Seeing All Sides On Shannen Says, Interview

This is the place to chat about the one and only amazing Shannen!

Seeing All Sides On Shannen Says, Interview

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:54 am

We never thought Shannen Doherty would turn to reality television. However, the self-conscious star shared why she's airing her wedding journey.

Shannen Doherty was married last October, she is revealing her journey down the aisle now on her WE tv reality show -- something she never thought she'd do.

"I have absolutely no idea why I decided to do a reality show," she told People. "Except that, at the time, it seemed like a really good idea to document everything that you go through when planning a wedding."

She added, "Planning a wedding in seven weeks is stressful enough for anybody, but when you're filming a show, it makes it 10 times harder because you have so many other opinions that, perhaps, you didn't need."

Doherty shares that the episodes aren't just picking out tablecloths and trying on wedding dresses -- but conquering a fear that the self-conscious star has never faced head-on.

"I think the reality show is actually going to show people who I am -- Shannen, not the characters that I play and not the girl who goes on talk shows and still plays a character, because she's always been self-conscious and doesn't want people to actually know her that well. The show definitely is me, and I think it shows the good, the bad and the ugly. It shows all sides."

So how does she feel about it? "It's actually a little scary, because it makes me far more vulnerable, because it's me personally that you're judging, as opposed to a character. Scary!"

Shannen Says airs on WE tv on Sundays at 10 p.m. EST.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/a ... s#comments
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Re: Seeing All Sides On Shannen Says, Interview

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:09 pm

^ thanks for sharing Kris. I knew she was a shy self-conscious person and it would have been so hard and stressful for her to do Shannen Says but she has done it. having seen the first episode which was throughly entertaining and funny it made you want more. Not many people rise to a challenge like Shannen, she puts her heart and soul into everything regardless of her fears and worries. For any self-conscious person it's the worst feeling having people judge you, Shannen wants to be accepted and people know the real her. For me personally i am proud to say i am her fan and have been for half my life. :) :)
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Re: Seeing All Sides On Shannen Says, Interview

Postby Kristin Marie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Your welcome, Sarah.

She's truly has lived her life to the fullest and never seen her this happy ever. I'm not sure when was the last time she ever was THIS happy

Kristin Marie
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Return to Shannen Doherty