some blessings that she didn't, eh?
mingbear

Phoebe's baby

Postby magijohn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:31 am

Personally, I don't think we were ever shown that the baby was anything but aware, powerful and confused as all get out. We think he was evil because phoebe thought it and the seer wanted his power. Yet in other episodes, the writers show that demon babies can overcome their parentage and be good. I never liked how the show handled this story...Phoebe (to me) seemed way out of character, and didn't seem to care at all about the child. Seemed to me she couldn't wait to be rid of it.
magijohn

Phoebe's baby

Postby mingbear » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:56 am

It was the beginning of the end for the Charmed writers. They sucked from then on out. It did seem out of character. But then, the other baby they showed was only half demon. Of course, so was Phoebe's. As I said, it confused me from a parent stand point. I don't get it. Do you think they could've reformed baby Source?
mingbear

Phoebe's baby

Postby magijohn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:58 pm

I would think phoebe would have at least tried. The baby was half good, don't forget. Add in the fact that cole was never really portrayed as all evil even as the source, the poor kid was only a quarter evil at most! I just think the whole storyline was handled poorly. Course if i was more of a writer, I've always had (what i think is) a great idea for the return of cole and phoebe's child. Oh well, not a gift I think I've got.
magijohn

Phoebe's baby

Postby mingbear » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:03 pm

You could give someone else the idea and let them write it so long as you get credit for some of it. Out of curiousity, what is it? PM me if you don't wanna share here.
mingbear

Phoebe's baby

Postby magijohn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:03 pm

I'll do that tonight. It'll take me a bit to put it into words, I'm more of a scene person. I picture stories as scenes in my head rather than in descriptive words.
magijohn

Phoebe's baby

Postby mingbear » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:08 pm

That's how most people do. Also why writer's block is so hard to get past. I think I've finally decided on what Phoebe would do. She would keep the baby and try to raise him correctly. Then she'd probably try a stripping or a binding potion/spell. If all else failed, she'd do it, but she'd never recover. Not like she was after she vanquished Cole.
mingbear

Next

Return to Prue Halliwell