[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - The power of 4

The power of 4

Come here to discuss Charmed's Prue Halliwell and the other characters of the hit show. Sound inviting?

The power of 4

Postby angelprue » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:53 am

Who believes in the power 4.

prue is dead and paige is now there sister, but i don't think about that there is a power of 3, i still believe mostly in my heart, prue is alive but that,s not true of course.
But she is with the sisters.
phoebe,piper,prue, paige, together they are the power of 4
Dead or not, i think them of the 4 charmed ones.

(sorry if it,s a bit weird typed but i didn,t now how i should do it)
angelprue
New Shannen Fan

The power of 4

Postby skaterkate » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:39 am

yea i agree they are the 4 charmed ones.
skaterkate
Major Shannen fan

The power of 4

Postby dohertyx2 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:42 pm

Im realy sad that Prue is gone ,but yes,i belive in power of 4!!!!
dohertyx2
Major Shannen fan

The power of 4

Postby lil4leafclover » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:07 pm

I wish it was that...

Paige COULD NEVER take Prue's place. Prue was the oldest and the eldest. She seemed to be the person that kept everyone in line. Always the most responsible and mature. I always thought of Piper being all panicky, feisty,and naive. In my oppinion, she isn't quite fit to take the role on being the oldest sister. Paige and Phoebe just seems to be hyper for some reason, like so energetic. Also Phoebe is sort of naive when it comes to love.

So we are missing an element.. The oldest sister, Prue.
Having a new addition to the charmed ones would have been so much better than just replacing Prue. You can't replace her, she's irreplaceable!!

Paige may have similar powers that are similar to Prue's but they aren't the same. Yes, they both can move things with their minds but Prue was able to use telekinesis and move it physically. Paige had more of a mental twist to it, she was able to "teleport" the object. Just doesn't have the same feel, which is a good thing. Seeing anothe character using Prue's powers would have made me kinda mad. Also, Orbing and Astro-projection were very different too. Orbing was definitely a whitelighter technique, but people are saying it's similar to Astro-projection. Yes, the objectives are the same but they are still different powers. Sure, she (Paige) was able to teleport somewhere else and Prue was able to teleport using her Astro-Projection self but still remained in presence.

Sorry about the ramble.. I am still a little uneasy about Prue not being with them. The power of 4 would have been so cool. Although, they would have been really strong!! But.. "Bring it on!!!" Image

Power of 4 rocks!!

xoxo

~Lil4leafclover
lil4leafclover
Major Shannen fan

The power of 4

Postby angelprue » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:07 am

Yes that,s all true of course, and she can,t be replaced by an other.
angelprue
New Shannen Fan

The power of 4

Postby magijohn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:27 pm

magijohn
Very Important Shannen Fan

The power of 4

Postby lil4leafclover » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:31 pm

I am sorry ^^;

I guess I ranted a bit more with myself. Sounds pathetic doesn't? Prue shouldn't have died ^^; If the Elders were so powerful, couldn't they just bring her back to life in the first place. After all, she is still mortal. It's not like they would have to revive a Goddess or something..

I never bought the whole long lost half sister for a minute. Prue's dead and all of a sudden they discovered a secret about Patty having another child with Sam Wilder and left her at the church. No, that doesn't work for me. I think they put it as a quick recovery but too quick in my oppinion. They should have just left episodes with only Piper and Phoebe. And also Phoebe was suddenly rescued from that place?

Paige is nothing like Prue, which thank goodness for. I miss Prue ^^; lol she was always my favourite. The weird thing is that everyone that I knew that watched charmed, 4/5 of them said that Piper was their favourite and the remainder had said Phoebe and Paige. Well, guess none of my friends has the same tastes as me. But don't get me wrong, my second favourite would definitely be Piper. I am able to relate to her although about almost Charmed Quiz I did, I had Prue for results LOL. Well, whatever they are only quizes.

I guess I just have a curse when it comes to favourite characters, they always seem to die XD

Well.. Sorry about my new mini rant again. It just seems easier for me to deal with it when I ramble on about it. After all, I have been doing that to my friends and they don't even give a darn about what I am saying hehe.

I give my love to Prue!!!! <3

xoxo

~Lil4leafclover
Last edited by lil4leafclover on Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
lil4leafclover
Major Shannen fan

The power of 4

Postby mingbear » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:38 am

I totally believe in the power of 4. Look at my sig. I like Paige and I like Prue. They're very different characters with similar powers that work very differently. It's good that it was done that way. Otherwise there would've been revolts. There was any way, if anyone remembers. However, compare the objectives of the overview of all the seasons and it's the same. Sisters trying to find a sisterly bond while having to fight demons. With Prue it was trying to reconnect. With Paige it was connecting for the first time. I thought it was interesting and it's very late here, so I'm rambling.
mingbear

The power of 4

Postby lil4leafclover » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:47 am

Yeah... I haven't really gave Paige much of a chance. I have been more focused on how much better if they kept Prue and didn't bother with Paige..

I can't help but realize how fast it went though. Prue's dead and all of a sudden genetics claim that a strange lady shows up at the funeral and just happens to be the half sister of the Halliwell family. And that restores the "Power of 3" which then the sisters can continue protecting the innocent and banishing all the evil.

I just can't help but see Paige being a replacement in Prue's shoes. It just bugs me, does anyone know any ways to cope with this? I really do want to give Paige a chance but yet I'm obsessed with Prue's death and her being the best Charmed One. It's so sad, I'll even keep watching Youtube videos of Charmed to see them ALL in the opening credits, in order to convince myself that Prue isn't dead XD lol I think I have problems...

But couldn't they have a spirit of her or something, like grams LOL. But yeah... It shoooould have been the Power of 4 XD or something.. lol They could have also shot out an extra beam for Prue during the final fight with Billie and Christy though.. Prue wants a piece of them!!!

Forever Live Prue -FLP-!!!

xoxo

~Lil4leafclover
lil4leafclover
Major Shannen fan

The power of 4

Postby mingbear » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:33 am

Maybe try watching for a bit. Paige is VERY different from Prue. Yeah, she's sort of a replacement, but not really. Her powers are even different. I mean, they accomplish the same goal, but not the same. Give it a chance and see what you think of her. Try to keep your mind open and not compare her to Prue. She does that for you, actually.
mingbear

Next

Return to Prue Halliwell