[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Question on Seasons 4+

Question on Seasons 4+

Come here to discuss Charmed's Prue Halliwell and the other characters of the hit show. Sound inviting?

Question on Seasons 4+

Postby magijohn » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:08 am

Is it me, or Do start making less sense in season 4 and get worse from there? One example - Season 5 chris appears at the end and basically engineers the seperation of piper and leo by steering leo into becoming an elder. First problem: Why did piper and leo seperate? Leo is around just as much in season 6 as ever. Why did their marriage have to end? Problem 2: In season 6 chris is revealed as piper and leo's 2nd son. He then struggles to get them together again so he can be concieved. Why'd he engineer the seperation in the first place?

Am i missing something? Just plain dumb? Heeeelp!

magijohn
Very Important Shannen Fan

Question on Seasons 4+

Postby sweissman » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:07 am

One reason I feel is of course producer Brad Kern....Chris was his little brain child and why he even brought him on to begin with is beyond me, but I do know Chris was originally not Piper's and Leo's son as Holly herself said nothing was said on the subject until she revealed she was pregnant so for a storyline to just change like that....I got to go with believing Holly in saying he didn't mean for him to be their kid until that happened and he used it to his twisted advantage. Personally, I never really saw the need for Chris or the whole season 6 "break-up" ordeal - it was all totally uncalled for if you ask me; sure the whole thing about saving Wyatt...okay, whatever, but still - did he really just have to be their son? I think not.

Season 4 I have to say was good though so I can't agree with you about that as I personally think it was the last best season of the show, but you do make a point in saying that everything started to go down after it and some during it; lot of rules got stretched in it and finally broken in later seasons so in a way it might be the decline of things, but I still believe it was better than the seasons after it. And again, I think that has more to do with Brad Kern and his ego trip and wanting to see how much he could get away with before just really going all out to mess our wonderful show over by bringing in guest stars no one cared about or characters that were the same....after all, I watched the show for the sisters you know - not everyone else, maybe that was just me. And that's not meaning I didn't watch for Leo because him I count in saying I watched for the sisters. Image Season 5, and especially season 6, were just...they weren't 'Charmed' and I think that's why a lot of fans had issues with them - be whatever they were; sure even 5 was better than 6 (anything is pretty much better than 6) but the whole fairytale ordeal all the time and making it all about Wyatt - yes, he was new I get that, but still the entire season on him? I don't know about that.

There were tons of storylines that could have been addressed, in fact - it's a whole topic at another site; as for the seperation....I personally don't think that was the choice of the actors playing the characters as Holly and Brian both said they didn't care for it and while Holly did say she could understand the break the way it was handled was just so poor it made her cringe; I don't like my Piper/Leo seperate so I didn't agree with it any, but I do agree with her that it made me cringe with how it was handled. Just ew. Image

Not sure if this helps you any, but maybe it'll help you get a bit of a better idea of things, if not...sorry for wasting your time. Image

Hope this helps.
Last edited by anonymous on Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

Question on Seasons 4+

Postby magijohn » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:06 pm

The fact that they didn't originally intend for chris to be leo and piper's son is obvious just from watching. Chris never acts as though they are anything but a means to fixing his future until the very episode his lineage is revealed. He has no problem with piper dating the fireman before that, does't seem like someone who's life depends on them being together.

Piper and leo's breakup was the sensless thing i ever saw. Watching the show for the first four seasons had me believing their love was destined and strong (This from a guy!), then in 2 episodes...poof! They can't be together because leo is an elder. Then after that he sticks around, making the break up seem even stranger. Let's not forget the fact that just looking at Leo most of the time during this period, you can tell he still loves her deeply (Kudos to both actors, If they can relay all this into even my thick skull, they gotta be good!).

Now, don't get me wrong. The chris storyline COULD have been good with a different execution. Having the son come back into the past to help save his family and future ain't a bad concept. I just think they should have planned it better, so it didn't seem like they were flying by the seat of their pants.

I agree with you about season four, i said the sense started
draining in season four. The cole storyline in season 5 left me cold and not liking phoebe much for quite a while. Half evil or no, the baby was still hers, and the casual way she dealt with the babies loss seemed very unlike her.

I think the thing that annoys me most of all is the inconsistancy with no explaination of why it exists. That made noooo sense did it? Lemme give an example. In the episode "I dream of Phoebe" They discover another genii. Now I realize that Shannon Doherty had no intention of returning to the show, and all that, but that fact has no bearing on the continuity of the show. Stating that, the whole time they've got the genii, I'm yelling at the tv "I wish Prue alive!!!". Later in the episode all the charmed ones are "killied", then when the bottle is regained They actually say "I wish the Charmed ones alive." Ok, where's Prue. She IS a charmed one, and the stated wish returned the charmed ones to life. So, where is she?

Btw, it helped alot, and not even close to a waste of my time! Image

Now i just hafta figure out how to go back in time and vanquish a demon named Brad Kern.Image
magijohn

Question on Seasons 4+

Postby monstervsangels » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:37 pm

It made no sense how they went from Paige finding out she's a half sister and being independant to moving in and being dependant and acting worse than Phoebe in the first 3 seasons.
Even Phoebe wouldnt have wanted her to give up all of her independance and take her place as last child in the family.
I agree they should've had better sessions of brain storming instead of going with what ever came via a certain Producer of the show, I gave up on most of the show after Shannen left as the episodes were not as family bonded as they were with her there.
monstervsangels
Shannen Fanatic

Question on Seasons 4+

Postby magijohn » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:55 pm

It does seem like the three sisters spent alot of time thinking how depressing it would be if they all still lived with each other in the future. They tried to move out though! 'member when Phoebe when to hong kong with the meia mogul dude and paige moved in with the recovering magicaholic (Richard, i think). That lasted all of 2-3 episodes if memory serves. Anybody know a vanquishing potion for this kern demon?
magijohn

Question on Seasons 4+

Postby sweissman » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:44 am

sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

Question on Seasons 4+

Postby magijohn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:15 pm

The point I'm trying to make (and failing miserably) is this: Regardless of what show you're talking about, If it's a serial show (has a continuity) you must either keep with the continuity or come up with a half way decent reason for a change. When the Kern Demon took over the show, if he wanted to change things, he should have done it gradually or with a good reason. Paige moving out and back in again would not have bothered me as this part of her character was never explored, and she'd only been around her new sisters a short while. I feel (only my opinion, for what that's worth) Phoebe had far stronger connections with piper, and the manor / sister thing. I can't remember the name of the episode, but it had been previously established that none of the original three had wanted to break that bond. (episode where piper and leo were gonna move out, but ultimately didn't because of the bond between the sisters.) I always got the feeling that the bond between the sisters was paramount (not the studio) and all other relations came second. 'Course, I'm intentionally ignoring the end Phoebe/cole storyline, which (here's my opinion again!) made Phoebe look very bad. Ya know Whole queen of the source, evil baby, then let's just end the whole thing.

Jeez, I'm rambling again.
magijohn

Question on Seasons 4+

Postby mingbear » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:31 am

My question really doesn't have anything to do with season 4. So why am I posting here? Because here is where I thought of it. Wyatt is more powerful than Chris. I'm sure we've established this from the show. Why? Wyat is half whitelighter while Chris is half elder. Elders are more powerful than whitelighters...you get my drift? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
mingbear

Question on Seasons 4+

Postby magijohn » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:41 pm

magijohn

Question on Seasons 4+

Postby shannenfan925 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:10 pm

is not a question for season 4+.

What happen to Prue's stuffs after she pass away?
shannenfan925
Major Shannen fan

Next

Return to Prue Halliwell