[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Fans Meeting Shannen

Fans Meeting Shannen

This is the place to chat about the one and only amazing Shannen!

Fans Meeting Shannen

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:09 pm

This is a new thread of Fans Meeting Shannen. Its better to do this here intsead of doing it on the main page, in case you know who decide to take it.

This will always be in this forum and in the sticky.. Image

So you met Shannen? tell us your experience...

Just put your name, when you went and what show.

I added Courtney's, Bree's and FRZ'S experience with Shannen( I think my turn is next Image)

Love and Hugs,

Kris
Last edited by anonymous on Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Fans Meeting Shannen

Postby shannenchicafan » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:14 pm

shannenchicafan
Very Important Shannen Fan

Fans Meeting Shannen

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:14 pm

Sabrina( Bree), Carson Daly Live: March 31st 2004

It's funny how you think you know how you're going to react in a situation. You know what you will say and do, and everything is in perfect order as to how you invision it to go, but when it happens, you are not even remotely prepared. You tense up, you freeze, there is nothing that you can do but let the situation unfold. A year ago, today, I encountered my situation, my dream, meeting my inspiration, Shannen Doherty.When I read that I could request tickets to be an auidence member for a live taping of "Last Call With Carson Daly", because Shannen Doherty was the guest, I hadn't banked much on getting the tickets, since I was late requesting them. I prayed and checked my e-mail every day to see if I was approved. I made plans, just in case I did get them, and I was eager to see if I was choosen. Sunday, February 28th, I had checked my em-mail one last time, and there, in bold writing, were the tickets I had requested. I was shocked. I ran around my house screaming. What would I wear? How should I wear my hair? What if I got a huge pimple on the middle of my face? What if Shannen didn't make it to the show after all? The what if's kept piling up. Than my gram's commented, I really hope you get to meet her. I paused, and than looked at her, and stated..."I would die if I met her, but I know that's highley unlikely." I was nervous for the rest of the night.

Monday, March 1, 2004, I woke up bright and early, called myself out of work, and than sat myself in front of the t.v. with a tape, and watched "Live with Regis and Kelly", to see that Shannen was, indeed in New York. After her interview, I took a shower, and got myself ready. Me and my friends were on the road and ready to go, way a head of time, beacuse there was no way I was missing my chance to see Shannen live.

It was a short two hour drive from my house to New York, as we jammed to the music, and hung signs in my car that read, "Shae's number one fan" and "Shannen rocks". I wanted to scream out to the whole world that I was Shannen's biggest fan, and that I was going to see her, and nothing could stop me. I was invinciable that day. Once in New York, we decided to shop around a bit, every minute my eye on my watch. We weren't to be at the station til 5 o'clock, but I made sure we arrived at 4:30pm. No one could be first in line, but me.
Once in side the buiding, we had met up with another girl who had been to Carson Daly before. She had gone over all the details of what would happen, and what wouldn't. I explainned to her that I had been a fan for over 15 yrs, of Shannen's, and there wasn't anything of hers that I would miss. The girl continued on to say that there was no way I would meet Shannen. I smiled and said, "I wasn't expecting, too. All I wanted to do was see my idol, live, doing what comes naturally to her." And the girl replied, "That's good, because they don't come off the stage. And watch, all the very *friendly* personty looking girls will get in the front row anyways." I looked at my friends and said,"hell no". And pulled my shirt down off my shoulders.

After 5ish, the line started to form, and the began to take us up to the actual studio. It was exciting to be in a building were so many famous people had been, the studio where Saturday Night Live was filmed for over twenty five years. My bestfriend and I were amazed. we kept petting the signs for the SNL Prop room. The green room was to the right of us, and my friend kept joking, "Shannen right in there. Look, Bree, you can just hop the rope and see her." I laughed, and teared up. It wasn't til Carson Daly came by and said hi to all of us, that I really felt like something great was about to happen. He went into the make-up room...and we waited a few more minutes. Than, they lifted the ropes and walked us into the studio, and seated me and my two friends in the front row, in the direct eye sight of Shannen. I knew it couldn't get any better.

After they played a few songs, Carson came out and started his monolouge, than he introduced Shannen. When she walked out on that stage, I swear, I froze. I couldn't move, everyone was cheering, screaming, not me. I mean, I wanted to, I was inside, but for the life of me, I couldn't even catch my breath. I grabbed my friend's leg and gasped. There was no way that I was starring at the idol I had grown up admiring. She was a live, real, in person, and absoultey beautiful.

At first, Shannen and Carson just talked. I didn't hear a thing she said, I was too impressed with the fact that she was just as amazing in person as she was on television. And did I mention, she was live and in person? When they shot to commercial break, Shannen looked out at us, and we started talking to her, she than would lip things back to us. I held up a picture of her that I had brought with me, to let her know, she was the only reason that I was there. She kept smiling and saying thank you to us. The best thing about it was, she decided to stay for the whole segment, even after her interview was done. I didn't care what else or who else was on, I steady starred at her like there was no tomorrow.

Once the show was finished, my friend motioned for her to sign my picture, remember, I was still frozen. She said, "Sure, just give me five minutes for the show to wrap." Five minutes, that's all she wanted, I would have given her five hours, days, months, whatever it took. After they ended the show and the publicity pictures, Shannen came walking off the stage. I was in shock, she was standing two feet from me, as my friend handed her the picture. She asked, " Who is this for?" I leaped over my bestfriend, Mike, and said, 'Sabrina." Shannen repeated, "Sabrina"? I said, yes. She signed the picture, "Sabrina, Love Shannen Doherty." The girl that claimed I wouldn't meet her, asked for Shae's autograph as well, and Shannen signed. Than she came back over, and I asked, "Can I hug you?" She said, "Sure". Than as we were hugging, I stated, "I love you. I have been a fan for over fifteen years. You are so beautiful." Shannen replied. "Aweee...thank you so much".

Words can't describe that moment. This was Jenny Wilder, Chris Withersthingy, Brenda Walsh, the Brenda Walsh, Maggie Malene, Rebecca Dabrovich, and so many other characters I have loved over the year, but most importantly, it was my idol, Shannen Doherty. I ran out of that building so fast, and as soon as I hit the outside, I sat done and cried, hysterically for fifteen minutes. Nothing can nor will it ever top that day. I can't tell you how much those moments meant to me. What's funny to me is, it was probebly an ordinary day to Shannen, but it was a life changing experiance for me.
For those of you who don't believe dreams coming true or prayers being anwsered, please think back to this story. It's real, it's emotionally and it will forever be etched in my brain. I may not remember yesterday or last week, or even today, but that day, I will never forget. Shannen, thank you for being who you are and letting me get to meet you. Just remember there are always people out there whom adore and love you, merely because you exsist.

Courtney, On Air With Ryan Seacrest: March 31st 2004

I got to meet Shannen last Wednesday when she was on On Air With Ryan Seacrest. I made her a big sign that said "Shannen you rock, You're my #1 idol, Please let me meet you" and when she came out Ryan pointed it out to her and she was like "I know thank you!" then Ryan asked me my name and I was like "Courtney" and Shannen goes "Courtney, hi" and I was like "Hi!...Oh my god, that's the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me" and she laughed and was like "Me too!"...Then after her segment she came over and signed a picture for me. It definitely was the most amazing thing that's ever happened. And it's funny cause I'm in CA til the end of May and that was my one goal while I was here was to meet her and I actually did it. After I met her I called EVERYONE I knew and told them lol
Last edited by anonymous on Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Fans Meeting Shannen

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:19 pm

Frz, April 29th 2005 (Wingwoman [a.k.a Love, Inc] pilot

Hi Guys ..
I just got home ..... It's 1:15am here ...

I arrived at Paramount at 3:30pm and it was a line but cause I called them for confirming my reservation I went inside early than some people who didn't call ....
We went inside and have our seats and I was at the third line sits in the middle of all seats ... There were two guys who were talking to us about the show and what we should do and stuff like that ... they were so funny and they made us laugh a lot .... Then they introduced the casts to us which Shannen was included and believe me or not ,,, She was queen of the room and she was pretty , amazing , I don't know what to say cause we don't have enough words for describe her beauty ...

Anyway ,, they started taping around 5pm and the show was pretty amazing .... There were some guys from army and Shannen shook hands with 2 of them and one time she said they got my support
between each scene when they stopped taping the DJ (Kenny) played some music and everyone was going crazy with the music and the best part was "I saw Shannen Dancing " , Oooooooooh , She has pretty moves and she's dancing I loved her dances
Anyway ... The show stop taping at 11 but the cast had to stay there for another 2 hours taping but with no audience ....

Sorry guys the bad part was .... I couldn't meet her again .... I think I'm suck at these kinda stuff. Sorry guys .... there were two or more times that she was in front of me but every time I raised my hand and wanted to call her ---> I was like "Shhhhhhhaaa..." , and then she went for taping again .....

I stayed there till 11pm so I can get her autograph but sorry I couldn't and I almost stuck at street cause there were no bus .... when the bus stopped at the last stop and said there's not gonna be another bus for the rest of the way ,, I came out of the bus and I was like OMG ,, What should I do cause there's no taxi and there's no more bus .... but there was a lady which she was in the same bus as me and I asked her to call taxi and I'll pay for it and thank God ,, she did and she was with me in half of the way .... and now I'm home and god I'm so tired now
Last edited by anonymous on Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Fans Meeting Shannen

Postby shaed412 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:11 am

I love this, it's an awesome idea, thanks for including me. God Bless!!!
shaed412

Fans Meeting Shannen

Postby shannenchicafan » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:13 am

Your right Frz. Sis (Kris) awesome idea. But who is courtney?

Thank You and Love YA,
Haylie
shannenchicafan

Fans Meeting Shannen

Postby Kristin Marie » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:17 am

Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Fans Meeting Shannen

Postby sarahconnor » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:37 am

You are all so lucky to hav emet her! I hope I meet her someday! Image
sarahconnor

Fans Meeting Shannen

Postby jenny777 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:51 am

Same here..... I wish i could meet her one day. But i think we all do, hopefully we all can somehow.

But I even got to babble about meeting her on an exam the other day!! It asked for a personal goal (for careers, pointless class) So... I put meeting Shannen. Then i had to explain why etc.. It was themost fun i've hadwriting an exam in a loong time.
jenny777

Fans Meeting Shannen

Postby Dianna » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:44 am

I often get e-mails when fans meet Shannen. Next time I'll add them to this thread Image
Dianna
Site Admin

Next

Return to Shannen Doherty