She really is the sweetest!! :)

This is the place to chat about the one and only amazing Shannen!

Postby Linz » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Wow! That's a great story!

My obstacles are more.... personal, I guess. Not in a disgusting sense, just in a way that I think they are better left unsaid. LOL. But, they definitely inspired me to go after my dreams, and Shannen was a huge part of that! Image

Its great those things happened to us because they made us stronger and made us realize that our dreams were worth it and could happen! Image
Linz
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby shell » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Yeh Lindsey I agree.

It not the only experience I went through.

My other experience is what many others have been through, but because of what I was interested in doing with my life always made me more happy again.

I was bullied for 5 years at my last school and some of it really made me feel bad and dropped my confidence in going outside on my own at first incase they were out.

Those boys who bullied me for the first year at my last school only did it for a year. So I started to get the confidence again to go outside on my own again.

Then it was boys in my class that started next and they made me feel even worse as I had to spend all day in class with them. They started on my friends in there too.

By the 3rd year of me being bullied I sort of stopped it nearly by letting my uncle pick me up from school in his brand new convertable which the boys out my class couldn't belive I was getting in one. Then they started asking me questions in class the next day who's convertable it was I was getting in and they couldn't belive it was one of my relatives.

Then because I was sick of it by the 5th year and going up to college I thought enough was enough and stood up for my self and answered them back.

All it took was a few simple words and they never said anything again when they found out I could stand up for myself. I stood up for me and one of my friends at the time and she couldn't belive it eirther. She never seen me do it before.

Anyway through those bad times I was having I knew I could come home and watch what made me happy like Charmed and when I found other things Shannen was in at time made me more happy.

So that's probably why Shannen insprired me more to go into acting and try it out in college and also trying film and television there too.

Sorry if that's a lot to read again, but I thought I might share that story too. Image
shell

Postby Linz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:09 pm

HEy Shell!
I totally understand! WHen I was in high school.... I would get made fun of sometimes. A boy said that I was fat, ugly, had a big nose, and looked like a guy- and I was so incredibly sad, I just cried for days because my feelings were so hurt! And I have been through way worse things than that, but I was so happy that I had Charmed to come home to to watch! I think that that is one of the reasons Shannen loves what she does ,because she knows how much it touches people! And for many other reasons, I am sure. But.... it was she that inspired me to follow my dreams! I can't wait until I move to LA and am able to do so! Image
Linz

Postby shell » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:18 pm

I actually felt better from the day I stood up for myself infront of my bullies.

My confidence just grew. I think that was because I belived in myself that I could do it and I think what helped me build it back up again was the fact I had things in my life I enjoyed and still do when it comes to Charmed and watching things with Shannen in.

When people found out I stood up for myself they were really proud I did that as they knew it was hard to do that because of how much confidence I lost from what I had been through. Image

I think if I told Shannen that I had stood up for myself I think she would be really proud of me too. Image
Last edited by shell on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shell

Postby Linz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Yes, it always feels so good when you can stand up for yourself! Its a great feeling! Image The boy who said those things did not say them to my face, but my cousin heard him talking about me and relayed the message. But, if I had been face to face.... idk what I would have done in that situation. LOL. Its good you stood up for yourself.
Linz

Postby shell » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:10 am

I know it is. Image

Those boys from my class would only say things to me and my friends if they were together. They wouldn't if they didn't have each other.

The only thing now is if someone thinks they can start. I have the temptation to say something back, but I hold myself back as I think it could caurse problems I don't want.

I just don't want to think if I didn't have Charmed or new things with Shannen in to watch during the hard times I don't know what I would of done.

I don't think I would of done what others have done from being bullied like trying to kill themselves or take overdoses of something.

I don't think I would of been able to do that. I think I was to scared really to do that.

So I am glad all the way back then I thought about the things I enjoyed watching or doing that cheered me up. Image
shell

Postby Linz » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:42 am

Same here girl! I would go to dance class or acting and be totally fine- thank God for the arts! And then I would watch Charmed or whatever Shannen was in and it would cheer me up so much and remind that I can really be amazing- just like her- if I work hard!! Image
Linz

Postby shell » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:24 am

Yeh I agree Lindsey. If you work hard enough on what you want to acheive you could be like Shannen.

It looks like we both would think about what we like and enjoy and feel better too.

I know I am trying to get experience and learn about film and television, but I do find some things hard.

I don't want to let that get in the way though when things will become easier.

Things will become easier on my course I think as the year goes through. It is just the fact that I have never done it before unlike when I did my acting for 2 years I had a bit of experience in the past.

So if I get my way in film and television I could become a director, producer, work in special effects or script write. I could even put 2 together. Like director and producer. Image

I just like the fact in the past it was the things I enjoyed and watching Charmed and seeing things with Shannen in made me happy again. Image
shell

Postby Linz » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:27 pm

HEy girl!
Aww thanks, well...... that would be super sweet if I could get to that status and be as respected as Shannen is in the industry. Of course, that will take me years of work-- but I am prepared for that! Image I have dreamed about working in the industry since I was a little girl! I would absolutely die if I got to work with Shannen- I am SO amazed by her talent, her professionalism, and her business sense as well! LOL!

I agree with you that film is so tough! I had no idea what I was getting into really, I did not understand how much work it was just to put together a short ten minute piece! I cannot even imagine what it is like editing/shooting a feature film! What programs do you use for editing? What cameras do you use for shooting? I LOVE Final Cut Pro on MAC. I have heard that in Hollywood, everything is done on MAC! My favorite cameras are Sony.... but we use Canon and Nikon cameras a lot at school. a lot of shoots now in LA are done digitally, but they still use the HUGE cameras for filming movies, idk what brand they are or what the technical term is for them- but they are awesome! LOL! Image

Anyway..... keep dreaming girl and working towards it! YOu never know, we could end up working together someday! That would be cool!! I think we would create a masterpiece!! LOL! Oh and.... I have to say that my leas favorite thing is writing the script. i am really good at writing... but I have difficulty with it when it comes to creating a script and coming up with the dialogue for my characters. I can get the plot going, but when it comes to figure out how to convey my messages through the dialogue of my characters, I get really frustrated! LOL! And of course.... my most favorite thing is being in front of the camera, whether I am a character or just myself- like reporting, the way they do on E! News! haha! Image
Linz

Postby shell » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:33 pm

I agree with what you say Lindsey.

The camera's we use in college are Sony and we edit our stuff on final cut on Mac's.

We didn't do any today as we watched some short films to get our ideas going. So when we get to doing our other short films we know what sort of plots where going to use.

We came up with ideas today on characters, events, where it will be held and what type of short story it would come under.

I thought of most of the ideas what to put to it in my group of 3. So because we ended with the event of a volcano erupting I started talking about science stuff that goes with volcano's and started using big science words. Which the toturs were abit surprised about. They didn't think I would come out with words like that. Image They didn't even know what I knew about volcano's. Image

So if I keep working hard and thinking of ideas that could create a short film and help with other ideas I think I will get somewere as I don't think I have ever had this many ideas before when I did performing Arts. Image

So imagine with both ended up working with Shannen and her helping us out if went over to film and act in something she was in. It would be great. Image
shell

PreviousNext

Return to Shannen Doherty